Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

https://twitter.com/grahamneary/status/1318262666322993152?s=21

Is this true? That the forecast models NPHET are using aren’t taking T cell immunity into consideration and assuming just 1.7% of us got infected in wave one? Also assuming that they only missed 2/3 cases in April. What huge assumptions to make. More dubious evidence provided to justify this farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Tony is going to kill Xmas . He will go from school to school telling each child the truth about santa claus

I'd say Varadkar would love the Scrooge role tbh. He said Tiny Tim should get a job! :pac:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

jos28 wrote: »
    There's a house renovation going on beside me and there is no way those lads are stopping at this stage.
    There's one going on around me. Going from energy rating of D2 to A3. We have our windows in, we have cold water and electricity including solar panel. We now have heating. They are due to be doing the floors this week and the walls/painting maybe next week. After that we have to transport our belongings 200km - I would say a bed is "essential", but I have been sleeping on a mattress for the past month...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

They should just let Danny Healy-Rae make the announcement.

You never know, he could surprise you.

fredrickwood.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

I stand here before you on this wet October evening, not as a politician but as a father, a brother, an uncle and most importantly I stand here before you as an Irishman.

What I ask of you all this evening is unfair, deeply challenging and heartbreaking

But I must ask you to make the biggest of all sacrifices

...we have been through so much already...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

jams100 wrote: »
    I personally think it nearly a certainty we'll be back to hundreds of cases by mid January. Just think of all the busy shops then people going over to family at Christmas and all that it entails (alcohol). F**king fed up with it all at this stage.

And still then those of us isolating doing our best, who have everything taken away, will be told by big Tony and Mihole that we 'must do better.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

It's at moments like this i miss Donald trump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

jams100 wrote: »
    I personally think it nearly a certainty we'll be back to hundreds of cases by mid January. Just think of all the busy shops then people going over to family at Christmas and all that it entails (alcohol). F**king fed up with it all at this stage.

I can’t see how this won’t happen. If the lockdown is eased in December people are going to go mad shopping, drinking, the works! There’ll be a feeling of we’ve earned it & we deserve a good Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I stand here before you on this wet October evening, not as a politician but as a father, a brother, an uncle and most importantly I stand here before you as an Irishman.

What I ask of you all this evening is unfair, deeply challenging and heartbreaking

But I must ask you to make the biggest of all sacrifices

...we have been through so much already...

Is he gonna take a 50% pay cut during all this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I visited the home of an elderly couple this evening, not related to me. They both told me they are sick of all this lockdown bull**** and they've booked flights away for a holiday. Who could blame them?

• Advertisement

Is this true? That the forecast models NPHET are using aren’t taking T cell immunity into consideration and assuming just 1.7% of us got infected in wave one? Also assuming that they only missed 2/3 cases in April. What huge assumptions to make. More dubious evidence provided to justify this farce.

It's always finance lads with these twitter threads. I'll trust the epidemiologists I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Jaysus Virgin media, we get it already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

You never know, he could surprise you.

fredrickwood.jpg

Wow. What a pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The 1.7% is true, they're using the SCOPI experiment the HPSC did. A farce of a research project, to be fair. 30 people had antibodies and they used that tiny sample size as their basis for judging seroprevalence in Ireland. Laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

Like superbowl break time for RTE here

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

post link to livestram
    Pokemaine can figure out livestreaming but the prime minister can't

• Registered Users Posts: 39,873 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

GazzaL wrote: »
    I visited the home of an elderly couple this evening, not related to me. They both told me they are sick of all this lockdown bull**** and they've booked flights away for a holiday. Who could blame them?

Nobody can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Eod100 wrote: »
    I think most do thankfully, can understand fatigue and complacency setting it. Plus gets to point with high transmission that people will still get it even if doing their best. Restrictions hopefully will help us try get it down.

Thanks, just feeling a bit despondent this evening. Finding it hard to locate the positivity button

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

That lad has that's hes a stock market investor and commentator on his Twitter.

When you need to go to the GP, do you to the local credit union?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

growleaves wrote: »
    assume makes an ass of u and me

😉 Philip Nolan covered it on Twitter recently.

• Advertisement

Is leaky Leo going on Claire Byrne tonight?

Not a chance. He will be in hiding. Let Martin do the press and Donnelly and CMO do press conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thank god the GAA championships are going ahead.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

titan18 wrote: »
    That lad has that's hes a stock market investor and commentator on his Twitter.

When you need to go to the GP, do you to the local credit union?
    He's not wrong. The SCOPI experiment is a farce.

I always thought lockdown was a one time shot, and after that you depend on every other measure possible to control the spread (primarily test, trace and isolate, combined with masks, distancing and hygiene).

Worried buy in won't be the same for this as first time round and I can't blame people really. It's complete sh!t for all the businesses and workers I've seen that have gone above and beyond to keep their customers and workplaces safe.

Anyway, I suppose one glimmer of hope is that at the end of the six weeks we should know a lot more about the initial vaccine hopes. I'm going to try and ignore this thread for the next while, not great for the blood pressure. Will keep an eye on the vaccine thread for an occasional fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I wish to talk to you this evening about the state of the nation’s affairs and the picture I have to paint is not, unfortunately, a very cheerful one

• Registered Users Posts: 39,873 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Tzardine wrote: »
    Wow. What a pro.

“The bucket, the throne, and the giddy up” I believe were one of the great lines from that poet and he’ll make as much sense as the Taoiseach. Also, don’t forget the spla. They are apparently mad for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

DSC-0310.jpg

A group of about 20 students outside the fine wines in Singland in Limerick. Not 1 mask amongst them and I could hear them mentioning house parties. It's pricks like this that have us heading into this level 5 crap..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Rte news may contain bad language

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

I want to see some clear facts figures and assumptions here that this is based on.

Not more "the next 6 weeks are crucial" and "it's all in our hands" bolox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

jojofizzio wrote: »

Okay,I did leave that part out...point is he’s playing hardball with the powers that be,I couldn’t see anyone here standing up to the government in that fashion

Hardball of more money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement