Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

bilston wrote: »
    1,217 new cases and 4 new deaths reported in NI today
    Holy fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

I predict 1500+ new cases on Friday, Saturday or Monday.
    I predict 750 to 1000 cases

I predict a riot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Ficheall wrote: »
    Unlike the people who died..

Just pointing it out. I know that there has been damage all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

josip wrote: »
    Thanks, but I've already googled and found those links, but neither of them are a list of Testing Centres as far as I can see.
    The test centers apart from main ones seem to pop up as needed which is probably why no set in stone list?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

1200 cases up north today. They must be going for herd immunity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

polesheep wrote: »
    For some of them their lives will have been irreversibly damaged.

From someone who yaks on about hysterics this is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

From someone who yaks on about hysterics this is hilarious.

Really? What if you had studied hard for your Leaving only to be told you couldn't sit it and then failed to get the course you wanted by a point or two? I call that irreversible damage.

As for your post re hysterics, show me the evidence.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I predict 1500+ new cases on Friday, Saturday or Monday.

Cut the "predictions"

They were stopped in these threads probably back in March, and there is absolutely no good reason to speculate like this. This is not a game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Boggles wrote: »
    Pretty clear now I suppose.

Yes indeed. Dublin hospitals have stable numbers of Covid patients, and I expect the rest of the country to stabilise over the next week. It should mean we can stay on level 3 (and hopefully go down if we can get better at trace and isolate)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Russman

Yes indeed. Dublin hospitals have stable numbers of Covid patients, and I expect the rest of the country to stabilise over the next week. It should mean we can stay on level 3 (and hopefully go down if we can get better at trace and isolate)

I think it’s a little soon to make that leap about stable numbers. You’d need to see a trend. There’s no way we could remain at a stable level, just a hairs breadth beneath capacity, at the beginning of winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Russman wrote: »
    I think it’s a little soon to make that leap about stable numbers. You’d need to see a trend. There’s no way we could remain at a stable level, just a hairs breadth beneath capacity, at the beginning of winter.

We are substantially beneath capacity at the moment. If we stay at this level or a bit higher, we will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Why would you expect that?

I'm not saying you will be right or wrong, but chances are we haven't seen the large case load from the past week manifest into hospitalizations yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭440Hertz

bilston wrote: »
    1,217 new cases and 4 new deaths reported in NI today

That’s equivalent to having 3,152 cases in the Republic!

Whatever’s going on up there they let it go completely out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

eagle eye wrote: »
    Can you please read before you post nonsense.
    70% AT RISK of reinfection, not reinfected.

ya sorry, completely misread it.
    Deleted. Wont post again. Cheers.

I think I can speak for the "rest of country" when I say shove that nonsense up your pipe.

Constructive viewpoint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

And on the flip side opening up our churches with no mask wearing inside. Crazy decision from NI.

Is that a joke?

Constructive viewpoint

Fair and accurate in response to what you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

440Hertz wrote: »
    That’s equivalent to having 3,152 cases in the Republic!

Whatever’s going on up there they let it go completely out of control.

Completely out of control is what we will see in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

polesheep wrote: »
    Really? What if you had studied hard for your Leaving only to be told you couldn't sit it and then failed to get the course you wanted by a point or two? I call that irreversible damage.
    Genuine question, which I don't know the answer to, and don't know where I could find it - did more people fail to get the course they wanted this year than in other years? I _suspect_ with the increased number of places and the leniency for covid (I think marks were slightly up overall?) that the "excess irreversible damage" is at best on a par with other years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

embraer170 wrote: »
    Is that a joke?

Afraid not. NI churches remain open. Mask wearing inside not required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

What’s NI 14 day per 100k?

I think it could be worst country in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I think we need to consider putting border counties on level 5 to protect rest of country

We can’t have Nordies coming to hotels in the south on their holidays

Fair and accurate in response to what you posted.

I posted an opinion based on observed data trends and you just post invective. Back up your view with your masterful intellect rather than attempting to shut down anything or anyone you don't agree with

I posted an opinion based on observed data trends and you just post invective. Back up your view with your masterful intellect rather than attempting to shut down anything or anyone you don't agree with

Could you link to the data you used to make this conclusion?
    The rest of the country got complacent and smug to an extent through September

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

embraer170 wrote: »
    Completely out of control is what we will see in the next few weeks.

Yep. I happened to be in Derry a few weeks back to care help/care for someone for a few days. Arrived in on a Friday night and the place was bouncing. I couldn't believe it. A number of things have caused an NI outbreak like this but in the North West. I'd say eat out to help out and the Executive Offices decision to go ahead with a 2 day funfair despite the City Council objecting being major factors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

I made it to be 606 per 100K as of today which would be higher than Belgium as of last week but not sure where it stands this week. ECDC data is published Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hard to find, but it seems to be around 515 cases per 100k. That's based on the 14-day average being 700 cases per day.

700 * 14 / 19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭pauldry

a lot of cases in NI

its still going up and up.

Where will it stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Could you link to the data you used to make this conclusion?

529249.png

It's even clearer when you throw it on a log graph and add a trendline

529250.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭JDD

Seriously need to close hotels, airbnbs and guesthouses in the border counties at the very least. Can't you see NI families booking rooms in Bundoran and Carlingford now that they have an extended mid-term break? I'm not saying everyone in NI would think that way, but there would be enough who have bought into the narrative that the virus is overhyped, and the hotels in the border counties, like the rest of ireland, are desperate for guests. They won't turn them down if bookings are made.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement