Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Not to mention the condescending arrogance on the thread.
    Can hardly contain his excitement at being right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Oranage2 wrote: »
    The government had months to plan for a potential lockdown so I'm sure there will be a detailed plan of the lockdown and the messures that will be implemented to insure the post lockdown opening will be a success.

If they lift restrictions in 6 weeks time people will just go bat **** crazy as they will know lockdown will happen again in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's out of control at the rate it's currently at.

Its high. I wouldn't say out of control. Was the plan not call living with covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

US2 wrote: »
    They literally spelled it out and you still got it wrong. He infected 3 people who went on to infect others, total linked to him is 56 but he only infected 3 people.

Contact tracing way to slow, some people waiting 5 days for call off them

And how many of those 56 would have been infected without that dope?

None. That's how many.

Ergo, he is responsible for 56 people being infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Pubs with a handful of punters are dangerous breeding grounds for Covid while schools populated by hundreds are not. Alright then.

Maybe it was the 9euro meals that spread the covid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Pubs with a handful of punters are dangerous breeding grounds for Covid while schools populated by hundreds are not. Alright then.

Education is essential , out drinking isnt m

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

They literally spelled it out and you still got it wrong. He infected 3 people who went on to infect others, total linked to him is 56 but he only infected 3 people.

So, how many of the 56 would have been infected if he had isolated like he should?

Zero perhaps?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

DeanAustin wrote: »
    I might get stick for this but I think a lot of people have been on the bandwagon when it comes to mental health issues over the last few years. Which might not be a bad thing because at least mental health has started to be taken seriously.

But everyone I talk to at the moment is worried for their mental well being. Personally I'm finding this a real slog and a real struggle most days so the next 6 weeks or so will be a nightmare. I don't know how the business owners, unemployed and vulnerable must feel because, thankfully, I'm not in any of those categories.

We just have to stick with it...there are better times ahead. Just some **** ones before we get there.

This thread doesn't help either :pac:

Between the flouters and the bring the army onto the streets brigades it all gets so tiresome.

Doesn't help the media is so morbidly depressing about the whole sh1tshow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭political analyst

How could NPHET know how many Covid sufferers will be admitted to emergency departments tomorrow or next week? It's not like NPHET has a crystal ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭alentejo

Open fully up in Decmeber - Let it rip! Lock down for January & Feb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Its high. I wouldn't say out of control. Was the plan not call living with covid.

It was called that, and it was changed about 3 seconds after it was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Too many cases to contact trace quickly. It's mainly manual so you need bodies.

Would be smart to try and get people on PUP and not working cos their employers are closed to do a certain amount of hours. Their jobs might return faster then

• Registered Users Posts: 38,259 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ah yes, the king of the 'told you so' brigade back again.
    I'll send your medal in the post.
    What a great game COVID is isn't it?
    You have some neck calling out anybody after all the crap you posted in these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

1031 cases

235 dub
    232 cork

Try harder Cork

It's not a competition ffs, Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Boggles wrote: »
    Previous 7 days data confirmed infections

1. 4496 48% increase
    2. 7436 65% increase

I imagine we will be looking back in 2-3 weeks time and saying remember when we "only" had 1000 cases a day.
    seamus wrote: »
    You can cherry pick all the data you like to make things look as bad as you want.

Why didn't you pick the 15th for your previous 7 days?:

1. 3645 (32% increase)
    2. 6700 (84% increase)

Here's what that particular metric looks like:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=529807&stc=1&d=1603108422

This is the kind of runaway growth you would expect an infection to follow.

The first peak & drop we see see at the start of October is when Dublin cases appeared to level out and hold steady. But as we know that didn't hold for long.

A second peak has been passed. Will that keep going down? It could.

Not all big numbers are scary. Or negative.

In context, that 65% you're so afraid of Boggles, is lower than the 3 days before it.
    I see you've gone pretty quiet since the swab numbers came out. I've updated the earlier graph for you.

Also on the 7 day numbers:

Monday 12th: 5185 (up 59.7%)
    Monday 19th: 8161 (up 57.4%)

529858.png

Still plenty of room here for this to go Pete Tong; look at how the month started out.

But there's a trend now with a foothold. Given that it has no reason not to (the entire country is under restrictions), it should hopefully continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Have any restrictions been confirmed yet or will there be a speech?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Necro wrote: »
    Yeah here's the thing, they rejected the advice two weeks ago.

We'd be halfway through a four week Level 5.

Soooooooo.....

Leo in particular and his idiocy on Claire Byrne after that is going to look like a total fool.

Donnelly will be blaming the virus

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Education is essential , out drinking isnt m

Sure but there should be more modern means of delivering it than cram loadsa kids into a small room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

What about the building sites, is there anything concrete on the building sites yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Shelga wrote: »
    We've had hundreds of cases a day for many weeks now, yet the number of deaths doesn't seem anywhere near what it was in spring? Could this be because the age profile of those catching the disease this time is much lower?

Or are we headed for more ICU hospitalisations and more deaths very soon? I hope not, obviously :(

That's exactly why. Age profile so much lower so people are just getting better after isolating for 2 weeks. That and treatments are getting better too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

You also have the string of posters making anonymous remarks about other posters because theyre afraid to name names.

Anytime you are called out on nonsense you start playing the victim card and look for the mods. When you are named. You're the prime bully boy on the thread and then cry when you don't get your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

What about the building sites, is there anything concrete on the building sites yet?

Titter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭political analyst

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1019/1172397-coronavirus-ireland/

The Republic's population is slightly lower than that of Melbourne. So why would it need to have as long a lockdown as Melbourne did?

Given the importance of hygiene, why is a haircut not considered an essential service?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I think the media coverage is so overblown and tabloid both RTE and VM - it's like there's only one thing to discuss now and it's always a headline - I'm planning 6 weeks of trying to ignore the hype is best I can - I have loads of books to read and lots of films and movies to take me elsewhere - between that and walking in the crisp winter mornings - I'm going to try and make the best of an enforced hibernation and try not to let it get to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

What about elective procedures in hospital, I presume that they are cancelled

I know it is not going to happen but I am just hoping they allow appointments for screening and treatments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Concrete? Well... yeah, I'd suppose so...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,641 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Quite a bit on most sites I'd reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ah yes, the king of the 'told you so' brigade back again.
    I'll send your medal in the post.
    What a great game COVID is isn't it?

It's not a game, but you were arrogant, one-eyed and dismissive of people for a long, long time and quite happy to pick up the love in the thread for it. Now, that you are being called on it you are very, very, salty. Bit of humility or an admission of error - after all we've all been wrong through all of this - Nah, nah: just pithy remarks.

But this is boring now. So it's time to drop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,641 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1019/1172397-coronavirus-ireland/

The Republic's population is slightly lower than that of Melbourne. So why would it need to have as long a lockdown as Melbourne did?

Given the importance of hygiene, why is a haircut not considered an essential service?

You can wash your hair.... You know that, right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement