Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Claiomh

Have we gone for one of the most restrictive lockdowns in Europe?

Not by a long shot. France has curfews in place, from Friday Austria is limiting weddings to 6 people, and in Bavaria a town there is going into lockdown at midday tomorrow, with people only permitted to leave their dwelling for essential business.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

jackboy wrote: »
    MM speech at 9. Could they not let someone less depressing to have a go at it.

Honestly he is the Altar Boy Almighty. I wish he was a great communicator with a bit of gravitas, but he is not.

You only have to listen to radio where Vlad is only slowly being referred to as Tanaiste (not Teesh) months later. Just shows you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Any news on construction workers ?

Yeah. They love smoking grass and eating chicken rolls from circle K

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Eod100 wrote: »
    Well it couldn't go higher in fairness..

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1318261919862689793

Return to lower level restrictions for the month of December :rolleyes:
    Return to lockdown by the end of January:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I don't think so.

According to BBC Wales all secondary pupils will remain at home after midterm. Primary kids return.

• Advertisement

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Ironic the Dubs are the best in the country at bog football

Yes it is ironic alright. The boggers hate us Dubs. That's grand. We just keep on winning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

Could a whole industry of shops just say **** off and stay open. Like say if all barbers, toy shops or gyms etc just said we're not closing. What could be realistically done?

The Gards could seize the toys off the toyshop and play with them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Construction sites expected to stay open. Guess we'll know for sure in 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

They aren’t to stop working till all the houses for the leeches are built.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

The_Brood wrote: »
    Yeah and they decided that escaping anger from failed, miserable parents who can't stand their own children at home is worth sacrificing the economy for.

Makes you wonder just how many failed parents there are in Ireland, and who or what is responsible for that. Why have children if you can't even imagine functioning with them around?

Have you tried WFH full time with young children?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭jackboy

Eh cos he's the leader of the country, funnily enough.

I know, but Jesus, we are going through enough. He is no motivator.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

jos28 wrote: »
    Return to lower level restrictions for the month of December :rolleyes:
    Return to lockdown by the end of January:mad:

lower level restrictions could mean level 4 I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

The_Brood wrote: »
    Yeah and they decided that escaping anger from failed, miserable parents who can't stand their own children at home is worth sacrificing the economy for.

Makes you wonder just how many failed parents there are in Ireland, and who or what is responsible for that. Why have children if you can't even imagine functioning with them around?

This is the greatest load of nonsense I've ever seen posted. Can a decision in this country not have been made without some sinister ulterior motive. Like, maybe people are making decisions for the reasons they say they're making them...

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

tjdaly wrote: »
    Passed by the anti restrictions protestors in Cork yesterday. Nice crowd, men and women, all ages, very friendly, more hippyish than anything. Fair play to them, it's hard to stand up for what you believe in with so many third reichers sneering from the sides.

As for level five. I myself will absolutely ignore it.

That's the spirit

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

They should just let Danny Healy-Rae make the announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,815 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Apart from construction sites, was there any news on construction e.g. getting work done in your house, is that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Haven't Wales shut their schools?

Yes and No

"What about schools?
    The Welsh government has repeatedly said it will do everything to keep children in education, but it has not quite been able to keep all schools open. Primary schools and childcare settings will be allowed to open but secondary schools will provide learning online only for the week after half-term, other than for children in years 7 and 8. Pupils will be able to come in to take exams."

It's online learning for 1 week is my reading of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Apart from construction sites, was there any news on construction e.g. getting work done in your house, is that ok?

Put it down as construction.

Kivaro wrote: »
    With all that's going on with this worldwide pandemic, it is very strange to hear the Green Party deputy leader Catherine Martin complaining about gender balance at Covid talks over the weekend (Irish Times online this evening). Don't we need the very best people in the country taking the helm in this battle irrespective of their sex? I wonder about the Green Party sometimes ......... well, more than sometimes.

FFS, bizarre thought process, making a feckin tit of herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Sounds alot like construction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Ellie2008 wrote: »
    Have you tried WFH full time with young children?!

Have you tried flying a plane without getting a pilot's license? Maybe let's all agree to not do stupid things and then punish the entire country for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭majcos

smeal wrote: »
    Where do people reckon does this leave non urgent hospital referrals/appointments?
    Hopefully unchanged. A lot of systems and procedures have been put in place that should allow most outpatient appointments to go ahead. It will however depend on health system not being otherwise overrun and the amount of staff out sick or isolating as well as the nature of the specific speciality or service.

A mix of face to face, telephone and virtual appointments currently running. With better scheduling and organization of waiting rooms, it can be done reasonably safely. Numerous measures in place including pre screening questionnaires, temperature checks on arrival, supervised hand sanitisation, regular cleaning of rooms and equipment, distancing between those in waiting areas, waiting in car until called, etc.

Sounds alot like construction

Yeah, haha, but I read it as sites as in commercial building sites, not odd domestic jobs. But you're probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Wishful thinking at the moment but the country after these 6 weeks, needs to go to level 2 for December! Economy needs it we all need it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Claiomh wrote: »
    Not by a long shot. France has curfews in place, from Friday Austria is limiting weddings to 6 people, and in Bavaria a town there is going into lockdown at midday tomorrow, with people only permitted to leave their dwelling for essential business.

Erm, the lockdown for the whole of Ireland is much more restrictive than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

Anyone has the live link to the Michael Martin stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

It's every man for themselves. If the Government is trying to destroy your livelihood, you can either sit on your hole doing nothing or you can ignore their bull**** and continue to work safely and earn an honest living.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,047 ✭✭✭✭rob316

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    lower level restrictions could mean level 4 I suppose

There is no ****in difference between 4 and 5

Just wait for the moaning MM to speak soon. None of us know any better than Twitter leaks. But we can make educated guesses I suppose.

Quite depressing, as if the virus will disappear until the date of the lockdown. That's a bit mad. But whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

It's times like these I could really do with a Seamus Heaney quote

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement