Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Eamon stands and waits

• Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Happy4all wrote: »
    They really should have closed the schools if they want to give a level 5 lockdown the best chance of getting numbers under control.

The problem here is if it is all the schools will they not just zoom up after they come back then what

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭alentejo

Good God Clare Byrne show is awful tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

Arghus wrote: »
    Bottom line is the government should have listened two weeks ago. The preparations that supposedly held this up could have been devised over the last fortnight, even if the lockdown was in place. It was as clear as day where we were heading.

The decision 2 weeks ago, in light of circumstances and evidence at the time was absolutely the correct one.

Dublin was in fact coming down at that time.

In the run in to that weekend the daily infection rates in Dublin were 192/176/165/159.

Why would anyone go from level 3 to level 5 with no notice?

It’s very easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

Arghus wrote: »
    Bottom line is the government should have listened two weeks ago. The preparations that supposedly held this up could have been devised over the last fortnight, even if the lockdown was in place. It was as clear as day where we were heading.

The decision 2 weeks ago, in light of circumstances and evidence at the time was absolutely the correct one.

In the run in to that weekend the daily infection rates in Dublin were 192/176/165/159.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭circadian

Cloudflare kicking in. Site must be getting hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

MikeSoys wrote: »
    Will off-licence be closing? .. No seriously its a real question

No, this kills the alcoholics

• Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Only if they travel with a letter from their boss
    Satan?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They really must be the only ones who believe in the 6 week miracle!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Am I reading this wrong or did they forget food shopping in the 5 km rule?
    • Essential purposes for travel (permitted outside 5k limit)
    • travel to and from work, where work involves providing an essential service (see below)
    • to attend medical appointments and collect medicines and other health products
    • for vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, and in particular for those who live alone, as part of an extended household but excluding social family visits
    • to attend a wedding or funeral
    • for farming purposes i.e. food production and/or care of animals
    • to visit a grave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KennisWhale

Data from level 3 would only be emerging from the last few days as it isn't even 2 weeks in effect. I get the feeling they are trying to cover up the schools and the link to the increased spread caused by them. This lockdown will be in effect for 2 weeks, 1 of the weeks schools are closed anyway so it will be the ignorant or sly who say "See, we lockdowned society and cases decreased, it wasn't the schools, it was the rest of you". Patronising and controlling baby boomer doomer mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Halloween in less than 2 weeks, fun times.

Scary....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Nphet letter predicts 50 daily cases by Christmas after six-week lockdown.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IrishTimesPol/status/1318292471835602949

Interesting to see if it works out.

It will prove schools aren't the problem if it's only 50 cases a day by xmas.

I really can’t see us being at 50 cases a day in six weeks with schools still open

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

As long as the gaa is let continue they should be told to fcuk right off with their level 5 waffle.
    Fcukin paddywhackery of the highest order the lot of it.
    Fcukin varadgar doesn’t even know what day the lockdown starts the fcukin waffler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Level 4 didn't work in Cavan? They haven't given it much time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Will Yam wrote: »

Completely disagree. The proof is where we are now - virus numbers have risen and risen and risen. It was completely the wrong decision that they made.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭patsman07

I have a feeling in two weeks time just before the schools are due back from midterm, is when they'll announce schools are to close.

I really can't see the kids going back after the midterm, maybe until after Christmas.

Dunno, government have put a lot of political capital into keeping them open.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Schools are a good news story

Right

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭PhantomHat

alentejo wrote: »
    Good God Clare Byrne show is awful tonight

She must be in her element

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

I've never seen this McConkey bloke before. He's practically buzzing over this. Cretin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

spookwoman wrote: »
    Give over with the Christmas is canceled. Nothing stopping people putting up decorations, buying gifts and stuffing themselves with Turkey and booze. Can still lay there farting, belching and snoring after the feed.

Christmas for most people is more that a turkey dinner. Its about the office parties, the pubs, the drinking, the meeting friends that have also come home, its the bringing of extended family together.

Even at 50 cases a day, that's not happening. We need to be honest with ourselves.

And we also need to be honest about why this is happening here - Maybe its cultural with the "ah shur be grand attitude", but its simply because there are a large minority, or maybe even a majority now that think themselves exempt, above it. And the result is that those that are willing to make the sacrifices will be effectively asked to double down for those that won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I have an exam for work next week, would that be deemed essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I really can’t see us being at 50 cases a day in six weeks with schools still open

And kids running wild in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Tandey wrote: »
    So if we have a funeral during a wedding is it ok to have 35 attend?

Type of question that would keep me awake at night. I’d almost die wondering in fact.

4 Weddings and a funerals that's 115 right there

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

GAA still continuing after all the crap they've caused yet small businesses having to close down. Yeah this seems fair and well thought out.
    This is an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE. I have had no problem with the measures all along, but this is beyond idiotic. Have they learned nothing. Even childrens training can go ahead, which means groups of parents being able to meet up. Inter-county championships can go ahead, even though these were the very events that caused so many clusters in communites.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

spookwoman wrote: »
    Give over with the Christmas is canceled. Nothing stopping people putting up decorations, buying gifts and stuffing themselves with Turkey and booze. Can still lay there farting, belching and snoring after the feed.

Not if you live alone no, for me it's the only day of the year all my family sit down together for dinner. Going be tough on grandparents

• Registered Users Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭secman

Akabusi wrote: »
    You'll be fined if you can't remember one of the loopholes for going beyond 5km

Must recite the loopholes in my sleep, on the jacks, driving the car, recite..recite..recite.

I was visiting a grave ..... yeeeeeees

The new toilet paper is..... laurels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Will Yam wrote: »

No it wasn’t - NEPHET are the people we pay advise on health.

Interpretation and opinion from unqualified people(TD’S) should not have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭alentejo

peasant wrote: »
    Am I reading this wrong or did they forget food shopping in the 5 km rule?

Must visit a random grave in Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

A school in North Kerry closed today due to pupils coming in from homes with positive cases and not informing the school.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement