Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,579 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Strumms wrote: »
    Bill Gates is a businessman. He precisely the LAST fûcker to be listening to re: covid. Doctors, epidemiologists... certainly, Bill Gates ? NO... he isn’t an economic guru, he is a businessman , interested in making large sums of money quickly for HIS businesses. Covid isn’t compatible with his “ here, we just need to get on with it” schtick....

Guy faces down no danger from covid... he can literally hole up in one of his mansions for the duration, multiple cars, tennis courts, bowling alley, swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi. All high tech lines of communication to stay contacted and contactable and oversee the running of things... he WONT be facing any risk, his employees will be, for sure, he wants them to be, for sure.... he wants all the rest of us to be... because it adds more money to his pockets, feeds his empire... he can go fûck himself, guy is a billionaire but wants more....
    Jesus your opinion on everything is utterly hysterical

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

how will Ireland's economy survive the double whammy of the Covid19 pandemic, and the soon-to-come No Deal Brexit? In the last week or so I am more and more tempted to sell up and move the family out of here.

Where would you go?

Edit. Didnt see fairies post

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

Does anyone know what way the NCT centres will work under these new restrictions?

I have been booked in for appointment past two months due to come up at end of this month, NCT expired in April.

Will it be closed again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

owlbethere wrote: »
    This hit me over the weekend. We are going to be fairly fcuked for many years to come.

Only at the weekend?

Better late than never I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

ronin88 wrote: »
    Level 4 yes, level 5 no.

The GAA and IRFU will stand to lose a considerable amount if they don’t go ahead. Both would have a lot of influence over government so I’d expect even if we hit a harsh Level 5, both will be allowed to continue.

If they are let go ahead it’s paddywhachery and gombeenism of the highest order.
    Across the board or nothing.
    Half baked fcukin plans and a little poem thrown in to appease the masses.
    They want to get it right this time now or fcukin forget about it

• Advertisement

Yup phase 3 due middle of November

Might be a little earlier for efficacy data, it's mid November for the 2 months of safety data which they need for FDA approval. You never know, but fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,251 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Might be a little earlier for efficacy data, it's mid November for the 2 months of safety data which they need for FDA approval. You never know, but fingers crossed.

Sorry yes November is the safety data. Efficacy data should be on going.

Your fully right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

speckle wrote: »
    I am sorry, Dazzler that cannot go unchallenged. As it is scaremongery at its best with no data to back it up.

Are you saying that these people in Ireland infection, have had the rna of each infection analysised and loaded on to phylogentic tree of covid. And this information has been scientifically been announced.

If not that is one the biggest cover ups in Irish state history and I and many others will instantly lose respect for our scientific community/HSEZ/NEPHET/gov.

You say many re infections in Ireland and a handful in the world.... Dont you think the rest of the world would want to know too. And its potentisl implicatiobs for treatments and even potentially choiced regarding vaccines.
    Seems Ireland is an outlier in the reinfection rates, or he could be just making up stuff. I know which I'm going with.

Essentially retail open 4 weeks before Christmas (as most expected)
    https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1318163802693591040?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Hmmm that's not a good sign

There's zero evidence for this claim. There are false positives occurring where testing is repeated regularly but no evidence of reinfection. If that poster has evidence let him show it, otherwise it is nothing more than hearsay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

That’s am.. optimistic

bennyl10 wrote: »
    That’s am.. optimistic

Optimistic or not your nearly guaranteed retail gets 4 weeks before Christmas. They won't keep them closed in the run up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

And level 0 by Xmas eve!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭mcburns07

bennyl10 wrote: »
    That’s am.. optimistic

This is it really isn't it? I'm not optimistic at all that 4 weeks will see cases reduced to where they want them to be to go back to level 3. Interesting and terrifying times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Let’s all hope.

What are they basing that upon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Let’s all hope.

What are they basing that upon?

More finger in the air stuff, if I were a retailer I wouldn't be expecting to reopen until second week of December.

mcburns07 wrote: »
    This is it really isn't it? I'm not optimistic at all that 4 weeks will see cases reduced to where they want them to be to go back to level 3. Interesting and terrifying times ahead.

They'll want retail open first week in December regardless. Generates too much money to leave closed in the run up to Christmas

So everyone pile back into non essential retail a few weeks before Christmas. Lockdown Mark 3 guarantee for the New Year. Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Pfizer plan on 100m doses by end of year and 100m extra every month after that. The EU have pre-purchase agreements in place that activate as soon as approval is made. Distribution starts within 24 hours.
    I recommend watching this YouTube video which discusses how firms like DHL, UPS and FedEx have supply chains already in place (including cold storage) and ready to go.

Great info - thanks ACE. really impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 18,042 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wont matter, they will open them up anyway. Retail will be finished if it can't open for Xmas trade.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

More finger in the air stuff, if I were a retailer I wouldn't be expecting to reopen until second week of December.

Why? There'll need to be clear dates set on this. Much like the Welsh announcement, clear and concise with a definitive end date.

The only way to get public buy in

So everyone pile back into non essential retail a few weeks before Christmas. Lockdown Mark 3 guarantee for the New Year. Idiots.

Which is why I dont think retail should be closed. Just creates pent up demand

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What exactly are you terrified of, is it the thought of so many out of work. End of November is nearly 6 weeks away as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

In a way, it would make more sense to do it just before Christmas. You’d imagine the cases will just sky rocket again if things open up again just prior to the festivities.

how will Ireland's economy survive the double whammy of the Covid19 pandemic, and the soon-to-come No Deal Brexit? In the last week or so I am more and more tempted to sell up and move the family out of here.

Economy doesn't matter apparently. Although I wonder where will the funds come from to support all the nice things people enjoy such as a health service, social welfare, pay rises in the public sector etc

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s a shame that they weren’t using Pfizer facilities here.. if my thinking is right the only approval that they would need would be from the Irish Medicines Board, or would Pfizer being a US company be needing US approval before it distributed regardless of where to hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Switzerland 8700 positive cases today with 16% positivity rate.

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    In a way, it would make more sense to do it just before Christmas. You’d imagine the cases will just sky rocket again if things open up again just prior to the festivities.

So causing huge crowds in shops and shopping centres during a pandemic makes sense? Ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

They'll want retail open first week in December regardless. Generates too much money to leave closed in the run up to Christmas

There's already been a run on Smiths toystores and some other retail due to the panic that the NPHET and Government leaks caused, i'm sure some people even have the Xmas Turkey&Ham in the deep freezer at home!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement