Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

**** the 5k rule

I’m travelling 200km next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

mcburns07 wrote: »

It not excellent mask wearing, but nothing wrong with it if they are in the same household.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭maebee

The main route you will spread corona to somebody else whilst speaking is out of your mouth, so less of this nonsense, people arent stupid.

Covid doesn't prefer a "main route". It's quite happy to spread itself through our noses. No point in making it easy by not covering the nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

**** the 5k rule

yes it is riduculous if you live down the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

maebee wrote: »
    Covid doesn't prefer a "main route". It's quite happy to spread itself through our noses. No point in making it easy by not covering the nose.

How far does a particle from your nose travel unless you have a massive sneeze

Be realistic .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Gruffalux wrote: »
    How about this Christmas - don't buy so much stuff!! Radical idea, I know. When my kids were small the other kids they knew used to get so much expensive stuff for Christmas it was actually obscene. I used to get a designated amount of presents that I could afford and nothing too expensive and then we would have a good time going for walks and having bonfires and watching movies and eating too much. As I come from a huge family and so does himself we decided decades ago to not buy each other presents. Guess what - no-one's freaking head has ever fallen off. And everyone still loves each other.

This. People need to have a serious word with themselves. Fcuking consumerised events are minimised/on hold this year while a pandemic is raging around us. It's (hopefully) just this year.

Yes, it's hard on the kids and people of all ages, I get that but it can still be a nice holiday. The important thing for kids is obviously the basics and hopefully a loving family around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Be realistic .

Do you not breathe out of your nose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

Be realistic .

Depends on how good at flicking you are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Gael23 wrote: »
    I’m travelling 200km next weekend

For exercise?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

HSE taking over at least 40% of private hospital capacity according to news on the radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

speckle wrote: »
    Exactly, which adds up if on a pension etc

I wonder could the government do something about this? Subsidise An Post or pay the shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Be realistic .

Most of us breath in via nose route, be realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

I wasn’t agreeing with you speckle, sorry :)
    I don’t have an Argos near me so anytime I’ve gone there has either been by driving or using the bus etc- both of which involve money, be it petrol or bus fare. And I might grab a coffee on the way or something... you’d soon have that fiver spent anyway.
    I’d rather pay for the delivery and have it delivered to my home

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Spiderman0081

It not excellent mask wearing, but nothing wrong with it if they are in the same household.
    If they are from the same household why would they be even wearing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

For exercise?

I’ve an exam for work in Dublin next week

If rural, how much wear and tear, petrol and tolls depending on where you live and how does it compare to the delivery change?

My favorite shop for woodworking tools is in Naas, it's cheaper to either ring them or order from their site and have the items delivered than for me to drive to and from it.
    The only time I do go is when I want to wander around the store and chat to the owner in person or attended a demo/class.

Stheno wrote: »
    HSE taking over at least 40% of private hospital capacity according to news on the radio

Will it be used this time for elective procedures rather than sitting idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

shorterm rental or buying them out which would be chesper meduim and longterm?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,309 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The whole framework for arguing for an against covid restrictions is predicated on individual circumstances. People who are doing very well financially out of Covid arguining for more and more restrictions is all well and good but if you can't see that people who are the most impacted by downturns might have a problem with what is going on then that's just disingenuous.

There's no right or wrong. Just differing perspectives.

Hmmmm, I think most healthcare professionals and others working on the front line will disagree.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It'll come at a cost but that should really help alleviate any pressure that comes on the health system in the weeks ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If they are from the same household why would they be even wearing them?
    Some people do when they are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Independent reporting we'll be allowed to form social bubbles. Eviction ban to come in, suggestions of 5k limit but other reports saying government feel that's too harsh.

"Schools along construction sites and manufacturing companies are expected to stay open as will other essential services and shops"

Review in 3/4 weeks

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/revealed-social-bubbles-eviction-ban-and-5km-travel-restriction-under-consideration-for-new-covid-19-rules-39638423.html

The last few sentences are interesting, Ireland becoming an outlier which may cause the markets ( lenders) to view us differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Will they actually ****ing use them this time?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The last few sentences are interesting, Ireland becoming an outlier which may cause the markets ( lenders) to view us differently.

Other EU states will be imposing severe restrictions in the weeks ahead out of necessity given the current trend in figures. I suspect we won't be viewed all that differently down the line, other than having acted earlier to safeguard the health system and wider economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Gruffalux wrote: »
    How about this Christmas - don't buy so much stuff!! Radical idea, I know. When my kids were small the other kids they knew used to get so much expensive stuff for Christmas it was actually obscene. I used to get a designated amount of presents that I could afford and nothing too expensive and then we would have a good time going for walks and having bonfires and watching movies and eating too much. As I come from a huge family and so does himself we decided decades ago to not buy each other presents. Guess what - no-one's freaking head has ever fallen off. And everyone still loves each other.

This Christmas more than ever I'm going to spoil my kids after the miserable year they put up with. No Patrick's day, no Easter egg hunts. No birthday party's, no Halloween.
    These might sound silly but these are kids

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

maebee wrote: »

They’re outside as well, ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,255 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Will it be used this time for elective procedures rather than sitting idle.

Electives it appears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭Jizique

Will they actually ****ing use them this time?

Will they pay another €27m to Tetrarch for CityWest?

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    Some people do when they are out.

Agree. They are shopping and find it easier for when they are in the shops. I wear mine if going from one shop to the next.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement