Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Polar101

I took a two-hour nap, and things went from level 4 and 4 weeks to level 5 and 6 weeks.

This should be a great night to do my grocery shopping, glad I don't need toilet paper or pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

PUP going back to 350 according to RTE News.

Massive orgasms heard from SF headquarters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Pretzill wrote: »
    Why are RTE news reporting the restrictions as fact when nothing official has been announced?

Irish Examiner were reporting it at 15.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,473 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Anyone know if there's lunatics jamming into supermarkets yet? Need to pick up some stuff for dinner but I'll have a bowl of Shredded Wheat if people are acting the maggot again.

Was quiet and normal when I was in Lidl around 4.30 - by the time I got out there was a queue forming - first time I've seen that in a long while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

People see a slight drop in cases and suddenly we are over the worst of it and and cases have stabilised .. cases dropping over a 7 day period then he can say cases are stabilising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Ficheall wrote: »
    I didn't think it was selfish - I just thought it was insane :P No offence really intended, sorry.
    I try to avoid Dublin like the plague (no pun intended) at the best of times.

But it is selfish! :D I admit that :D

It is insane, you're right. My year is all about Christmas, the lights and the atmosphere of people and the crowds. 2 weeks of the year where everyone is happy, loving and giving.

Love it all. I've seen enough of my family with these restrictions for one year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Lockdown till April... I find it difficult to believe you believe some of the stuff you post.

I was mocked on here for suggesting we would go back into lockdown around 6 weeks ago I was proved right unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Poorside wrote: »
    What a shïte comment, do you really think anyone wants that?

Ego trip . Level 2 the Thursday . Tony is back 48 hours later and screams for level 5 . That's fact .

Some people just want to see the world burn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Tony can have his whiskey and cigar tonight

He got his wish

Country and lives destroyed for decades

Yes im sure the Chief Medical officers first thought is I must destroy the economy just for ****s and giggles not remotely related to the spiralling cases of Covid not at all at all

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Someone, if they haven't already done so, should create a gif of Leo getting coffee thrown on him but put Holahans face on the thrower and level 5 on the coffee

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

PUP going back to 350 according to RTE News.

Massive orgasms heard from SF headquarters

Their leaders in West Belfast will be pleased :p

I've never seen a guy, get such a kick out of a bad situation, like the way George Lee does

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Fair enough. We have different opinions on it. I'm sure, like everyone else, we both just hope this virus f**ks off and let's us consign these discussions to the boards archive. What a ****show of a year...

Yeah March and April was tough, but the weather was decent for most of it.

This is gonna be horrible, and I've already been locked up for nearly two weeks... how is another 6 gonna see me fare out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

An Ri rua wrote: »
    You haven't seen John Wick then.

Chuck Norris would crush him.

Enjoyable movies in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

I just can't see the teachers and their unions accepting their workplace is safe under L5. Schools won't reopen after the midterm until January imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

shinzon wrote: »
    Yes im sure the Chief Medical officers first thought is I must destroy the economy just for ****s and giggles not remotely related to the spiralling cases of Covid not not at all at all

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shin

Why would they care . They don't ever have to worry about money

It's a game to them . A career defining part of their job that's given them a hard on since March . All about power and ego

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

MOR316 wrote: »
    I've never seen a guy, get such a kick out of a bad situation, like the way George Lee does

Could see the horn on him there - he's not even hiding it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Ego trip . Level 2 the Thursday . Tony is back 48 hours later and screams for level 5 . That's fact .

Some people just want to see the world burn

You're a fool if you really think that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I'm back up €50 a week!

statesaver wrote: »
    Their leaders in West Belfast will be pleased :p

Balaclavas for some, miniature tri colours for everyone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

Every segment of the news is the same Sh*i*e just articulated in an alternative way. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

jojofizzio wrote: »
    See in England the mayor of Greater Manchester is refusing to put the area on Very High restrictions level(which allows Shops,gyms,beauticians etc to stay open) on economic grounds.....

Tory govt are going to offer billions in return for North of England locking down according to today's Times. More on this story to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭Shelga

We've had hundreds of cases a day for many weeks now, yet the number of deaths doesn't seem anywhere near what it was in spring? Could this be because the age profile of those catching the disease this time is much lower?

Or are we headed for more ICU hospitalisations and more deaths very soon? I hope not, obviously :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I'm back up €50 a week!
    And you still can go after 6pm and get your booze

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

George Lee is such a f*uckin jinx ⊙_⊙

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

MOR316 wrote: »

Yeah George loves the misery

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Shelga wrote: »
    We've had hundreds of cases a day for many weeks now, yet the number of deaths doesn't seem anywhere near what it was in spring? Could this be because the age profile of those catching the disease this time is much lower?

Or are we headed for more ICU hospitalisations and more deaths very soon? I hope not, obviously :(
    People have been saying the deaths are coming, the deaths are coming, and it just has not happened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭FrogmanBegins

niallo27 wrote: »
    You actually sound quiet smug and happy about this lockdown. Thats a bit pathetic.

But arghus won his internet argument. King Leonidas could only dream of claiming such glories.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    You're a fool if you really think that's the case.

Not as outlandish as you think.

It did have an air of, "I'm back!" about it...

Not saying that was the case but, in this world, never rule anything out with people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭alentejo

Level 3 / 2 restrictions have been in place for 2 plus weeks. Do people think numbers will start to decline soon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement