Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Santy2015 wrote: »
    Wishful thinking at the moment but the country after these 6 weeks, needs to go to level 2 for December! Economy needs it we all need it

Feck it, let's go to -1, put Sodom & Gomorrah to shame for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Wishful thinking at the moment but the country after these 6 weeks, needs to go to level 2 for December! Economy needs it we all need it

Great idea but can't see Tony and NPHET going for that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Yeah, haha, but I read it as sites as in commercial building sites, not odd domestic jobs. But you're probably right.

There's a house renovation going on beside me and there is no way those lads are stopping at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,047 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I think that's the idea why they are doing this, give us a normal 5/6 weeks Christmas period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

DeanAustin wrote: »
    This is the greatest load of nonsense I've ever seen posted. Can a decision in this country not have been made without some sinister ulterior motive. Like, maybe people are making decisions for the reasons they say they're making them...

No. If you are for schools opened at this point you want the economy to suffer and you want cases to go up. Schools are exactly how the virus spreads. There is no debate. This is proven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭peterofthebr

So positive cases are up(as we're doing more testing now) - if we were testing this much back in March, April do people think we would have the same positive cases back then, less or more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

GazzaL wrote: »
    It's every man for themselves. If the Government is trying to destroy your livelihood, you can either sit on your hole doing nothing or you can ignore their bull**** and continue to work safely and earn an honest living.

Okey dokie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

jos28 wrote: »
    Return to lower level restrictions for the month of December :rolleyes:
    Return to lockdown by the end of January:mad:

I don't think that's inevitable. I think cases will inevitably rise after Christmas but lot will depend on number of cases going into December. It's in all our control really to try get cases down as much as possible.

rob316 wrote: »
    There is no ****in difference between 4 and 5

No there's not but it would be easing of restrictions even if you could travel within your country

I can't see them going level five down to level three or two

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

5 minutes before press conference:

Leo "try..."the road goes ever on..."
    Mehole " that sounds familiar?"
    Leo " eh...how about "you shall not move...eh from home..."
    Mehole "umm"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Great idea but can't see Tony and NPHET going for that

Tony is going to kill Xmas . He will go from school to school telling each child the truth about santa claus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I think that's the idea why they are doing this, give us a normal 5/6 weeks Christmas period.

Not a hope,We will be lucky if they open up a few retail shops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

ddarcy wrote: »
    Is also for the richest 10 pct in society. A severe own goal of they allow it.

Oh for crying out loud :rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Greece allowing fans back in their staduims and we can't go 5k from our house. Says it all really. We are a ****en joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Eod100 wrote: »
    I don't think that's inevitable. I think cases will inevitably rise after Christmas but lot will depend on number of cases going into December. It's in all our control really to try get cases down as much as possible.

If only everyone had the same attitude we wouldn't be in this mess now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I think this review after 4 weeks is nuts. Just do it for 6 weeks and get it over with.

I think that releasing the restrictions back to level 3 or whatever, BEFORE Christmas is going to skyrocket the numbers again.....?
    I'd say that's to see if the schools need closing as well before the six weeks if tre numbers are not getting better. Hard to see that not being inevitable.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Tony is going to kill Xmas . He will go from school to school telling each child the truth about santa claus

Ha I laughed at that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    No there's not but it would be easing of restrictions even if you could travel within your country
    I can't see them going level five down to level three or two

That would mean non essential retail gone for December also...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

Tbh I don’t want a normal or near normal Christmas if the hangover is another Level 4/5 lockdown in January. January is bad enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Do you really think the Xmas period will be normal? If restrictions are lifted to the extent of a Level 2 in the Xmas period January to February will be another lockdown without doubt. It's a long term pain for a short term gain.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So positive cases are up(as we're doing more testing now) - if we were testing this much back in March, April do people think we would have the same positive cases back then, lessor more?

Way way more.

Positivity in Ireland in March and April was at 20% at one stage.

Our testing criteria was ridiculously tight, needing to have at least two symptoms. (And even then, they weren't testing everyone)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Will this be on RTÉ NEWS channel or just on RTÉ One does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is leaky Leo going on Claire Byrne tonight?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

odyssey06 wrote: »
    That would mean non essential retail gone for December also...

True but I can't see them going from level five down to three or two

Not with how risk adverse NPHET and the government are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

Necro wrote: »
    Way way more.

Positivity in Ireland in March and April was at 20% at one stage.

Our testing criteria was ridiculously tight, needing to have at least two symptoms. (And even then, they weren't testing everyone)

I assume that they’ve factored that into their model.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

jos28 wrote: »
    If only everyone had the same attitude we wouldn't be in this mess now.

I think most do thankfully, can understand fatigue and complacency setting it. Plus gets to point with high transmission that people will still get it even if doing their best. Restrictions hopefully will help us try get it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭peterofthebr

What about elderly parents...will we we need to start shopping for them again? (will this new restriction ask them to cocoon)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jams100

Eod100 wrote: »

I personally think it nearly a certainty we'll be back to hundreds of cases by mid January. Just think of all the busy shops then people going over to family at Christmas and all that it entails (alcohol). F**king fed up with it all at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,172 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Will car mechanics be open next week?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement