Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

JimToken wrote: »
    He was atrocious

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

tom1ie wrote: »
    Remember when the enlightened on here were saying there would never be another national lockdown and anyone that disagrees was publicly abused on this forum.
    It’s nice to value other people’s opinions once in a while even if you don’t agree with that opinion.

Anyway, looks like lockdown until numbers drop, open up, numbers go up, lockdown again all the way until 70% global exposure via vaccine or infection like what was said back in February.

I said there wouldn't be a lockdown. I genuinely believed it would never happen again because I believed we wouldn't let it happen. Obviously I was wrong and I hold my hands up to that. But I certainly never abused anyone for thinking otherwise. What is this forum without a difference of opinions?
    The whole thing is so bloody sad and depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 82,363 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

gmisk wrote: »
    I am on it now looking at level 5 restrictions seems grand.

Boards.ie is falling on its ass a tad though...

Working now for me too, looks like off-licences hours untouched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Midnight Wednesday I assume is 23:59 on Wednesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

NIMAN wrote: »
    George is loving this.

He is so important and relevant again . I'd say he's hoping none of the vaccines work.

He licks his lips any day the case numbers are up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Any word on whos getting grilled on Claire byrne later?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,172 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

It would have been good if MM admitted that the government and the HSE sat on their hands all summer and did not increase ICU capacity in anticipation of an onslaught of Covid & flu this winter.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Hahaha. Why would they come after me with a solicitor? For taking photos in a public space. You'll need a cherry picker to get down off of your high horse the way you're going..

No problem taking pictures in a public place. Making slanderous comments about identifiable people in the picture is another matter, as I hope you will find out.

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Does NCT remain open?

They construct reports

So yes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Tony EH wrote: »
    That still doesn't make it any less silly. Our uptick in cases coincided with the schools reopening. Hard to believe that that isn't having any affect.

and college students going back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Some cheese toasty from FF no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Donnelly.

Leo MIA tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Why would anyone want to watch even more of this doom and gloom today?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭majcos

@polesheep Quote ‘They have no masks on because they are outside’

Should not be congregating in groups even if outside and if standing that close to someone outside, risk is lower but still need to have a mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,363 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Does NCT remain open?

Yes website says fully operational and was updated tonight....
    20 Oct 2020 COVID 19 Update: All NCT centres are fully operational and customers should attend for their scheduled appointment as arranged. Those who are more vulnerable or those affected by the travel restrictions in their area are advised to contact the NCTS on 01 4135992 (Monday to Friday) to arrange an alternative appointment, free of any cancellation/rearrangement fees.

https://www.ncts.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Six weeks to save Santa, utter bollix . Lockdown Mark lll in January/February.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

is_that_so wrote: »

I’d like to know the actual restrictions, nothing is clear imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Hoboo wrote: »
    That's nice. My mam is ****ting herself every day going in. Has pretty bad asthma and the wrong side of 60, she wouldn't stand a chance. But once parents don't have to be parents it's all good.

I am sorry about your mum. That must indeed be very frightening for her.

I will start by saying I'm not a parent. But in fairness to parents, their entire schedules work around school. If there is no school, they can't work. Teachers don't like that because they think it makes them 'glorified childminders' but that is how it is. We are an essential service.

Something has to be done for people such as your mother though. Can she speak with her principal? I hope for her sake she doesnt work for an ETB. Would she consider getting signed off by a doctor? We are entitled to sick leave just like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Why?

Because he's 2 weeks late for a start.

I hope he finishes with a song
    nullzero wrote: »
    Always look on the bright side of life?
    Okay, that made me laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

What's the social bubble thing that he mentioned?

people who are living alone, or parenting alone, may pair with one other household in a "support bubble.

Can I go and visit my great great granny and my grand niece?

They live 5.1 km away from me?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I wonder do the bubbles extend to carers? It's feckin tough going alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Benimar wrote: »
    Donnelly.

Leo MIA tonight.

Leo has a prior engagement. He wishes he could be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Simon Donnelly.....I'd say he is limbering up to stick his foot in his mouth as we speak...

Stephen even...as you can see he has made a big impression since taking over health

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

is_that_so wrote: »

OcChO1u4eKcV.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I understand the reasons for the new restrictions, trying to suppress the virus before we move into the Christmas period. I get that but none of this makes sense. The spread of the virus is occurring outside of the businesses that have been ordered to close. The spread of the virus is occurring
    - after matches and people congregating in crowds after games
    - house parties and house gatherings
    - schools

The businesses with restrictions is non essential retail and other services (did I hear that one right?), and outdoor dining is now also banned.

For fcuk sake. None of this makes sense.

I was on board before and I will continue to follow the guidelines but this new lockdown is nothing but sh1te. I don't think this will help with the numbers of cases too. The games will continue, the house parties will continue, the schools will continue to be open - all encouraging the spread of the virus.

My god!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

thomas 123 wrote: »
    I’d like to know the actual restrictions, nothing is clear imo.
    Not happening till Thursday anyway and gov.ie is a better source.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭appledrop

gmisk wrote: »
    The government saves Christmas...

Sounds like an awful film...I wouldn't go to see it in any cinema...if any cinema was ever to open back up...

Yea its the sequel to 'The government saves Summer' + we all now how that ended. We listened to Leo like fools when he told us summer wasn't over + we might be able to travel abroad for holidays. It was all a pack of lies + people are fools of they swallow it this time.

Christmas will not be saved because there is no way numbers will drop enough during period given over 1 million people will still be mixing in schools, creches etc.

Its a S**tshow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Six weeks to save Santa, utter bollix . Lockdown Mark lll in January/February.

We will be locking down again in the new year. Anyone thinking otherwise is nuts. Without a vaccine, this is the cycle.

I hope we don’t get to the end of this and have people saying “well we didn’t get rid of it so we failed.”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement