Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,364 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

5KM limit, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,355 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

GazzaL wrote: »
    I visited the home of an elderly couple this evening, not related to me. They both told me they are sick of all this lockdown bull**** and they've booked flights away for a holiday. Who could blame them?

And the only underlying condition they suffer from is fictitiousness

Eh countryside? No street lights within 5km? Next week class I’ll explain what it’s like to live out in the sticks.

I go for a run first thing in the morning before work and again after work and live in the middle of the sticks. Good head torch and a highviz is all you need, apart from the usual running gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,873 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I wish to talk to you this evening about the state of the nation’s affairs and the picture I have to paint is not, unfortunately, a very cheerful one

Who said that in the past ? Is that from Charles haughty ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

GazzaL wrote: »
    I visited the home of an elderly couple this evening, not related to me. They both told me they are sick of all this lockdown bull**** and they've booked flights away for a holiday. Who could blame them?

Amazing all these old people telling you the same thing Walter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

DSC-0310.jpg

A group of about 20 students outside the fine wines in Singland in Limerick. Not 1 mask amongst them and I could hear them mentioning house parties. It's pricks like this that have us heading into this level 5 crap..
    Have you nothing better to be doing other than taking pictures of students standing outside having a chat?

"I could hear them mentioning house parties". You heard that while inside your car?

Get a life. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,664 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

The fact that the weather will be a lot worse than during the earlier lockdown will help with people adhering to the restrictions, certainly won't see the type of crowds we saw at beaches.

The_Brood wrote: »
    No. If you are for schools opened at this point you want the economy to suffer and you want cases to go up. Schools are exactly how the virus spreads. There is no debate. This is proven.

I am sure you will have no problem providing this proof that schools are driving spread.

And a million kids at home is hundreds of thousands of doctors nurses paramedics factory workers food chain employees delivery drivers etc etc that cannot go to work. This has far greater social and economic impact than barbers gyms and beauty salons bars and restaurants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KennisWhale

DSC-0310.jpg

A group of about 20 students outside the fine wines in Singland in Limerick. Not 1 mask amongst them and I could hear them mentioning house parties. It's pricks like this that have us heading into this level 5 crap..

Hard man keyboard warrior. Good man you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

titan18 wrote: »
    That lad has that's hes a stock market investor and commentator on his Twitter.

When you need to go to the GP, do you to the local credit union?

So that means he’s good with numbers. Do you think only medical people can analyse the data? I’ve been looking for some evidence as to why Ireland are doing this. Cannot find other forecast models or evidence - they should be out there for the public to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Poorside wrote: »
    The fact that the weather will be a lot worse than during the earlier lockdown will help with people adhering to the restrictions, certainly won't see the type of crowds we saw at beaches.

No we will just see groups of people crying in their gardens in the rain instead

• Registered Users Posts: 82,364 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Close the schools, close the colleges if you want this lockdown to be worth it in destroying the economy for 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Is there a link for the conference

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

So that means he’s good with numbers. Do you think only medical people can analyse the data? I’ve been looking for some evidence as to why Ireland are doing this. Cannot find other forecast models or evidence - they should be out there for the public to see.

I'm a data analyst at a healthcare company. Technically, I'm more qualified to give analysis than that guy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭Shelga

The 5km thing is what gets to me. Feels very cabin fever-y very fast with that kind of arbitrary restriction. Also, I don't care about schools. I mean, I care about them in that I recognise the need for our little darlings to get their education, but I don't really care. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

And the only underlying condition they suffer from is fictitiousness

I have no idea what health conditions they do or do not have, I don't know them personally. But what I posted is 100% factual.

Close the schools, close the colleges if you want this lockdown to be worth it in destroying the economy for 6 weeks.
    Send an email they might hear you faster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

She's wasted as minister
    Need to get her up to tanaiste

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

DSC-0310.jpg

Nope try again. There are pricks in every single country, massive amounts of pricks. If your strategy for society is "unless everyone stops being a prick right now, we will destroy the entire economy and ruin countless of people's lives" - then you are a piece of flaming s hit. Which is exactly what this government is.

You tackle pricks not by blindly hoping they will all stop being pricks - you tackle them with enforcement powers for gardai to slam them down on the ground, arrest them, and throw them in a jail cell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KennisWhale

Poorside wrote: »

To be honest I think people are more likely going to have people over to their houses rather than meeting them outside. This is based on my observation that those that don't follow restrictions won't start following them now. The restrictions just seem to punish those that adhere to them.

Also, airports not closed; this makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

DSC-0310.jpg

Scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

biglebowski-dance.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Taoiseach learning from Leo about arriving late for speeches!

All Eyes On Rafah

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm a data analyst at a healthcare company. Technically, I'm more qualified to give analysis than that guy
    If you are a data analyst and you believe the SCOPI experiment is a good basis for modelling then you are stealing a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Here she is now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Here we go. Big dramatic entrance....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Here's Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

If we are good lads, we can go from 5k to 10k after 4 weeks. Something to hope for. Go away and **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Here comes the big man now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement