Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Not sure it's even the most mental post on this exact theme in this thread today:

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

ddarcy wrote: »
    If you think this is going to be 6 weeks, your in for a shock. Next April at best.

Hopefully civil servants get put on pup as well. If they are not working, they should not get their full wage. Fair is fair.

Also rumours that golfing will be allowed (its the journal, so I’d been stunned if true). If it is allowed then they will lose the populace.

I sense your frustration but we've got to hold firm . We are all in this together

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Are anti mask protests allowed to go ahead?

Of course, ah but its a tough one for the cops, cant really go in heavy handed but doesnt the law allow organisers of large gatherings to be charged? Though i suspect they'd love that, make martyrs of themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Stheno wrote: »
    Only within 5kms so thats me and the oh unable to meet any friends as none of them are within 5kms

They only need to be within 10km?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

We need to pull together and flatten the curve

The next 6 weeks is crucial

And then what?
    We open up again and numbers increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

So will the counties that are in level 4 now move up a level and then be allowed to have more people at a wedding than they've been allowed all along?
    Couldn't make that stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Education minister raised concerns about schools remaining open

https://twitter.com/McConnellDaniel/status/1318267842928742411?s=19

If teachers and the education minister believe keeping schools open isn't viable then who's pushing it and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Cheap time to get married in all honesty. Cheap time to die as well

Which do you think I should go for first?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Gradius wrote: »
    Who, in their right effing mind, are trying to get married now anyway??

A lot have weddings postponed from earlier on in the year and will have deposits down with hotels. Who knows when this will end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

If you think this is going to be 6 weeks, your in for a shock. Next April at best.

Hopefully civil servants get put on pup as well. If they are not working, they should not get their full wage. Fair is fair.

Also rumours that golfing will be allowed (its the journal, so I’d been stunned if true). If it is allowed then they will lose the populace.

Woulfe, Hogan et al do need something to take their minds of current events in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I can’t keep up with the rumours, is construction work still allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

I picked the wrong week to stop smoking crack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Which do you think I should go for first?

Your life is over if you get married :)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

If the rumours about weddings staying at 25 are true I expect at least 75% of you to lose your sh!t. Myself and Zara King have one reply to that "Up yours motherf*ckers!!!!!"

Would be few enough weddings where 25 people live within 5km of the venue.

I'm sure there are exceptions in the small print to the above though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Gradius wrote: »
    Who, in their right effing mind, are trying to get married now anyway??

Genuinely quite a few people. A good few of them are willing to go ahead even with 6 people at the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Are anti mask protests allowed to go ahead?

No, but BLM protests are allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is anybody else getting ready for Boards.ie to start crashing again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

And then what?
    We open up again and numbers increase.

Of course and then once the numbers go up again another lovely lockdown for the doom merchants

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

pc7 wrote: »
    I can’t keep up with the rumours, is construction work still allowed?

Hard to know anything....
    I guess we’ll find out more in half an hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

We need to pull together and flatten the curve

The next 6 weeks is crucial

Protect our NHS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Phil.x wrote: »
    No good for mental health and in anyways, I'm way to buff for that junk.

This ladies and gentlemen is the level of guff that you produce when you develop your body at the expense of your mind :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭MelbourneMan

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Well if nothing else, this lockdown will prove or disprove the “schools are spreading it” theory.

That is not really a theory, more a social media meme from the poorly informed.

There is a general tendency to over simply virus spread into having an impact/not having an impact, or safe/unsafe, or this is safer than that therefore we should not be be prevented from doing this. etc.
    But it cannot be looked at in this black and white manner.

The chain of transmission has many many links, and all contribute to the overall spread and R0. Individual factors have greater or lesser contributions, and also have different levels of importance to society in general. It is never true to say schools are or are not having an impact. Whereever people interface, there is an impact.

The task of the politicians is to weigh up the sum of all factors contributing to spread, and weigh up the the impact on society, health, and the economy of curtailing these activities to varying degrees, and balancing those two elements with the capability of the health service to handle the caseload. The data and advice on the virus element is provided to them by NPHET.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Golf is about the safest sport around during covid-19.
    No equipment is shared.
    It's outdoors.
    And it's easy to keep your social distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

statto25 wrote: »
    Of course and then once the numbers go up again another lovely lockdown for the doom merchants

hate to point this out buddy, but you've just become one of us

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Downlinz wrote: »
    If teachers and the education minister believe keeping schools open isn't viable then who's pushing it and why?

They will be closed soon enough I reckon.

They are being kept open so people can work. But many won't be able to under L5 anyway, so it's a protection for those who WFH and won't go doo lally trying to work and educate simultaneously. I think anyway. Otherwise can't figure it out myself either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Protect our NHS

Personally I can't wait to start clapping at my front door . I don't know why I stopped

That is not really a theory, more a social media meme from the poorly informed.

There is a general tendency to over simply virus spread into having an impact/not having an impact, or safe/unsafe, or this is safer than that therefore we should not be be prevented from doing this. etc.
    But it cannot be looked at in this black and white manner.

The chain of transmission has many many links, and all contribute to the overall spread and R0. Individual factors have greater or lesser contributions, and also have different levels of importance to society in general. It is never true to say schools are or are not having an impact. Whereever people interface, there is an impact.

The task of the politicians is to weigh up the sum of all factors contributing to spread, and weigh up the the impact on society, health, and the economy of curtailing these activities to varying degrees, and balancing those two elements with the capability of the health service to handle the caseload. The data and advice on the virus element is provided to them by NPHET.

I am sorry, but you can’t talk sense here. Retract that immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭E36Ross

Has there actually been an official announcement or is there going to be one later tonight?

What is the delay in giving a clear concise plan on WTF they plan to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

statto25 wrote: »

You can't keep closing and opening everything.
    The country will be destroyed for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

The_Brood wrote: »
    Whatever else is to happen, this government must end up in prison. Justice must be done. They are criminals.

Lock up and destroy the economy, but keep schools open and give no powers to the guards to stop house parties. Ok sure. If you're shot in the leg, do nothing about it but pull out your teeth, because....reasons?

Prison. Mass protests, boycott everything, virus or no virus until these people are rotting in prison.

Oh ffs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement