Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

They're being tested and you aren't, though?

Not according to Louth's captain

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/1019/1172479-louth-captain-makes-startling-revelation-on-testing/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Absolutely, sure most of our deaths came from them didn't they? You can only imagine what they would have been like if we didn't lock down

Similar rate of death to Sweden in nursing homes, lockdown may not of had much effect in those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Should there be a constrain the restrictions thread?

Might as well just change the relaxation of restrictions title to tightening of restrictions at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Absolutely, sure most of our deaths came from them didn't they? You can only imagine what they would have been like if we didn't lock down

Nursing homes should have been locked down from day 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

bennyl10 wrote: »
    We can’t compare ourselves to other countries!

We need to do what is necessary here, we aren’t Germany Belgium or France

No we’re not like them. We’re a tiny fecking island with the youngest population in Europe. A natural defence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Nursing homes should have been locked down from day 1.

I agree. It's easy looking back and saying that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Hubertj wrote: »
    There needs to be accountability in NPHET, Dept of Health and HSE. Systems, processes and communication an utter failure. Badly let the country down. Same outcome no matter who is in government.

Let's not forget the people who ignore the guidance about mask wearing, social distance, limiting household visits, etc. They have let the country down with their selfish and inconsiderate behavior.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1318216341598470146

Gardaí getting powers to fine those who breach the 5km limit apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Acosta wrote: »
    Yeah this is nuts.
    Suppose I’ll have to buy 6 weeks worth of food so seen as closest shop to me is 8kms!
    And that’s a small convenience store that will fleece me for weekly shop compared to large Tesco 13km away!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,663 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Dunno what's going on in Louth, that's on the county board.
    Testing has happened.
    Wexford had a few positives.
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/1015/1171773-wexford-confirm-six-players-test-positive-for-covid-19/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No we’re not like them. We’re a tiny fecking island with the youngest population in Europe. A natural defence.

against what prey tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Absolutely hilarious that of all the things they're enforcing its the utterly pointless 5km rule

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

The HSE experiment is a failure and needs to be disbanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OldRio

They're being tested and you aren't, though?

Not according to the Louth captain. No testing done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

The only way I would feel ok re going up a level is dear government/hse/nephet if....
    Get your fecking act together and by hook or crook have 75 NEW ICU beds and staff by the end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Are we going to be back to standing outside supermarkets waiting to be let in?

That will be fun in the November Rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭zvone

Irish times usually takes a bit to update the actual article

It was on RTE ONE just now. Level 5 for 6 weeks. Of course this is still not official but I presume they have some inside informations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,663 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

OldRio wrote: »
    Not according to the Louth captain. No testing done.
    It's happening in other counties. 1 out of 32 saying it isn't happening isn't really a good sample size.
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/1015/1171773-wexford-confirm-six-players-test-positive-for-covid-19/

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Fitz* wrote: »
    Are we going to be back to standing outside supermarkets waiting to be let in?

That will be fun in the November Rain.
    Yep that's coming our way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Indo, examiner, virgin and rte all saying it now

Newstalk just had Mary Lou on talking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

It's happening across Europe. We can blame the government/HSE/NPHET all we want but we're in unprecedented times, in the midst of a pandemic. It's a **** situation and we all look for someone to shake our fist to at the end of the day because it's easier than accepting that this whole thing is out of our control.

Doesn't change the fact a second lockdown was preventable. We learnt absolutely nothing from the first lockdown. I'm not just going to accept that as grand. It's horrendous leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I wonder will they make masks mandatory even outdoors?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

snowgal wrote: »
    still thinking maybe they'll announce restrictions from Friday with schools going off for mid term or am I in dreamland??! then theyll have rest of week to see if positivity rates are falling.....

I don't see them waiting that long with whatever they decide. Some may start even tonight at midnight. Wednesday midnight at the latest

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The sheer chaos of this thread is a good indicator that the upcoming lockdown is going to be a mess. People are going to be insanely polarised between the "Why isn't everybody following the rules!" crowd and the "Fvck the rules, I can't be locked into my house all the time" crowd.

Joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    It does and it doesn't report that

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1318207539654365184

Caveat being that the proposal may not be what is announced.

Although journalists seem to be getting briefed that we are moving to Level 5 whereas earlier we were told it would be Level 4+.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1318216341598470146

Gardaí getting powers to fine those who breach the 5km limit apparently.

Where is the fun in that?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OldRio

It's happening in other counties. 1 out of 32 saying it isn't happening isn't really a good sample size.

Its one to many.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭bennyl10

a nice ol 4.75

clear and concise and all that jazz...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Downlinz

All these measures while schools remain open feels like building a fortress but leaving the front door open. It's baffling if they won't at the very least close the schools for two weeks along the mid term to kill the current circulation.

This is going to be a period of huge and futile sacrifice from the general public until government finally accept in 3 or 4 weeks time when numbers haven't dropped that schools are a huge part of the problem.
    At which point we'll be starting from scratch and facing a Christmas under lockdown.

Their blind stubbornness at insisting it doesn't spread in schools is just infuriating and incredibly stupid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement