Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Nal wrote: »
    Yep. We'll get December out of this lockdown and then we'll have another lockdown in January or February, then again in April or May.

I'm thinking there will be massive civil unrest before the end of the year and they will need to start internment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Hubertj wrote: »
    my understanding is that dentists remain open. That is based on conversations with a relative who is a dentist.

During the last lockdown they only stayed open for emergency dental work.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Stheno wrote: »
    Precisely my feeling

I was due to get the flu vaccine via my work next week but its 15kms away

Guess it is OK as a medical thing if it still goes ahead

Myself and my father were getting my flu short 2 weeks ago in a pharmacy in Limerick. We have gone there 3 or 4 years in a row and it is a great setup. So anyway we fill out the slip and he goes our check. Sees we are from Clare comes in all serious like and goes I am sorry but I can not give it as you have crossed borders. Now I am living in Limerick atm and said well I am. 2 second later he goes only joking. Was quiet funny in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Jin luk wrote: »
    So with level 5 looming, will construction be stopped?

No their not human apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Anyone know if there's lunatics jamming into supermarkets yet? Need to pick up some stuff for dinner but I'll have a bowl of Shredded Wheat if people are acting the maggot again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭tigger123

Anyone know what will be happening with driving tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

seamus wrote: »
    The sheer chaos of this thread is a good indicator that the upcoming lockdown is going to be a mess. People are going to be insanely polarised between the "Why isn't everybody following the rules!" crowd and the "Fvck the rules, I can't be locked into my house all the time" crowd.

Joy.

Boards.ie is hardly a microcosm of the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

GooglePlus wrote: »

Has about 3k users daily so it's certainly not any guage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Anyone know if there's lunatics jamming into supermarkets yet? Need to pick up some stuff for dinner but I'll have a bowl of Shredded Wheat if people are acting the maggot again.

Wife drove past Nutgrove SC about an hour ago and tailback into the main shopping centre so safe to say its mayhem

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

growleaves wrote: »
    Yes but all of those lockdowns will be "short sharp lockdowns" and so will the ones after them.

I assume this is sarcasm............ Otherwise you are seriously deluded

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My local one was ok earlier

Possibly mental now

I need spuds for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

People queuing for 40 mins in the winter to go shopping will be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

FLATTEN THE CURVE

HOLD FIRM

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Wife drove past Nutgrove SC about an hour ago and tailback into the main shopping centre so safe to say its mayhem

Hmm might be a takeaway tonight so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Extremely worrying to give Gardai these extra powers.

Maniac Gardai will love it and further demoralise the country.

Well giving the public a free hand to do the right things does not seem to be working. Any increase need to be with laws for the Gardai or it will just be as useful as a spoon in a gun fight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Stheno wrote: »
    My local one was ok earlier

Possibly mental now

I need spuds for dinner
    I can dig a few setanta for you, it'll cost you though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm thinking there will be massive civil unrest before the end of the year and they will need to start internment.

Beatings must continue until morale improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

GooglePlus wrote: »

Radio stations are similar, fairly 50/50. Most people i know are against level 5. I thinks its fair to say, this is nothing like March in terms of public buy in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Nutgrove is mayhem. Tesco is cleared out of the basics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Why would there be queues for shops?

They're operating perfectly fine at the moment, and nothing is changing for supermarkets, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Check google map store name. You can see relative busy time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭amandstu

speckle wrote: »
    So Japan looks like it may have obtained herd/community at least in Tokyo and we head into another lockdown and against WHO advice as not using it as a primary means to reduce transmidsion. I would like to remind all nephet/hse/government people.. there is no time limit on crimes against humanity.

Think very carefully about what and how and why you are doing this, because it will not be the lunatic fringe next time you will be facing in court or even the ballot box.. Treason against the Irish people and state unless you produce fully comprehensive scientic data and use this time very wisely to correct your wilfull neglect of certain issues over the past 6 months, like ICu beds and contact tracing etc.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Will they give us daily updates on contact tracing times and effectiveness, job losses, and suicides now that they're destroying the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Id like to imagine the move to level 5 is to save the health service and in doing so lives, just a little bit more important than education.

And whos to say keeping schools open as is won't just give the virus the transmission hub it needs to continue growing or stabilizing at current numbers.

I never said it wasn't to protect the health Service also, which of course is true. But level 5 will reduce the spread in both schools and society, we have to priorities each aspect as needed...

But I think you underestimate the importance of Education for Children and the effects this can have on their lives...and the effects level 4/5 restrictions have on everyone's lives and health, with is also going to cause deaths....deaths that there is no "COVID" test for, and will not appear in NEPTS reports or projections....

Also.... Is the GAA and horse racing more important than education?? Why is that still going ahead...risk all counties so 2 teams can say we won an All ireland in 2020?? (And I'm still waiting for the Deise to finally get there, but makes no odds to me this year if they done it, would not mean anything to be honest)

In General I disagree with Level4/5 anyway, I think level 3.(Whatever) is good enough, and target the obvious areas of spread...like all the towns that won a country finals for a start....:(

Are bookies another place, where rules are not been met? I seen some report f issues around these.

Warning going on off topic rant.....:o
    I can never understand why Horse racing gets some many entitlements and tax breaks in the first place, to protect the irish horse racing status. If you ever seen some of the big horse racing setups around the country and these "business" enjoy huge tax breaks....all to enable another curse of gambling and the effects that has on society....but that's probably for another thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Well giving the public a free hand to do the right things does not seem to be working. Any increase need to be with laws for the Gardai or it will just be as useful as a spoon in a gun fight

You haven't seen John Wick then.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

If level 5...anyone knows if nct centres will keep open?
    Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

tigger123 wrote: »
    Anyone know what will be happening with driving tests?

If it goes to Level 5 they'll be stopped I believe, possibly at Level 4 too. I had a lesson this morning and my instructor said she'll stop her lessons for most of her students except those who have tests booked, and I have a test in the next 8-10 weeks. It's up to them if they want to keep the lessons going but she expects her lessons to continue until restrictions are lifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Stupid to announce such short notice, this only creates panic which will see shortages in shops, people being left without essentials and probably surge in spread as people act like its a zombie apocalypse and all etiquette goes out the window. Level 5 should kick in from midnight on Saturday. This is exactly how not to do things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Re: off licenses closing early.

Oddly enough I sometimes have a chat in my local off license with one of the lads working there. Over a week and a half ago he told me off licenses would be closing early at 6pm soon. Guess we'll soon find out if he was right.

Must have heard through the grapevine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,351 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

speckle wrote: »
    So Japan looks like it may have obtained herd/community at least in Tokyo and we head into another lockdown and against WHO advice as not using it as a primary means to reduce transmidsion. I would like to remind all nephet/hse/government people.. there is no time limit on crimes against humanity.

Think very carefully about what and how and why you are doing this, because it will not be the lunatic fringe next time you will be facing in court or even the ballot box.. Treason against the Irish people and state unless you produce fully comprehensive scientic data and use this time very wisely to correct your wilfull neglect of certain issues over the past 6 months, like ICu beds and contact tracing etc.

w0061-1-390x285.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement