Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

statto25 wrote: »
    Shows where the mentality really lies with these types. It's damn all to do with saving lives and more to do with a hatred of GAA.

I see, so, gaa = essential
    Jobs/livilehoods = not important

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Schools open = virus spreading

• Registered Users Posts: 16,356 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

So the virus can spread like wildfire again over Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

JP100 wrote: »

After careful consideration, I agree with her reasoned opinion. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Gradius wrote: »
    No problem. Find the nearest street lamp, string yourself up by the angles and flip, flop and flap yourself to uncoordinated glee :)

I don't need a street lamp for that! One bonus of the lock down is that the general public are safe from me careering into them, stopping dead on steps in front of them or spilling drink all over them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ah lads can you not tell the difference between club teams where the whole panel and supporters go out on the piss compared to intercounty where most of these boys don't even drink plus there will be no where to drink anyway. It will keep a lot of people going through the winter.

Tell that to the county players on the club team here who celebrated their cup win with a pub crawl that led to several positive cases in the community. They obviously didn't get the memo.

I have lost my faith in the GAA. It greatly saddens me and perhaps in time I'll enjoy it again .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hmm, leaders of the country! I wonder who promised them that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

What is your problem with GAA? There are soccer games still on at all age groups why not have a pop at the FAI? Did ya not get picked for the team when you were younger?

There are no soccer games on at any level, bar professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

They're tested up to 3 times a week, including within 48 hours before games.

Seems like they're not testing what they promised

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/1019/1172479-louth-captain-makes-startling-revelation-on-testing/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭political analyst

If the GAA took the decision to halt everything right now, they would be highly respected for that I believe.

As it is, they have no respect from me. Do they really need to be instructed on this. Is it a money thing or what? Can't get my head around it TBH.

Their players are at risk, and since all are amateurs with other jobs it is not a good thing to keep playing. IMO of course. We all are suffering.

A few days ago, someone said on a local newspaper's Facebook page that the GAA wouldn't have gone ahead with the matches if it had not been promised money by the government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Multipass wrote: »
    Who cares, there’ll be nothing left by December.

They'll be queueing from tomorrow for Smyth's etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

It's clear that quarantine was used successfully in countries which have weathered this better economically. Make Ryan making the point that quarantine affects a lot less people. That guy who gave it to 56 people for instance. Don't know why we dismiss it out right. Wonder how many waves we will need.

https://twitter.com/AliNouriPhD/status/1318254850782777352?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

There will be thousands of people permanently reliant on welfare after this.

It is drastically over the top and out of line with WHO guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

I see, so gaa = essential
    Jobs/livilehoods = non essential

Shove your rolleyes. I never said GAA was essential. My opinion is you like having a pop at the GAA irregardless of the scenario. I'm sure you're going to follow up with saying the League of Ireland needs to be called off too?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There's no support for a lockdown this time around, people are fuming.

We can't just keep repeating this over and over until there's a vaccine...

Surveys have been saying otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

I see, so, gaa = essential
    Jobs/livilehoods = not important

There are hundreds of jobs in the GAA that pay a lot of tax . Do they not count ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Stheno wrote: »
    Is this the latest tactic? Bribe the naughty children?

Do they seriously think this is a grown up approach?

It will work too. Just wait till the Cork gobsh*te has spoken and see the reaction online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Fann Linn wrote: »

That started at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Fann Linn wrote: »

Hah, I meant nothing left for the country to run on. I don’t give a crap about Christmas.

Tens of thousands of likely job losses all to keep kids in school (cough....childcare) for 6 weeks. I hope it’s worth it. Who’d have thought that 6 weeks off school would destroy a whole generation of children

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Lockdown ectoplasm everywhere!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Where do people reckon does this leave non urgent hospital referrals/appointments?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Twitter is toxic. Just people posting who think they have the latest news. Never verified of course. I give it a wide berth nowadays. Sick of the competitive nature going on.

What we DO need is a State of the Nation address from MM. Gawd help us. But then again that should have been done weeks ago. Better late than never, although he has no gravitas and will not convince many of the seriousness of the situation, or comfort those whose businesses are about to be shut down, together with the employees losing their jobs.

But hey, let the GAA go ahead, construction, meat factories and schools. No worries at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Stheno wrote: »
    Only within 5kms so thats me and the oh unable to meet any friends as none of them are within 5kms

That’s the biggest joke really. I am still meeting other parents at the school gates, 3x a day, many of them chatting away without any masks, while we will only be allowed to meet a person from ONE other household outside.
    And only moving 5km away from the home? I have to go to town and move around, between the school runs. That exceeds 5km.
    These restrictions are so confusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Shove your rolleyes. I never said GAA was essential. My opinion is you like having a pop at the GAA irregardless of the scenario. I'm sure you're going to follow up with saying the League of Ireland needs to be called off too?

All sport needs to be cancelled. If shops are closing and vast amounts of people are losing their jobs.

It's absolutely obscene. Do they not care about their own players?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

The government are packing their bags for the Bahamas tonight. Instead, Daniel O'Donnell will be on at 9pm to tell us about nursing home guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

If businesses are being told to close their doors I don't see why sport should be exempt. It's double standard and extremely unfair, lot of these jobs will not be coming back, the gaa will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

smeal wrote: »
    Where do people reckon does this leave non urgent hospital referrals/appointments?

I'd say you can forget about that. Probably have to wait til they become urgent and take your chances in a&e. Which will happen to some, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

smeal wrote: »
    In private hospitals most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Turns out Leo was the leak after all!

Surprised Surprise.

I suppose he needed a job for his PR team.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement