Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Russman

This is all very simple,

Ask yourself how many people do you mind dying so you can pay your bills ? And then, how many people do you mind losing their jobs so you can stay safe ?
    Then find the mid point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

domrush wrote: »
    GDP is not an accurate measure of the real world Irish economy due to the large amount of MNCs funnelling profits through Ireland.

Our GNP figures also fare favorably compared to other EU member States. As you know, GNP removes the profits of MNC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Ger Roe wrote: »

When we get past Covid, we need to add that to the list of things to do better.

The call will be for those who have amassed savings to do their patriotic duty and spend away to revive the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Everyone be ready for Cyber Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, La Liga, Ligue 1/2, Seria A/B/C, Bundesliga/Bundesliga 2/3. Liga, Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2, Vanarama National League, Vanarama Championship, Portuguese Soccer League, all soccer internationals. Just to name a few.

And all using the same rapid testing that the GAA is using for intercounty.
    Where's the difference?

Gaa players are only tested if they is a comfirmed case in the camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

niallo27 wrote: »
    Nobody is saying uncontrolled spread or do you regard level 3 restrictions as uncontrolled spread. Our economy is being proped up by multi nationals which is great for revenue but not great for the half a million who will be out of work

The leprechaun economics inflate our GDP.

The domestic economy was one of the worst hit in Europe according to the ESRI report

They're not testing them. Intercounty GAA players are being tested :rolleyes:

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/1009/1170601-rapid-covid-19-testing-for-gaa-players-to-be-rolled-out/

You said other European countries were having sporting events without issue, the link I posted shows that isn't exactly the case, unless of course you are saying that they aren't having issues simply because they are not testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

The GAA shouldn't need to be given instructions. They would be far more respected if they just halt everything once the rules are out tomorrow. We are all making sacrifices. Feck them.

It's insulting tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I think having a gaa championship this winter would be great for a lot of people if we were in lockdown. I know a lot of younger people got a bit boost when the Premier league came back, it was something to look forward, something to get you through the week. I know a lot of people will find this crazy and laugh at it but sport can be a great escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Spiderman0081

Russman wrote: »
    This is all very simple,

Ask yourself how many people do you mind dying so you can pay your bills ? And then, how many people do you mind losing their jobs so you can stay safe ?
    Then find the mid point.
    Would Sweden be that mid point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Whatever restrictions are put in place tomorrow won’t be worth fcuk all unless it’s properly enforced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

Gael23 wrote: »
    I’m travelling 200km next weekend

I'm walking 500 miles and then I'll walk 500 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

I think having a gaa championship this winter would be great for a lot of people if we were in lockdown. I know a lot of younger people got a bit boost when the Premier league came back, it was something to look forward, something to get you through the week. I know a lot of people will find this crazy and laugh at it but sport can be a great escape.
    I say a drop in cases will be a bigger boost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

There economy is doing worse than there neighbours:

Sweden's GDP slumped 8.6% in Q2, more sharply than its neighbors despite its no-lockdown policy

So, the answer would be a No......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

https://twitter.com/Trishee14/status/1317459982942638080?s=20

this is why where we are, going to level 5 will do nothing.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭Jizique

Ger Roe wrote: »
    This is it in a nutshell. If the people I might be relying on to save my life, are saying that we are in trouble, I will certainly be pushing their case. For anyone who didn't hear, they said that urgent action is required now.

Medics are always looking for more money, more resources - the black hole of Calcutta.
    That Father Sean Healy should become their representative, he is usually the one with the hand out constantly.

shocksy wrote: »
    3 new deaths
    1283 new cases

274 in hospital and 33 of them in ICU

Age of deaths? Underlying issues?
    No answers again.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Russman

I’ve no idea. My mid point might be different to yours, yours might be different to the next persons.

wes wrote: »
    There economy is doing worse than there neighbours:

Sweden's GDP slumped 8.6% in Q2, more sharply than its neighbors despite its no-lockdown policy

So, the answer would be a No......
    Wow, you can tell the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Jizique wrote: »
    Medics are always looking for more money, more resources - the black hole of Calcutta.
    That Father Sean Healy should become their representative, he is usually the one with the hand out constantly.

Actual practicing medics probably are alright, because the black hole money and resources usually don't filter down to their front line. That's the aspect that needs to be looked at and changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Wow, you can tell the future.

The article is reporting on what has already happened and not the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Agreed... I’ve just enjoyed this weekend watching the Dubs firstly.

And I’ve just finished watching Spurs vs West Ham which will go down as one of the games of the season. A brilliant watch. Spurs 3-0 up after 15 minutes. Still 3-0 up with 8 minutes to go but West Ham rallied and got a point with a candidate for goal of the season...

Great to be able to flick on the tv, enjoying live competition sports again.

If everybody behaves we get to keep doing that through the winter.

We don’t ? Gonna be a long cold winter ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

No answers again.....

All under 20 years of age

wes wrote: »
    The article is reporting on what has already happened and not the future.
    Exactly. There is a long, long way to go and comparing countries only to there closest neighbors with regards to gdp is quite simply ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,528 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Strumms wrote: »
    Agreed... I’ve just enjoyed this weekend watching the Dubs firstly.

And I’ve just finished watching Spurs vs West Ham which will go down as one of the games of the season. A brilliant watch. Spurs 3-0 up after 15 minutes. Still 3-0 up with 8 minutes to go but West Ham rallied and got a point with a candidate for goal of the season...

Great to be able to flick on the tv, enjoying live competition sports again.

If everybody behaves we get to keep doing that through the winter.

We don’t ? Gonna be a long cold winter ahead.

Yep agreed. Well minus the Dubs bit :P

The carry on after GAA club finals was a disgrace mind so hopefully people learned not to repeat it. Thats the danger to the GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

No answers again.....

Underlying issues does not make their deaths ok. My daughter was in hospital & has underlying issues! She was 12 & it took her 3 weeks to get better.

I cringe when I see people asking if these unfortunate people had other health issues. Their lives are just as valuable as those without underlying issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

With all the money spent on Private Hospitals, Renting the city West and the PUP payments we could have built a new hospital full of ICU beds for Covid patients ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Ive just learned from a reliable soucre, that the Government are coordinating with Met Eireann to implement the new restrictions in line with the crappiest weather we will have this week.

So possibly tomorrow or early tuesday.

All under 20 years of age

Finally, was wondering when the data would give us something to worry about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,221 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Trishee14/status/1317459982942638080?s=20

this is why where we are, going to level 5 will do nothing.......

Where is the Gardai, bring in the army, we need strict enforcement and punishments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement