Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭jv2000

mohawk wrote: »
    Approval is needed by each market the drug is being distributed to. In this case EMA will approve the drug we in Ireland get.
    FDA approval needed to sell to USA.
    I think it makes sense not to spread manufacturing around too much for now. The manufacturing site also needs approval. They have to prove the process used to manufacture is safe and robust as well makes makes consistent, safe, quality product. The more manufacturing sites you bring in the more likely to run into problems. Once they get approval they will also know more about the manufacturing process and can then start making the vaccine in more sites as they will have some of the kinks resolved by then. The strategy of moving manufacturing of their other products to Ireland makes sense to me.

In fact the EMA have already started the rolling review of the Pfizer vaccine:
    https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/ema-starts-second-rolling-review-covid-19-vaccine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Strumms wrote: »
    On the other hand, if the health service comes crashing to a halt, because there are not enough well people to staff it ?

No fûcker in the public sector is seeing a pay rise for quite some time, years, private sector either.

I know several companies in the private sector who recently gave staff payrises

https://twitter.com/vincekearney/status/1318175759345778688?s=19

Positivity over 20% in the North today

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

polesheep wrote: »
    Word play. Regardless of whether any vaccine is perfect or no, corners will have been cut to get it out so quickly. HCWs should certainly be among the first to be offered any vaccine but I have my doubts that the take up will be much more than 50% or so, especially during the first year.

The claim is that the cost is financial rather than of safety. If that were to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1318159276670701569?s=19

If this happens, and they bring in the 5km limit as rumoured, then what is the difference between level 4.5 and 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

is_that_so wrote: »
    Operation Fanacht has paused because of the rain!

Operation Fluich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

If this happens, and they bring in the 5km limit as rumoured, then what is the difference between level 4.5 and 5?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Nothing as far as I can see

And if they add restrictions on off licences its gone beyond level five

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Rugby on the weekend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Does it have to be hard and fast rule? At this point they are trying to mish-mash everything to reduce the economic impact.

Stheno wrote: »

So it's level 5 in all but name. Ah this isn't confusing at all. They definitely hired a brilliant PR company didn't they

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Except for all the exemptions.
    You cannot go to others houses...except for the houses of people you decide need you to go there.
    You cannot work ....except for if in construction, or manufacturing, or a lot of retail. Most people in other words.
    You cannot go more than 5 km...ah, no, you can.
    You cannot go to school...hahah just kidding.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I was thinking they'd leave off the 5km limit. Thought that was one of the things they'd be definitely against in the level 5 restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Surely closing off licences earlier will mean they will get busier as less time to shop? Exactly what you don't want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

slightly bigger crowd at your funeral

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Surely closing off licences earlier will mean they will get busier as less time to shop? Exactly what you don't want to do.

I don't think they are concerned at crowds at off licenses.

Not sure what the thinking is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

All this drip feed from the government before the actual announcement is ridiculous. I don't suffer from anxiety but i can imagine business owners and people who do are suffering right now with this. Real lack of leadership.

titan18 wrote: »
    I was thinking they'd leave off the 5km limit. Thought that was one of the things they'd be definitely against in the level 5 restrictions

I did too but apperantly it's one of the things they are bringing down, 5km possibly 10

• Registered Users Posts: 16,348 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any word on whether the new restrictions will kick in tomorrow morning, or are they going to give us a couple of days grace to get out hair cut?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

All this drip feed from the government before the actual announcement is ridiculous. I don't suffer from anxiety but i can imagine business owners and people who do are suffering right now with this. Real lack of leadership.

It's absolutely disgraceful.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Any word on whether the new restrictions will kick in tomorrow morning, or are they going to give us a couple of days grace to get out hair cut?:P

Kite flying on 1pm news was that it will be Wednesday or Thursday

• Advertisement

So four weeks from Wednesday would be November 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It depends which rumour you believe, but probably a few days for businesses still allowed to open, to adjust.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Saw a pretty big queue at my local barbers so I'm guessing some people reckon it'll be immediate.
    I suspect though we'll have a grace period given the reaction last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

There's been an update to the Level 4 restrictions today, though doesn't seem to be substantially different from what was there previously apart from clarification about what constitutes essential businesses. Nothing about movement restrictions apart from at county level.
    But then again it still has restaurants and pubs open for 15 outdoors (without the additional line keeping Dublin pubs closed that was in level 3) so either they'll change this again later today before they announce anything, or they've made a complete balls of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So four weeks from Wednesday would be November 18th
    You mean 18th December? You forgot to carry all those "not there yets".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

It's absolutely disgraceful.

Managing a virus like COVID19 is not easy, especially when you have gob$hites like this who think as long as I am showing no symptoms, everything is cool.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/other/man-who-failed-to-restrict-movements-after-trip-abroad-led-to-56-covid-19-infections/ar-BB1a9ZUs?ocid=msedgntp

is_that_so wrote: »
    You mean 18th December? You forgot to carry all those "not there yets".

Lol true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

I don't think they are concerned at crowds at off licenses.

Not sure what the thinking is.

Possibly trying to curb spontaneous house parties. (early closing)

Possibly trying to curb spontaneous house parties.

Theres an office near me where once you phone your order in by closing time deliver after closing

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Possibly trying to curb spontaneous house parties.

I suppose. I didn't think they would be that spontaneous but as I haven't been attending (and anyone in my social circle knows that I would not) I am unsure of the normal protocol in this day and age.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement