Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Why would they care . They don't ever have to worry about money

It's a game to them . A career defining part of their job that's given them a hard on since March . All about power and ego

If thats what you believe then fair play its not in anyway remotely true but do carry on.

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 38,259 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I just can't see the teachers and their unions accepting their workplace is safe under L5. Schools won't reopen after the midterm until January imo.

If their unions don't see an issue with it they need new unions imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Ego trip . Level 2 the Thursday . Tony is back 48 hours later and screams for level 5 . That's fact .

Some people just want to see the world burn

Did you hear him scream for it? Did you actually hear him?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Shelga wrote: »
    Or are we headed for more ICU hospitalisations and more deaths very soon? I hope not, obviously :(
    NPHET are worried that this is the case, but it doesn't seem to be coming to fruition.

To be fair, they can only go based on what happened before. 3 weeks ago nobody could say with any certainty how the hospital stats would play out, they could only go on previous data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

The next 6 weeks are crucial

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Could see the horn on him there - he's not even hiding it now

Would you say is he a barbed wire or a nettles man? These seem to be the favoured options..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

niallo27 wrote: »
    You actually sound quiet smug and happy about this lockdown. Thats a bit pathetic.

For sure. I just hope the foamers at the mouth wipe it up afterwards, that stuff can spread the virus if someone puts their hand on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The government had months to plan for a potential lockdown so I'm sure there will be a detailed plan of the lockdown and the messures that will be implemented to insure the post lockdown opening will be a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Shelga wrote: »
    We've had hundreds of cases a day for many weeks now, yet the number of deaths doesn't seem anywhere near what it was in spring? Could this be because the age profile of those catching the disease this time is much lower?

Or are we headed for more ICU hospitalisations and more deaths very soon? I hope not, obviously :(

this is the million dollar question. the current thinking seems to be that we are catching much more cases, maybe 10 times more. and initially at least this "second wave" was a younger demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Dublin numbers look steady . Why the need to jump to level 5. No exponential growth happing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I just can't see the teachers and their unions accepting their workplace is safe under L5. Schools won't reopen after the midterm until January imo.

They shouldn't either as it's nonsense.

Hi, you, you can't go into Smyths for 20 minutes to buy some toys. But I expect you to sit in a room for 6 hours with 30 others and work away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Necro wrote: »
    Yeah March and April was tough, but the weather was decent for most of it.

This is gonna be horrible, and I've already been locked up for nearly two weeks... how is another 6 gonna see me fare out :(

I might get stick for this but I think a lot of people have been on the bandwagon when it comes to mental health issues over the last few years. Which might not be a bad thing because at least mental health has started to be taken seriously.

But everyone I talk to at the moment is worried for their mental well being. Personally I'm finding this a real slog and a real struggle most days so the next 6 weeks or so will be a nightmare. I don't know how the business owners, unemployed and vulnerable must feel because, thankfully, I'm not in any of those categories.

We just have to stick with it...there are better times ahead. Just some **** ones before we get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Arghus wrote: »
    I'll be more specific so:

You've been one of the most consistently incorrect people on here for months, but you weren't the only one.

Amongst the claims from that sort was "We are NEVER going into another lockdown" and ridiculing many worried posters.

What's the status of further education? are we being lumped in with the schools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Yeah George loves the misery

They can only show him from the waist up due to the massive dancer's lance downstairs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

seamus wrote: »
    NPHET are worried that this is the case, but it doesn't seem to be coming to fruition.

To be fair, they can only go based on what happened before. 3 weeks ago nobody could say with any certainty how the hospital stats would play out, they could only go on previous data.

NPHET are probably also using figures from other EU states to underpin their advice, some of them are a couple of weeks ahead of us in terms of the onset of their 'second wave'.

Take Belgium for example, it's expected to run out of ICU beds by mid-November.

Belgium facing 'tsunami' of new infections
    Hospitalisations have also risen, with 2,485 people in hospital with Covid-19 on Monday. Officials warn that if cases continue to rise at the same rate, Belgium will fill its capacity of 2,000 intensive care beds by mid-November.

We have plenty of examples at this stage of the likely outcome when you go for a loosened style of restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Arghus wrote: »
    I'll be more specific so:

You've been one of the most consistently incorrect people on here for months, but you weren't the only one.
    Ah yes, the king of the 'told you so' brigade back again.
    I'll send your medal in the post.
    What a great game COVID is isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What time are Moe, Curley and Larry on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

In addition to building more health infrastructure, they REALLY need to start getting asylums going again.

Closing them down didn't make the mentally ill disappear. Now they just float amongst us driving us all mad instead.

Dublin numbers look steady . Why the need to jump to level 5. No exponential growth happing.

It's out of control at the rate it's currently at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I'm not the type to say I told you so but those saying a lockdown was impossible were so aggressive with their replies that a serving of humble pie will do them some Good
    I'm just glad there isn't going to be a second wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Gradius wrote: »
    They literally just spelled it out on the news.

A bloke came back from holidays abroad, didn't isolate, and ended up infecting 56 additional people.

And that's only the number traced so far.

So, yeah.

They literally spelled it out and you still got it wrong. He infected 3 people who went on to infect others, total linked to him is 56 but he only infected 3 people.

Contact tracing way to slow, some people waiting 5 days for call off them

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Because our hospitals have been barely able to handle the flu for years. They can't handle a pandemic.

HSE and FF/FG need to be dragged over the coals for the mismanagement of money in that organisation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

If there is virtually full lockdown, schools will be the only large gatherings taking place. Surely infection numbers in school communities will indicate whether schools are in fact safe or not.
    They are vitally important and speaking as a teacher and a parent I really hope schools can remain open.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I'm not the type to say I told you so but those saying a lockdown was impossible were so aggressive with their replies that a serving of humble pie will do them some Good
    The irony of this post. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭political analyst

What's the status of further education? are we being lumped in with the schools?

Technically, it's part of secondary education.

Gradius wrote: »
    In addition to building more health infrastructure, they REALLY need to start getting asylums going again.

Closing them down didn't make the mentally ill disappear. Now they just float amongst us driving us all mad instead.

It's actually quite a shocking subject. If you foud out how many of them committed murders you'd be shocked.

And a lot of them haven't gone to court because they've been deemed unfit to plead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Ah yes, the king of the 'told you so' brigade back again.
    I'll send your medal in the post.
    What a great game COVID is isn't it?

Not to mention the condescending arrogance on the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Pubs with a handful of punters are dangerous breeding grounds for Covid while schools populated by hundreds are not. Alright then.

The schools situation will come crashing down very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,302 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Stheno wrote: »
    I know several companies in the private sector who recently gave staff payrises

https://twitter.com/vincekearney/status/1318175759345778688?s=19

Positivity over 20% in the North today

Great... good luck to em... wont occur in public though..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement