Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

US2 wrote: »
    With all the money spent on Private Hospitals, Renting the city West and the PUP payments we could have built a new hospital full of ICU beds for Covid patients ?

In Ireland?

goodfellas-laugh-Henry-Hill.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

"Underlying issues does not make their deaths ok. My daughter was in hospital & has underlying issues! She was 12 & it took her 3 weeks to get better.
    I cringe when I see people asking if these unfortunate people had other health issues. Their lives are just as valuable as those without underlying issues" (Knine)

Agreed. Lots of people have underlying issues. That doesn't mean that they are already at death's door. People with underlying issues are managing them every day in their otherwise normal lives. They are all around you and you don't need to know anything about it.

Why should they be dismissed as an acceptable casualty of Covid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Jizique wrote: »
    Medics are always looking for more money, more resources - the black hole of Calcutta.
    That Father Sean Healy should become their representative, he is usually the one with the hand out constantly.

Ah will you ever stop with this sh1te. Not everything is a conspiracy ffs. Maybe they are just honestly very concerned have you ever thought that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,255 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is the Gardai, bring in the army, we need strict enforcement and punishments

For what??

No law bring broken there for the Gardai to action. Not sure what you want them to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

pjohnson wrote: »
    Yep agreed. Well minus the Dubs bit :P

The carry on after GAA club finals was a disgrace mind so hopefully people learned not to repeat it. Thats the danger to the GAA

TBF, before the All-Irelands would be held in December, you'd only have six items of silverware to be handed out, and of those, you're unlikely to see wild celebrations over the Munster, Leinster or Connacht football championships, so Ulster, Munster hurling and Leinster hurling would be the main dangers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,528 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ger Roe wrote: »
    Agreed. Lots of people have underlying issues. That doesn't mean that they are already at death's door. People with underlying issues are managing them every day in their otherwise normal lives. They are all around you and you don't need to know anything about it.

People have been dismissing them for months in order to get the restrictions relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Ive just learned from a reliable soucre, that the Government are coordinating with Met Eireann to implement the new restrictions in line with the crappiest weather we will have this week.

So possibly tomorrow or early tuesday.

Perfect timing. :p Might make the pups behave for a bit. But Mondays are like that.

Without a buy in from everyone this ain't going to work much. Very downhearted now since the further restrictions will generally only affect those who observed for the social good all along. Not the pups who didn't and will not ever either.

I don't know where we go from here. Curfew? More Garda powers for enforcement? Although the head of the Gardai is not in favour of that either.

I dunno. It's a waste of time if the source of the uptick is not identified, or maybe sources should I say, and lock THEM down!

Trying to be upbeat, but it isn't easy is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

It will be a case of:

“The beatings will stop when morale improves”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

TBF, before the All-Irelands would be held in December, you'd only have six items of silverware to be handed out, and of those, you're unlikely to see wild celebrations over the Munster, Leinster or Connacht football championships, so Ulster, Munster hurling and Leinster hurling would be the main dangers.

Level 10 when Mayo win it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,528 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Level 10 when Mayo win it

If Mayo make the final its guaranteed the final will be cancelled :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Where is the Gardai, bring in the army, we need strict enforcement and punishments

Is this for real? And Pearse Street Garda station one side of Grafton Street, and Kevin Street on the other. In this case, a squad car showing up would’ve been enough to disperse the crowd. Fair enough, they can’t enter homes to break up parties or gatherings, but they can put a stop to the likes of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

While the legislation isn't there Dublin City Council could enact a bye-law to ban drinking on the street (I spent my entire teens twenties and thirties thinking it was already against the law) and ban busking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

For what??

No law bring broken there for the Gardai to action. Not sure what you want them to do.

Would it not be classed as a gathering?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Knine wrote: »
    Underlying issues does not make their deaths ok. My daughter was in hospital & has underlying issues! She was 12 & it took her 3 weeks to get better.

I cringe when I see people asking if these unfortunate people had other health issues. Their lives are just as valuable as those without underlying issues

100%.

I’m fûcking hate when bad numbers are announced the ‘underlying conditions’ brigade are seconds away... lots of people have underlying conditions, but don’t deserve to die and won’t if we protect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,255 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Would it not be classed as a gathering?

Can't do anything about them, only organised gatherings.

Random people on a street doesn't fall under penal provisions.

At best theres public order but no breach of public order in that video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

'bring in the army' ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

'bring in the army' ffs.

I for one think the navy should be patrolling the local river banks

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

'bring in the army' ffs.

And what do you advise? Just leave them at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Our GNP figures also fare favorably compared to other EU member States. As you know, GNP removes the profits of MNC's.

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

She has a point. Some FG politicians act like they're in opposition with this new government. https://twitter.com/RoisinShortall/status/1317884536101982209?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Ive just learned from a reliable soucre, that the Government are coordinating with Met Eireann to implement the new restrictions in line with the crappiest weather we will have this week.

So possibly tomorrow or early tuesday.

Don't be trying to jinx things, the last thing we want is a repetition of the two bad winters we had ten and eleven years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Eod100 wrote: »
    She has a point. Some FG politicians act like they're in opposition with this new government. https://twitter.com/RoisinShortall/status/1317884536101982209?s=19

Sorry, am I missing something here??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

The cost of two months of lockdown In PUP payments alone is a new high tech public hospital.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

'bring in the army' ffs.

The army could be called into assist the civil authority in operating checkpoints and similar to free up ags to enforce measures (should the government bring in laws against actions seen in these videos).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Polar101

Met Eireann to implement the new restrictions in line with the crappiest weather we will have this week.

I'm blaming Tony Holohan and the entire NPHET for any bad weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1317750590156525568?s=20

Brilliant parody from this fake Fine Gael account

...wait what? It's real?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭spookwoman

18-10-2020-p1.jpg
    18-10-2020-p2.jpg
    18-10-2020-p3.jpg
    18-10-2020-p4.jpg
    18-10-2020-p5.jpg
    18-10-2020-p6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The cost of two months of lockdown In PUP payments alone is a new high tech public hospital.

We’ll have a vaccine a lot faster than you’ll plan, tender, ready a site, build, and equip a hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 86,221 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

While the legislation isn't there Dublin City Council could enact a bye-law to ban drinking on the street (I spent my entire teens twenties and thirties thinking it was already against the law) and ban busking

I thought 15 for outdoor dining was the max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ger Roe wrote: »
    "Underlying issues does not make their deaths ok. My daughter was in hospital & has underlying issues! She was 12 & it took her 3 weeks to get better.
    I cringe when I see people asking if these unfortunate people had other health issues. Their lives are just as valuable as those without underlying issues" (Knine)

Wouldn't it be good to know if they had underlying issues so people with similar underlying conditions would know they are of a higher risk and take extra precautions. Nobody said their deaths were ok, but its important to know who is more at risk and what age groups are more at risk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement