Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

People standing in supermarket queues in the wind and rain will all end up dying with colds, extended lockdown after that.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

We are no longer living in a free and democratic country. NPHET have siezed control of the state. It is time for insurrection.

A Medical Dictatorship

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hope he finishes with a song

°°°°°

Always look on the bright side of life?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

He sounds like a ****ing priest giving a sermon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,953 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So to clarify midnight Wednesday means 00:00:01 October 21st?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

nullzero wrote: »
    People standing in supermarket queues in the wind and rain will all end up dying with colds, extended lockdown after that.

Queue for Pennys tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,746 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The shops are going to be rammed full tomorrow.

Off-Licences will be like Holy Thursday, completely cleared out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

They really should have brought these restrictions in for 12 tonight. Tomorrow will be an utter sh1tshow in shops, off licenses and retail outlets.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Nope just some unintelligible ****e in Irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Will a quote as Gaeilge do ya??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Did he actually say we are moving to level 5 - fell asleep

°°°°°

Always look on the bright side of life?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

To be honest, while he's not a great speaker, that's probably the best one of those he's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Why wouldnt he take questions ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Remember when the enlightened on here were saying there would never be another national lockdown and anyone that disagrees was publicly abused on this forum.
    It’s nice to value other people’s opinions once in a while even if you don’t agree with that opinion.

Anyway, looks like lockdown until numbers drop, open up, numbers go up, lockdown again all the way until 70% global exposure via vaccine or infection like what was said back in February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

In going to say a prayer to St Christopher tonite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Nice little hop and a skip near the top of the stairs. Was hoping he might break into double step taking but can't have everything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Tzardine wrote: »
    I don't like the man much and would not vote for him. But I don't doubt for a second that he is working around the clock and actually trying his best.

I would say he is banjaxed.

Also don't forget he was in Brussels having to listen to Johnston and Grove

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

So all the information given in fifteen minutes: everything is closed for six weeks from Thursday, construction is considered essential work, schools are vital, Christmas will be hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

George Lee in the background be warned

• Registered Users Posts: 82,746 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could they not do something nice like drop a free bottle of whiskey to each house every Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,131 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

What movie was that speech from

• Registered Users Posts: 19,326 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Tzardine wrote: »
    Plan was always to keep schools open at level 5.

That still doesn't make it any less silly. Our uptick in cases coincided with the schools reopening. Hard to believe that that isn't having any affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

polesheep wrote: »
    If any of those kids were mine I'd come after you with a 2x4. As it stands, I hope some of them come after you with a solicitor. They have no masks on because they are outside and you have no evidence whatsoever of what they were saying to each other. Christ! Is this what Iteland has come to?
    Tony EH wrote: »
    We're going to L5, but not closing the schools?

That sounds kinda silly.

Teacher here. Personally, I think they are right to keep the schools open. At least when they are in school with us we have them far more socially distanced than their poor parents would, trying to keep them at home and on task while having to WFH at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

Can I go trick or treating if I wear a mask, scary of course, keep within the 5km limit and stay 2m away from your front door?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Arghus wrote: »
    To be honest, while he's not a great speaker, that's probably the best one of those he's done.

Agree. But no one cares about that, just looking at what the rules are now.

The messenger is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,877 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Off-Licences will be like Holy Thursday, completely cleared out.
    Why?
    Off licenses are still going to be open....

Clothes shops might be mental busy though, I was in town Sunday and they were the ones with queues

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Yes they are - some argue they are not.

Sure the HSE wont test anyone, kids in a class are not seen as close contacts of a teacher.(In my brothers case)

The data set is simply not complete.

Aye sitting next to someone who tests positive, while wearing a mask, doesn't count as a close contact according to the HSE. Also my Son's secondary school has had 2 cases in the last week, both kids were off sick on the Friday and tested positive on the Monday and that according to the HSE means no transmission was likely in the school. That's a joke, if the kid was sick enough to be off sick on the Friday then he was sick enough to pass Covid-19 on to others at the school, they also ignore playground interactions for some reason even though the kids are maskless on the playground and shouting, playing etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

nullzero wrote: »

Wind and rain don't cause Colds or 'flu though, they are passed from person to person....just like Covid19.
    In enclosed spaces at close contact,hot,poorly ventilated rooms.
    Will the association of getting cold causing people to get colds and flu never die?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement