Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

So the meat factories are staying open?

Please tell me this is some sick joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

It would have been good if MM admitted that the government and the HSE sat on their hands all summer and did not increase ICU capacity in anticipation of an onslaught of Covid & flu this winter.
    You would think Nostradamus Holohan would thave insisted on this way back. He was quick enough to recommend lockdown.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

So he basically just said do this for 6 weeks and they'll row back on the 1st. Sounded fairly set in stone with his mention of a half decent Christmas but by god he's an awful public speaker.

Has to be a fair reopening?? All sectors to level 2??

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Spiderman0081

So nothing on fines or enforcement. Great
    I thought he said there is no law that can stop the virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

So are we back to closing DIY stores?

What about groceries that have a clothes section? Can the clothes section open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

majcos wrote: »
    Going to Level 5 doesn’t stop non Covid treatments. It’s the opposite - one of the factors in deciding to go to Level 5 is to protect hospitals from having to cancel non Covid treatments.

Did not hear that bit but thank god that was

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jaysus Christ.

First in Europe to back into lockdown.
    Get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Very very dangerous not closing schools down. If this watered down L5 doesn't work and cases remain to rise because of the schools Xmas trade will also be lost as measures will be extended.

Schools are closed next week anyway. I don't see the problem with seeing how it goes for a couple of weeks, they can always make the decision if things aren't going the way we hoped. Schools alone are only one small part of the spread and aren't going to be a problem on their own.

Do you have kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Very very dangerous not closing schools down. If this watered down L5 doesn't work and cases remain to rise because of the schools Xmas trade will also be lost as measures will be extended.

The data apparently says otherwise. The government and NPHET are both claiming that. I’ve been sceptical but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. The next 6 weeks will show it up if they’re wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What are they waiting on? Why didn't they sit through the night and get it done?
    Well if the bill ain't written it can't be debated nor voted on. Takes time to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

So nothing on fines or enforcement. Great
    The rte blog says fines for going outside the 5kms unless for essential purposes or work.

The 25 percent on public transport will be a disaster I would think...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭jackboy

Tandey wrote: »

They have herd immunity.

Get it

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Understand cavan numbers zoomed up due to a GAA rematch, its good GAA matches are now stopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

I thought he said there is no law that can stop the virus

When it 'spreads it spreads' he said

Whatever that means

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

25 at a wedding but 10 at a funeral??

Is that a sick twisted joke??????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

A gutless farce.
    Gaa to continue.
    Lock down us gombeens and leave the gaa travel the country.
    Fcukin jokeshop the whole fcukin lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

So he basically just said do this for 6 weeks and they'll row back on the 1st. Sounded fairly set in stone with his mention of a half decent Christmas but by god he's an awful public speaker.

There's a lot to go our way for it to work, I can't see it working with current appraoch unless they hand out fines and people actually believe they will get them. You would need to be at sub 200 cases on 1st December to have any hope of being able to hit Christmas without going in to major lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Tandey wrote: »

Their Essential right... we need burgers to live

jackboy wrote: »
    They have herd immunity.

Get it

I’ve herd it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Leo nowhere near as assured as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Poor Leo going to get slaughtered tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Get in there.
    I thought other places have gone back into lockdowns? Italy, Spain etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Golfman64

But can we play golf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

MikeSoys wrote: »
    Understand cavan numbers zoomed up due to a GAA rematch, its good GAA matches are now stopping

Someone dropped a penny down a rabbit hole and they dived in after it

Sur you know what they're like up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

They really should have closed the schools if they want to give a level 5 lockdown the best chance of getting numbers under control.

Poor Leo going to get slaughtered tonight

Well if he does the meat factories are open and would accept him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

I have a security system booked for installation on Wednesday in my house...am I **** out of luck? It's not a painting a room or something, I need it!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Get in there.

Europe, we have the harshest lockdowm in the world from Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Jaysus Christ.

Bettter be a pub at the top of this mountain. Eamon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

tom1ie wrote: »
    Remember when the enlightened on here were saying there would never be another national lockdown and anyone that disagrees was publicly abused on this forum.
    It’s nice to value other people’s opinions once in a while even if you don’t agree with that opinion.

Anyway, looks like lockdown until numbers drop, open up, numbers go up, lockdown again all the way until 70% global exposure via vaccine or infection like what was said back in February.

It's not a national lockdown. Schools, Construction work, manufacturing factorys still open. Hotels open. Weddings allowed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement