Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

529562.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Got a whatsapp saying the army are being deployed from midnight and something about a hotel and they're going to ban toilet paper.

Can confirm. Putting on my rambo bandana now and sending the whatsapp to nake sure the lads get their beating sticks nice and shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

MOR316 wrote: »
    Ah, ha, ha, ha, Level Five, Level Five
    Ah, ha, ha, ha, Level Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

AIfE.gif

Mehole, leaky and sleepy are looking well

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

got to love RTE's headline on the new cases. no mention of the 0 deaths in it and in the article its 3 paragraphs down.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    I don't believe in lockdowns but there's no need for this. I'm sure Tony Holohan would love nothing more than this virus to f**k off. Same as the rest of us. He's trying to do a job, I've no doubt that this is just his professional opinion on what the best course of action is to get rid of this virus.

Everyone is trying to do the right thing here. There just is no right thing. We are headed for economic ruin, people dying or a balance of both. There's no good course of action.

well call me a cynic but I think Tony Holohan has been on a personal crusade in the fight against Covid. NOT because he has a job to do, but because he has a reputation to restore, his own, following his shameful treatment of women who got Cervical Cancer and his culpability in this and his lack of accountability or remorse. This is about damage limitation for Tony Holohan, restoring his good name (tell that to the families who buried their wife or mother in the last few years) and riding off into the sunset with the Freedom of the City on his shoulders, followed by numerous Late Late Show interviews.

Yes I am cynical. Covid has made me such. People have very short memories. There is an arrogance about Tony Holohan which was displayed very recently when he rode back into town, chomping at the bit and overode the Taoiseach in his announcement of Level 5. Poor Ronan Glynn was sent home. Should he be involved in almost running the economy into the ground when he cannot be objective right now if his wife is terminally ill?? I don't think so. Should he be at home, with his kids and his family, perhaps advising Ronan Glynn on the phone if needed? Yes, but just that! Instead he seems to need to be in the headlines, in the photos, in the press conferences, all lights on him.
    I buried a child from cancer and I know what walking the road is like with a terminal illness. I cannot understand how Tony Holohan is back at work at this time and not with his family. I couldn't concentrate on anything else in the run up to her death, I certainly was not able to work. But then again maybe I have just become too cynical in these times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

bennyl10 wrote: »
    How does this conflate with the 5,7 and 14 day averages all shooting up?

5-day average: 1159

7-day average: 1100.1
    (Previous 7 days: 688.1)

14-day cases/100k: 262.9
    (7 days ago: 168.3)

This seems like a graph to show a positive with no actual proof to back it up

The worseness is not getting any worserier.

See?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭political analyst

You are being ridiculous.

So keeping one's hair short doesn't matter?! Washing is only one part of hair hygiene. You've heard of head lice, haven't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Are we adding long hair and headlice to the list of things to blame for Covid :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Hayley_Rae wrote: »
    So the PUP is going back up to 350 and wage subsidy being increased too?

The business owners must be laughing their holes off, raking it in, rates freezes, VAT cuts, staff paid for by taxpayer, PUP etc

This is such a joke. It's so unfair to the working people.

Some of us lost our jobs, I did in June, I'm in my mid 50's, been working for 35 years, never out of work, rarely sick. I'd much prefer to be employed full time than be on PUP but there is little on the horizon, I'm sure as hell not going to allow someone tell me that I'm a loser or lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Then quit your job and start up a business....... Let us know how you get on.
    Boards is just full of bright people with bright ideas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Can confirm. Putting on my rambo bandana now and sending the whatsapp to nake sure the lads get their beating sticks nice and shiny.

Thought that read rambo banana hammock for a sec

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I have no more words for the complete idiocy of all this.

And the fools who follow this blindly even applauding it. Calling for the army.

What an utter farce. And no way out. Just going to do this all over again the in February. If we're actually out of 5 by then that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

growleaves wrote: »
    Does anyone know at Level 5 will search parties still be allowed to go out and look for Fungie?
    As long as you avoid the garda, as they dont get tested and isolated like the rest of us. And you wouldnt want them to pass anything on to the poor old fungi. Heard you buildt a wall over night at Blennerville and no garda allowed to pass. Any way to confirm the rumour?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

So keeping one's hair short doesn't matter?! Washing is only one part of hair hygiene. You've heard of head lice, haven't you?

I have hair down to my bum and I have no head lice. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

miece16 wrote: »
    got to love RTE's headline on the new cases. no mention of the 0 deaths in it and in the article its 3 paragraphs down.

It's three sentences, or five lines, into the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Not this crap again where is the proof it is them.

There’s definitely been more cases arising from travel than there has been in shops/gyms, but yet there’re being closed. Only today, the case in the news about someone returning from abroad, in turn infecting 56 people.

Even now, we have not introduced any controls in the airports - not even temperature checks. That’s basic!

At a minimum, I don’t know why we can’t introduce a requirement for anyone entering the country to provide a negative COVID result within the previous 48 hours. Other countries are doing that. Why are we unable to bring in something like that? It’s not foolproof, but it’s better than what we have - ie nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Blondini wrote: »
    The worseness is not getting any worserier.

See?

Today is the first day in a while where the 7 day swab average has fallen versus the previous day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Grow dreads then.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Bring back swine flu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Are NCT's going to be cancelled again with the new restrictions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Longing

If the government had done what NPHET said two weeks ago. We would be a third of the way through our 6 weeks at level 5. But if they had acted when NPHET said to act when cases were less than 350 a day, I can tell you now we would not be looking at 6 weeks of this sh+t.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Donnelly is such a spoofer he gets found out

Today is the first day in a while where the 7 day swab average has fallen versus the previous day.
    Let it go man and get the shopping in for the next six(teen) weeks!

Let me get this straight, are you saying head lice is related to hair length?

Where do you live that they are treating head lice with hair cuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Are NCT's going to be cancelled again with the new restrictions?

No one knows cause it hasnt even been announced yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,868 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Why would he feel like an idiot? He never said that level 5 wasn't an option.

The only people who look like idiots are the people peddling this nonsense because they're proving themselves incapable of comprehending simple logic (either willingly because they have a bias against Leo/politicians or unwillingly because they aren't very bright).

Moving to Level 5 at that point would have brought all sorts of problems.

What has changed except it will be 2 weeks longer

Longing wrote: »
    If the government had done what NPHET said two weeks ago. We would be a third of the way through our 6 weeks at level 5. But if they had acted when NPHET said to act when cases were less than 350 a day, I can tell you now we would not be looking at 6 weeks of this sh+t.
    We'd only be looking at 7 weeks, now it's 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Longing wrote: »

If nphet got their way we would be in lockdown until 2022, wake the **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

KNEE JERK reactions, our government love them.

Most other countries give their measures 4 weeks to see if they are effective, we change them every week.

Now we jump into the most draconian measures on the continent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Bring back swine flu

2020 isn't over yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement