Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Monaghan and Kerry will mark the return of the Allianz National Football League when they meet in Division 1 on Saturday at 2pm in Pairc Gratten Inniskeen

Should be good parties afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Is there any info on how many of the cases in hospital were infected with Covid while in hospital as opposed to being admitted because they had Covid.
    This would present a completely different picture on the hospital statistics!

I know that of the 20 in the CUH right now about 17 have tested positive as inpatients due to a ward outbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Well the next press conference we should have more details from professor Nolan about cases in schools.
    As pointed out numerous times the % incident rate in 0-14 year olds hasn't increased in relation to other age groups that would show a significant spread.

Another simple option is seeing how many cases have occured in households with school going children and how many occured in households without school going children. If the % is split equally, it should be pretty definitive.

I honestly don't get why people think the government are somehow hiding or manipulating numbers to prove schools are not a major issue, it is borderline conspiracy theory stuff.... What is the pay off?

It is amazing that governments across Europe are also in on this manipulation... Since they are choosing to close pubs, restaurants etc... Ahead of schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

I thought donegal was doing a bit better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

mloc123 wrote: »
    I honestly don't get why people think the government are somehow hiding or manipulating numbers to prove schools are not a major issue, it is borderline conspiracy theory stuff.... What is the pay off?

It is amazing that governments across Europe are also in on this manipulation... Since they are choosing to close pubs, restaurants etc... Ahead of schools.

As with most conspiracy theories. If it takes a large number of people to keep the plot under wraps then it's a conspiracy theory and the stuff of fiction. People, are in general, terrible at keeping secrets.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,253 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

5 deaths, 1095 cases

5-day case average is now 872, (754.2 yesterday, 479.4 7 days ago, 351.4 14 days ago)

232 confirmed cases in hospitals (-8 on yesterday), 30 confirmed cases in ICU (-1)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I thought donegal was doing a bit better?

Its beside Derry which has one of if not the highest number of cases per 100k in the world.

Literally across the road

246 in Dublin
    185 in Meath
    128 in Cavan
    118 in Cork
    63 in Kildare
    Remaining 342 cases across all remaining counties

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Yeah saw that. Bit surprised tbh.

"A majority of people believe that the Government should introduce further restrictions to control the spread of Covid-19 according to the latest Public Opinion Tracking Research conducted on behalf of the Department of Health by Amárach Research.

According to the tracker poll, which was conducted on Monday this week, 61% of adults think the Government should do more.'

Massive number in Cavan for a population of that size

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Meath... Wow

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

246 in Dublin
    185 in Meath
    128 in Cavan
    118 in Cork
    63 in Kildare
    Remaining 342 cases across all remaining counties

What are the populations of Meath and Cavan?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Meath now seeing the effect of the GAA celebrations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

If schools are the only places where there is mass congregation I'll take some convincing that they don't contribute hugely to the transmission of this and any disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Definitely not the schools. Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

frank8211 wrote: »
    Should be good parties afterwards

Somebody needs to put a stop to this madness with the GAA. A team full of amateurs all with their own day jobs and responsibilities being loaded onto busses to play utterly meaningless games.

Who do the GAA think they are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

L3 just not working in the capital. Tough decision ahead. If they just go to L4 or L5 without closing the schools it's completely pointless though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Massive number in Cavan for a population of that size

That's the backlog all through now. 30 tomorrow . They've deliberately kept them back for the shock value to justify level 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,317 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Yeah saw that. Bit surprised tbh.

"A majority of people believe that the Government should introduce further restrictions to control the spread of Covid-19 according to the latest Public Opinion Tracking Research conducted on behalf of the Department of Health by Amárach Research.

According to the tracker poll, which was conducted on Monday this week, 61% of adults think the Government should do more.'

load of waffle that will feed the doom merchants

Mental Health caused by restrictions is a concern and should be looked at more seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 15,253 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Definitely not the schools. Definitely.

Have you data to back that up?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I don't think there is a massive cover up or anything and I personally want the schools to remain open. But I can't reconcile the fact that infections have surged since the kids went back to school with officials saying it has nothing to do with schools.

It doesn't make sense to me and I get the sense that the system is set up to minimise the number of cases being reported from schools. I'm not too well versed in it but I've seen things like people who cannot be reasonably deemed anything other than close contacts of known cases not being classed as close contacts. I've seen a post claiming that schools have asked parents to sign a form promising not to discuss any cases with the media and stuff like that.

The government strongly want to keep schools open. For good reason. So if they set the system up to minimise the number of cases reported from schools, it helps them to do that.

The correlation between increased cases and kids in school is too strong for it to be dismissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Huge numbers in Meath.....dare I say a knock on from that spell wet pubs were open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Stheno wrote: »
    What are the populations of Meath and Cavan?

Don't be so lazy. Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Huge numbers in Meath.....dare I say a knock on from that spell wet pubs were open?

GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dublin going the wrong way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Gael23 wrote: »
    Meath now seeing the effect of the GAA celebrations

And maybe it's proximity to Dublin like border counties with NI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

L3 just not working in the capital. Tough decision ahead. If they just go to L4 or L5 without closing the schools it's completely pointless though.

I think whilst Dublin number is not great, it is not the major concern at the moment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement