Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Hurrache wrote: »
    Erm, that's from March, when little was known about it.

CDC from the 5 th of October updated their findings. Close contact is still the most common route.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Yes I know but it's been reiterated recently.

My point was that poster was purposely stating as fact that the virus was hanging around the air and spread that way.

Quote "Do you think people are going around coughing and sneezing on each other? They aren't doing that. This virus is airborne." End quote

Also airborne is not the same as aerosol transmission they are not interchangeable phrases. Yes "airborne" transmission happens but in very specific settings. The virus is not waiting for you when you open your front door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

There's a rotten attitude towards young people in this country at the moment. Seeking to blame them for the spread of the virus. Even on here some of the commentary has been extremely nasty even as far as describing young women as 'dirty prostitutes'.

I agree. They've sacrificed a lot this year. For some of them their lives will have been irreversibly damaged. They have moved on now and good luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Echoes of March from Italy again- may just be a warning
    If the daily rate of coronavirus cases in Italy reaches the same level as France then hospitals would be able to cope for just two months

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/oct/14/coronavirus-live-news-restrictions-tighten-across-europe-global-cases-near-38m?page=with:block-5f86d7288f08d5b102ab971c#block-5f86d7288f08d5b102ab971c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭pauldry

So coronavirus spreads through speech too

That will probably be restricted next and at Christmas if you want to speak to the person in front of you you will have to Watts App them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Dublin is in level 3 4 weeks on Friday. Not sure what info he needs to tell if its working tbh. https://twitter.com/RTENewsAtOne/status/1316355286043627520?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I predict 1500+ new cases on Friday, Saturday or Monday.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Big increase

What's your prediction based on?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Balagan1

josip wrote: »
    Where can I find a list of the Covid Test Centres in Dublin?

Don't think such lists available, other than by word of mouth locally.

If a contact tracer contacts you they will fix appointment and give you location or if, after you call your GP with symptoms and they find you should get a test they will likewise set it up for you at one of the centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Ask a bus driver seems to be one option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Big increase

What's your prediction based on?

A hunch.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 23,668 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Rte all over reporting lockdowns and restrictions in Europe, that gives the green light to our politicians to have another lockdown.

When it comes to 'fighting' covid we don't have much imagination, restrictions restrictions restrictions.

What are they 'over reporting'? Restrictions are being implemented in countries across Europe because we are in the midst of a resurgence.

This is not breaking news.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Eod100 wrote: »

Leo the Leaker was first out of the blocks flagging that.

Because you know he has to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Turnaround from getting referred by doctor to results is 4-5 days now.

Madness.

It's not sustainable.

Im in Galway and I called Monday at 9.30am. Doc called me back at 10.30am. Booked in for test Today at 5.00pm. Im assuming ill get results by 5pm Friday. So ya 4-5 days is about right.

Im fairly certain I dont have it but cant be too careful. Hardest part of it is that I couldnt let my daughter go to playschool so shes at home with me while im also trying to work. Next to impossible. Id love to be able to just go to the shop :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Boggles wrote: »
    Leo the Leaker was first out of the blocks flagging that.

Because you know he has to be.

His The next announcement will be the Cabinet decision...before Cabinet actually meets.

Regular as clockwork is our Leo :rolleyes:

Is construction closed at level 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

polesheep wrote: »
    For some of them their lives will have been irreversibly damaged
    Unlike the people who died..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/testing/how-to-get-tested.html

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/media/pressrel/two-extra-pop-up-coronavirus-testing-centres-are-opening-this-weekend-in-north-inner-city-dublin-and-dublin-west.html

Edit if you cant drive or have no one to take you, ask for at home testing.
    If you drive with someone take precautions.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Eod100 wrote: »

Does anybody know if Louth is also considered for these restrictions I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

A hunch.

Hope you're wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

A hunch.

Just a little hunch back at the office?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKu7WjEaDWU

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

rosiem wrote: »
    Does anybody know if Louth is also considered for these restrictions I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere ?

There aren't many extra restrictions to take if we want to match NI. Really it would just be closing off licenses a bit earlier and maybe an extra week off at mid term.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,668 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Belgium saying their hospitals will max out by mid November at the current pace.
    We will reach our maximum capacity of 2,000 beds by mid-November in ICUs if this kind of increase continues. We absolutely need to avoid this scenario.

Van Laethem said 152 new patients were admitted every day in Belgian hospitals over the past week, up 80%. The number of daily deaths rose 56% in that period.

It demonstrates the power of this exponential growth. It starts slowly, grows little by little, then finishes with an explosive situation.

Meanwhile Catalonia shutting pubs and restaurants for at least two weeks among other restricts. Shops will operate at 30% capacity.
    The Catalan government has announced that all bars and restaurants in the region will be limited to a takeaway and delivery service for two weeks from Thursday night following a surge in cases, writes Sam Jones, the Guardian’s Madrid correspondent.

Shops and markets will operate at 30% capacity, gyms, cinemas and theatres at 50%, and children’s play areas will close at 8pm.

The strict measure comes after the weekly total cases in Catalonia rose from 7,000 to 11,000 over the course of a few days.

“This is a painful measure and we know that,” said the acting regional president, Pere Aragonès. “But it’s a necessary measure and we need to act now.” The alternative, added Aragonès, would be even stricter measures.

“We need to act with absolute commitment,” he said. “We need a huge collective effort built on individual efforts to change or day-to-day habits so that we can once again reopen these social spaces.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/oct/14/coronavirus-live-news-restrictions-tighten-across-europe-global-cases-near-38m

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭bilston

1,217 new cases and 4 new deaths reported in NI today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

There aren't many extra restrictions to take if we want to match NI. Really it would just be closing off licenses a bit earlier and maybe an extra week off at mid term.

And on the flip side opening up our churches with no mask wearing inside. Crazy decision from NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I predict 1500+ new cases on Friday, Saturday or Monday.

I predict 750 to 1000 cases

• Registered Users Posts: 13,901 ✭✭✭✭josip

speckle wrote: »

Thanks, but I've already googled and found those links, but neither of them are a list of Testing Centres as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Belgium saying their hospitals will max out by mid November at the current pace.
    Mr Varadkar said that other countries such as Belgium are no longer using case numbers to make their decisions on restrictions and on policy.

“They are looking at hospitalisations, ICU capacity and on deaths. It is a job for us as politicians to say to the public health people that maybe we should be focusing on that

Pretty clear now I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Meanwhile Catalonia shutting pubs and restaurants for at least two among other restricts. Shops will operate at 30% capacity.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/oct/14/coronavirus-live-news-restrictions-tighten-across-europe-global-cases-near-38m

I don't get this can't the Catalonia government not just announce in the press for the population, 'to stop getting infected, please.'

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement