Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,814 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

bb1234567 wrote: »
    Can't believe how quickly it's going out of control in Europe, average about 300-350 ICU admissions every 24 hours in the EU now, about 1.5%-2% of the EU ICU capacity disappearing every 2 days

Where the feck are most cases across Europe coming from?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Yea I don't see how level 4 is fair for Donegal now. Far worse counties further south.

3rd highest county on a percapita basis over the last 14 days.

Not sure you can say far worse counties further south.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,253 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Donegal definitely showing results. Dublin might just be too big and populated to control with L3

I agree with this. I think level 3 is much more likely to work in sparse populations. You can quite clearly see a difference in Donegal compared to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

You'd be surprised how easily it has spread from those GAA parties.

One town got 48 positives from a celebration in a pub after winning a match.

Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

bennyl10 wrote: »
    So level 3 doesn’t work
    Duckin and Donegal show this

At what point do the government follow nphet?
    Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan look to be heading to Level 4, with fairly immediate effect. By the sounds of things there are a couple of towns in Meath that should go to Level 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭landofthetree

JP100 wrote: »
    But but level 3 is working!!

Level 5 wont work unless they close the schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Blondini wrote: »
    You can go to Level 174 if you want, but as long as schools are fully open with no SD, crappy ventilation and loose rules about testing and contacts it's a waste of time.
    Schools are a small spread In Ireland based on numbers

Close the schools will make no difference if people are still lumping into offices every day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

JP100 wrote: »
    But but level 3 is working!!

GAA never stopped during level 3.

Only last week it has started cutting back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Personally I'd rather see enforcement on masks and house parties than level 4 or 5 but I don't think our government or AGS have the ability to introduce and enforce penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Where the feck are most cases across Europe coming from?

Nearly every European country is seeing large numbers of cases and hospitalisations..except Sweden, Greece and Norway also still holding firm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Dublin number is not great but it is nothing to panic about, the growth rate is low.

Other counties much more concerning

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Personally I'd rather see enforcement on masks and house parties than level 4 or 5 but I don't think our government or AGS have the ability to introduce and enforce penalties.

Same here

A curfew might help with parties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

How many of them died?

Good question, of course we’ll never know.

Better question though. How many died because of their actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

Blondini wrote: »
    You can go to Level 174 if you want, but as long as schools are fully open with no SD, crappy ventilation and loose rules about testing and contacts it's a waste of time.

Please provide evidence and data in relation to your post re schools contributing to the spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,668 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's time to move to Level 10 - martial law and the installation of Dr Holohan as supreme leader...and close the off licences too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭prunudo

I've said before, it was the wrong message to be blaming house parties, implied it was just drunken get togethers that caused the spread.
    They should have been banging the drum about reducing indoor gatherings and meet ups for the last 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

How many of them died?

Completely irrelevant when their actions cause a spread in the community and restrictions imposed on the general population, which have adverse affects on the economy and household finances.

Your facetious comments sadly reflect a crass attitude to the long term affects of reckless behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Schools are a small spread In Ireland based on numbers

Close the schools will make no difference if people are still lumping into offices every day

Sure.

Put 1 million people tightly packed indoors and now we have this mess.

Coincidence of the century.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

It's time to move to Level 10 - martial law and the installation of Dr Holohan as supreme leader...and close the off licences too.

Let the off licenses open from 10am to 2pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

It’s almost as if exactly what NPHeT said would happen is happening. Shocking how a bunch of politicians with no knowledge don’t know more than the professionals.

Utterly shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

nationwide level 5 friday night i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Please provide evidence and data in relation to your post re schools contributing to the spread.

They have none... Just a disgruntled teacher :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

More mixed messaging

Don't meet people, but the guidelines are its ok to meet people from one household

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Sonny678

5 teachers in kildare school have the coronavirus. 6 teachers in Westmeath school have the coronavirus. Media again ignoring whats going on in schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

That's my view too.

Level 5 isn't going to do much when there's thousands of house parties around the country every night. Our useless Garda need to enforce the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It is curious government meeting tonight a day before NPHET and presumably their continuing advice that level 5 needed nationwide is released.

I'm not getting what if anything a 3 border County level 4 is going to achieve, Clare, Cork, Dublin have very high numbers. The border is completely porous and level anything won't stop people coming over border. Indeed the whole level system is becoming farcical, its more of a Yeah But, Yeah but plan.

I'm really getting an impression government on a solo run, implement what they niavely think is palatable & less costly , throw a 'were doing our bit press conference' and put whatever NPHET recommend off for another week. This is getting alarming, today's figures looking like the highest daily figures to date.

All ireland approach? My A@€E

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Let the off licenses open from 10am to 2pm.

Be handy alright for those of us who work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

UrbanFret wrote: »
    That's the backlog all through now. 30 tomorrow . They've deliberately kept them back for the shock value to justify level 4.

Tinfoil thinking that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,065 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Who partakes in the Amárach polls George Lee is referring to? They always seem to peddle the RTÉ or agenda of the day. However no-one I know holds the view let’s close down the shops and lockdown again...

However no one I know holds the view that this is going to improve without more restrictions... , CS.
    Depends who Amárach talk to, I suppose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement