Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

46 Long wrote: »
    There's been a nasty re-emergence of the vindictive curtain-twitchers since this whole thing started. Anyone who makes a mistake or a lapse in judgement is now 'dirt' and we jump straight to thinking about legal action to punish the slightest transgression.

Nothing vindictive about how the locals feel about how he acted, he didn't make a mistake or have a lapse in judgement, he acted the c*nt. You would want to be living with your head in the sand not to know that if you have to have a covid test you have to isolate. If you don't you're just being a c*nt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

Don't know if I should laugh or cry at this https://youtu.be/CYmn76Y50Us

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Heard yesterday that the owner of the pub is looking to see if there is anyway legally that they can go after him for loss of earnings.

I wonder are we going to see lots of lawsuits arising out of these sorts of situations in the coming months and years. I'm not sure what level of proof would be required that someone caught the disease off the individual in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

JP100 wrote: »
    School in Ashbourne being closed from tomorrow because of a number of positive cases across the school.

Makes no sense this, I have been reliably informed its not in the schools. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Fungi knew the army was being mobilised and got the fuck out of here

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭FrogmanBegins

So let's just not help them??

No I mean they probably don't see it with the urgency that we in the west do but go ahead and put what I'm saying in the worst possible light.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

There's been a nasty re-emergence of the vindictive curtain-twitchers since this whole thing started. Anyone who makes a mistake or a lapse in judgement is now 'dirt' and we jump straight to thinking about legal action to punish the slightest transgression.

Quite. The modern equivalent of witch burnings really. You can see parallels right through history of how various lynch mobs got going. Up to and including the Nazis. On a tribal level much human thinking hasn’t moved on at all very much- the basic instincts are all there still- seeking blame and retribution

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭FrogmanBegins

Fungi knew the army was being mobilised and got the fuck out of here

Fungi's gathering a dolphin army like in the Simpsons to conquer us while we're at our weakest.

Fungi's gathering a dolphin army like in the Simpsons to conquer us while we're at our weakest.

Fungi would be as useful in “fighting” an endemic respiratory virus really

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

JP100 wrote: »
    School in Ashbourne being closed from tomorrow because of a number of positive cases across the school.

Even more damning is that the school have been forced to post on social media at short notice because there has been no contact from HSE with guidance after positive cases on Friday.

Should come as no surprise I suppose, certain departments of the HSE only working 9 to 5 Monday to Friday. Not exactly helpful in the midst of a pandemic that doesn't recognise office hours!

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement

I wonder are we going to see lots of lawsuits arising out of these sorts of situations in the coming months and years. I'm not sure what level of proof would be required that someone caught the disease off the individual in question.

Good luck trying to proof it definitively

Rrrrrr2 wrote: »
    Quite. The modern equivalent of witch burnings really. You can see parallels right through history of how various lynch mobs got going. Up to and including the Nazis. On a tribal level much human thinking hasn’t moved on at all very much- the basic instincts are all there still- seeking blame and retribution

My arse, this isn't like someone passed on covid unknowingly.
    They were sent for a test because they had symptoms and decided to ignore the guidelines and put other people in harms way and out of a job.
    If they infected you by doing so would you be OK it, because I wouldn't and don't think anyone else being honest would be.

Yes NPHET and the government have lost the attention of a large section of the public.

My wider social circle through playing football, on WhatsApp groups, family, friends and work colleagues are all of the same opinion over the last few days -

I couldn’t give a rats arse what level comes out tomorrow, if it’s level 8. I’ll be getting on with my life and working remotely, if I can’t go to the gym I’ll exercise at home.

But at weekends I’ll be driving out of the county to see the in-laws, or you can damn well be sure I’ll be going over the border to visit my own family and get out of the urban jungle to do the head a bit of good. Not mixing with a lot of people, just getting on with life, wearing our masks and washing our hands in all settings we are asked to. No issue with that.
    If I’m turned away by the Garda, I’ll be going another way.

This isn’t in any way an act of defiance, it’s just a true reflection Of the thoughts of a lot people at the moment, I don’t think these experts realize that. I saw one earlier Anthony steynes or whatever his name is, saying he “believes people don’t mind doing another 8-10 week lockdown if they’re given clear messages” I almost spat out my tea.
    Completely out of touch.

That’s just the reality of it, I won’t be held back for any Mary or John. And we have elderly at risk members on both me and my partners side.

If some people want to go and raid the supermarkets again now tomorrow evening like eejits and hibernate like a fat squirrel then be my guest, just don’t expect the rest of us to, and mind your own business when you do, worry about yourself.

I could have written this- hear hear! Good to see so many more sensible logical people about this time. Gives me great hope that this whole “strategy” is going to fall very flat on its arse rather soon.
    I mildly bought into last time but there’s -zero buy in this time.
    I also let my fitness regime suffer too by getting sucked into the whole lazy narrative but will be going full on home workouts if I have to too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Good luck trying to proof it definitively

Is the 'balance of probabilities' not the standard of proof required in civil cases?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Yes NPHET and the government have lost the attention of a large section of the public.

My wider social circle through playing football, on WhatsApp groups, family, friends and work colleagues are all of the same opinion over the last few days -

I couldn’t give a rats arse what level comes out tomorrow, if it’s level 8. I’ll be getting on with my life and working remotely, if I can’t go to the gym I’ll exercise at home.

But at weekends I’ll be driving out of the county to see the in-laws, or you can damn well be sure I’ll be going over the border to visit my own family and get out of the urban jungle to do the head a bit of good. Not mixing with a lot of people, just getting on with life, wearing our masks and washing our hands in all settings we are asked to. No issue with that.
    If I’m turned away by the Garda, I’ll be going another way.

This isn’t in any way an act of defiance, it’s just a true reflection Of the thoughts of a lot people at the moment, I don’t think these experts realize that. I saw one earlier Anthony steynes or whatever his name is, saying he “believes people don’t mind doing another 8-10 week lockdown if they’re given clear messages” I almost spat out my tea.
    Completely out of touch.

That’s just the reality of it, I won’t be held back for any Mary or John. And we have elderly at risk members on both me and my partners side.

If some people want to go and raid the supermarkets again now tomorrow evening like eejits and hibernate like a fat squirrel then be my guest, just don’t expect the rest of us to, and mind your own business when you do, worry about yourself.

I’ve switched off completely from listening to anymore bull**** from nphet or dr.cervical check houlihan.we had a family wedding last week and I didn’t think once about the thing all day and since then turned off rte and the rest of the lectures from the rest of the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Pretty shocking - Ethnic minorities make up just 27% of the US population but almost 50% of COVID deaths in the US have been ethnic minorities

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6942e1.htm?s_cid=mm6942e1_w

It is far from shocking. This pandemic is all about the exposed poor and shielded wealthy. It is a class based event as always. Poor get shafted, rich get richer.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ignacius

That is quite a serious lapse of judgement. The publican would not only be looking at his loss of earning but perhaps reckless endangerment. But as was said he won’t get anywhere.
    Not sure if I agree that this equates to “curtain twitching”. The lad was stupid and he deserves his reputation to be affected by this.
    He would have to be living under a rock at this stage to not know he should be isolating, FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

I could have written this- hear hear! Good to see so many more sensible logical people about this time. Gives me great hope that this whole “strategy” is going to fall very flat on its arse rather soon.
    I mildly bought into last time but there’s -zero buy in this time.
    I also let my fitness regime suffer too by getting sucked into the whole lazy narrative but will be going full on home workouts if I have to too
    Disgusting post. The strategy falling flat means a collapsed health service and people with all sorts of curable or manageable conditions dying prematurely.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    My arse, this isn't like someone passed on covid unknowingly.
    They were sent for a test because they had symptoms and decided to ignore the guidelines and put other people in harms way and out of a job.
    If they infected you by doing so would you be OK it, because I wouldn't and don't think anyone else being honest would be.

Yes we get it. I think we all heard you the first time and we can imagine you with your big pitchfork running around the place.
    If I was “infected” with a respiratory virus then I’d accept that as part and parcel of living on planet earth and know that I don’t inhabit some sterile biome.
    I’ve often had various illnesses/viral infections- I didn’t go around like a crazed lunatic looking for where I might of picked it up and off whom. I recovered and got on with life. I suggest you and the rest of your Lynch mob best do the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Ignacius

You know you are winning an argument when you start bandying about the Nazis. Especially about a lad acting like a d!ck when he had covid.

• Advertisement

Disgusting post. The strategy falling flat means a collapsed health service and people with all sorts of curable or manageable conditions dying prematurely.

Yes we get it, you are brain washed. It doesn’t mean the rest of us have to join in and indulge your delusions.

Goldengirl wrote: »
    Haha, you think average young people owned their own homes in the 90s :)
    We didn't , and mortgages in the 90s were flying up from 13.5% to16% at one stage.
    You can't blame a whole generation for a whole load of bankers, government and stockbrokers issues that were beyond their control .
    No one had it easy , you can relax !

Can you not understand the actual facts presented?

Stick to health because you seem clueless on macro economics.

Is the 'balance of probabilities' not the standard of proof required in civil cases?

I’m not a legal person but good luck trying to prove that- there’s any number of daily human and touch interactions that can cause a transmissions. Could be any number of paths really

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rrrrrr2 wrote:
    Yes we get it, you are brain washed. It doesn’t mean the rest of us have to join in and indulge your delusions.
    He's not brainwashed, he's talking perfect sense.

You in the other hand are coming across as a member of the unread, uneducated who think they are intelligent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Goldengirl wrote: »
    So one positive from all of this ;)

I've had more than one to be honest but yes he did really well considering he was basically computer illiterate beforehand :)

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Makes no sense this, I have been reliably informed its not in the schools. :confused:

Hilarious. Well done. You obviously don't have a clue or you wouldn't post such nonsense.

Ignacius wrote: »
    You know you are winning an argument when you start bandying about the Nazis. Especially about a lad acting like a d!ck when he had covid.

Yes I know I’m winning the argument thanks. Covid Lynch mobs have an uncanny similar pattern and set of mob like behaviour- none of which you debunked I note

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

There must be an appetite among people in safe jobs to pay a Covid 5% tax in order to give more to those made unemployed.

I'd be happy to (and expected to and was surprised when they didn't try to bring it in) but I'd hate to see it thrown at the HSE so middle management deadwood could soak it up. It would be better if it went direct to the PUP.

Yes we get it. I think we all heard you the first time and we can imagine you with your big pitchfork running around the place.
    If I was “infected” with a respiratory virus then I’d accept that as part and parcel of living on planet earth and know that I don’t inhabit some sterile biome.
    I’ve often had various illnesses/viral infections- I didn’t go around like a crazed lunatic looking for where I might of picked it up and off whom. I recovered and got on with life. I suggest you and the rest of your Lynch mob best do the same thing

I'm not talking about picking up a cold, flu or even covid from someone who doesn't know that they have it, I worked in the medical IT field long enough to know that can happen.

I'm talking about someone deliberately giving it to you because they can't be arsed to do the right thing.

The rest of your post is to predictable to respond to, but can guess any other response will be as predictable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,055 ✭✭✭joeguevara

All sorts of events were cancelled but you could still go for pints with your friends, shake hands with people, get the shift, etc. It's not all that comparable IMO.

Unless you had a hoof it didn’t effect you. Hardly going to stop you shaking hands. But all imports and exports of animals was literally introduced overnight. All Ireland’s and 6 nations cancelled immediately. Saint Patrick’s day parades kaput. Bone fires of people’s entire herds which they had bred for generations lit up the night sky’s. Army snipers literally in the countryside blitzing wild deer like an arcade game.

If you think that if we had Covid in 2001, we wouldn’t have locked down, it’s an unfounded statement. But people weren’t moaning that it’s effecting their rugrats not seeing a marching band in the parade or no marches from countless farmers being ordered to burn everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement