Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Schools closed by mid November

Can't wait for the endless Ms Teams calls with the kids screaming in the next room.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,877 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

JimToken wrote: »
    Once in a generation speech this
    We have had about 3 similar speeches in the past few months..

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

polesheep wrote: »
    If any of those kids were mine I'd come after you with a 2x4. As it stands, I hope some of them come after you with a solicitor. They have no masks on because they are outside and you have no evidence whatsoever of what they were saying to each other. Christ! Is this what Iteland has come to?

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

Absolute nonsense. Schools are riddled with it. They're shuttering businesses that haven't had a single case. Businesses and the self-employed should keep operating once they can safely do so. It's every man for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Martin decided against the initial lockdown so he could get 2 weeks to practice his speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Circus is in town. Meehole ouit of his league. Xmas is shagged. Eejits talking about buying a private hospital after commiting to billions on an overrun on the private hospital. Big queues outside Smyths.......you couldnt make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭dmc17

fritzelly wrote: »
    Speaking well for a change instead of the stuttering he normally does

That's why he didn't go for level 5 two weeks ago. He needed time to practice the speech!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,987 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Speaking well doesn’t mean the words mean anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Must be using Leo's PR trainers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

We are no longer living in a free and democratic country. NPHET have siezed control of the state. It is time for insurrection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

dmc17 wrote: »
    That's why he didn't go for level 5 two weeks ago. He needed time to practice the speech!

I think he is reading it.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

5km is what really has got to me too. Bringing my little one to a non crowded beach to run around on a cold dry day really lifts our spirits... But it's 8km away... What danger of covid spread is there in that especially now the summer temperatures are gone there will be no crowds...

Just go . I will obey all restrictions except this one.

Where I go for a walk in a forest is 8km away also but I will still go. Walking in open air and keeping well away from people carries zero risk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Tbf he had since Friday two weeks ago to learn his speech.

Hilariously that was three other posters' responses as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,326 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

We're going to L5, but not closing the schools?

That sounds kinda silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

polesheep wrote: »
    If any of those kids were mine I'd come after you with a 2x4. As it stands, I hope some of them come after you with a solicitor. They have no masks on because they are outside and you have no evidence whatsoever of what they were saying to each other. Christ! Is this what Iteland has come to?

Hahaha. Why would they come after me with a solicitor? For taking photos in a public space. You'll need a cherry picker to get down off of your high horse the way you're going..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The shops are going to be rammed full tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

We are no longer living in a free and democratic country. NPHET have siezed control of the state. It is time for insurrection.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,987 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

He doesn’t understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

:confused:
    The bubble doesn't sound terribly practical!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tony EH wrote: »

That sounds kinda silly.

I hope the unions strike for the laugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Take a valium there or something dude.

Schools closed by mid November

I hope you are right, it feels a bit like we are running the gauntlet at the minute. There is a GAA footballer who is a teacher near my nephew's school. Apparently he has tested positive, and now some of the kids from the 2 front rows of the class are positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

GazzaL wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense. Schools are riddled with it. They're shuttering businesses that haven't had a single case. Businesses and the self-employed should keep operating once they can safely do so. It's every man for themselves.

Yes they are - some argue they are not.

Sure the HSE wont test anyone, kids in a class are not seen as close contacts of a teacher.(In my brothers case)

The data set is simply not complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,746 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

GazzaL wrote: »

He mentioned earlier about not wanting to go down the herd immunity road yet they are taking that very approach with the schools and additionally the testing criteria in schools doesn't match any other single workplace in the country when an infection is confirmed, crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Tony EH wrote: »

That sounds kinda silly.

Plan was always to keep schools open at level 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Great, he said if we pull together.
    That's us fücked so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

His weakness and defeatist is clearly evident.......get him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

It'll be lonely this christmas with you, Micheal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

"Just 6 weeks"
    is that a pisstake?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement