Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Akabusi wrote: »
    Level 4 didn't work in Cavan? They haven't given it much time

Sure if level four didn’t work level 5 won’t either. Level 4 is just level 5 with fairy lights on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Must organise a few weddings over next few weeks, keep the hotels going

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Bubbles...
    Here we go. Can carers bubble?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Happy4all wrote: »
    Thank god I still have a few tins of paint in the shed. I can give the place a freshen up, must by five months since it was last painted.

Paint it Yellow to match the weather warning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Well thank you to all the selfish ba$tards who decided to have large gatherings, holidays in hot spots not quarantining, meet ups and parties which have driven up positive cases and put major pressure on the health care workers and hospitals leading us now to level 5 lockdown coming up to Christmas, what is needed is damn strict enforcement, arrests, fines, curfews etc., give the Gardai more power and if needed get the army on board to help too

+1 to this. I followed the guidelines from the start but some selfish arseholes only ever thought about themselves driving up the spread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 galtsdrift

Advice, please. Am I able to drop someone from the south to Belfast Airport on Wednesday? They need to get home to their family before the lockdown and Belfast will get them to London

I have southern plates on my car too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This will backfire on them i think, people have enough. Fairly even split on here on these restrictions. People will break these restrictions and I don't really blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

My outdoor exercise class which is always socially distanced & keeps me sane gone. GAA going ahead. Great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'm not trying to be smart but unless you took Ryan's suggestion to grow lettuce it's a given food shopping is essential. Prehaps though don't drive from Dingle to Dublin to buy a speciality cheese.

Not trying to be smart either, but a document that has umpteen paragraphs and sub-paragraphs to spell out every little possible detail might just mention that the nervous Nellies holed up in the country somewhere are indeed allowed to cross the 5km threshold to go to a decent food shop without being fined ...

i.e ...they did forget to mention it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Akabusi wrote: »
    Level 4 didn't work in Cavan? They haven't given it much time

Level 4 is working just Dandy in Cavan. Who says its not working?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

alentejo wrote: »
    Good God Clare Byrne show is awful tonight

She is highly overrated IMO. And no need for this either tonight.

Just give out the info and get on with it. The constant analyses and commentary and all that does nothing for us really. Apart from bigging up the presenters.

Shut up now because we are clever enough to figure it out for ourselves, whether we agree or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Brianmwalker

peasant wrote: »
    Am I reading this wrong or did they forget food shopping in the 5 km rule?
    Quote:
    Essential purposes for travel (permitted outside 5k limit)
    travel to and from work, where work involves providing an essential service (see below)
    to attend medical appointments and collect medicines and other health products
    for vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people, and in particular for those who live alone, as part of an extended household but excluding social family visits
    to attend a wedding or funeral
    for farming purposes i.e. food production and/or care of animals
    to visit a grave

Can I travel for a nct appointment I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Will Yam wrote: »
    So why would you move a area from l3 to l5 where the incidence was falling?

Who will police that?

Who will micromanage and analyze the data for that area?

Define the area? (City/county/parish/housing estate)

How would they Inform the public of the area specific rules?

They tried this and it’s failed as evident from the huge spike in numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

GazzaL wrote: »
    You'll still be able to get haircuts behind closed doors.
    My husband was at barber at weekend.
    All young lads.
    They were delighted at the prospect of getting 350 a week and still being able to cut hair at 30 euro a pop behind closed doors....so yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭jackboy

The broad smirk on McConkey. Absolutely revelling in the misery of the public. Someone should cave his face in.

That’s the ‘I told you so’ smirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,217 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jesus, chill the fcuk out.

Why I am mad we are at this level over dopey idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Surely teachers are safer under level 5 than under any other level?

No retail open, tighter restrictions at home etc. suppressing it in the community should logically decrease the chance of school outbreaks?

They know they will be paid regardless, don't know why such a stink will be kicked up. Teachers should be on par with nurses in terms of being essential.

If you read the stats in today’s Irish times, the Covid rate in schools is 1.8/1.9.

In the community at large it’s 7.2%.

Schools are safer than most other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

This is an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE. I have had no problem with the measures all along, but this is beyond idiotic. Have they learned nothing. Even childrens training can go ahead, which means groups of parents being able to meet up. Inter-county championships can go ahead, even though these were the very events that caused so many clusters in communites.

It was finals and celebrations that caused those clusters.

I suspect that the championship will not be completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Jesus, chill the fcuk out.
    You shouldn't feel an obligation to reply to posters who agitate you, especially in such comforting tones.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

MM should have done his Chinese accent again for some comedy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Ellie2008

niallo27 wrote: »
    This will backfire on them i think, people have enough. Fairly even split on here on these restrictions. People will break these restrictions and I don't really blame them.

I won’t, I don’t agree with them but I won’t break them rotter, I’d say there’s plenty like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You make it up as you go along, you mean

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Cherish the teachers but don't allow them to have a safe working environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Akabusi

I think McConkey may be a bit of a Patrick Bateman

• Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

jackboy wrote: »
    It’s gas. I have to get my car serviced next week. I will have to hide from the guards while waiting for it as I will be more than 5k from home. It’s a mad world.

All around me are familiar face worn out faces

On a serious note I say you will be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

owlbethere wrote: »
    +1 to this. I followed the guidelines from the start but some selfish arseholes only ever thought about themselves driving up the spread.

I seem to remember you admitting you and your friends broke restrictions.
    I'll save your blushes by not putting up the screenshot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

galtsdrift wrote: »
    Advice, please. Am I able to drop someone from the south to Belfast Airport on Wednesday? They need to get home to their family before the lockdown and Belfast will get them to London

I have southern plates on my car too

You can do as you wish, carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Everybody download the headspace app and start meditating

• Registered Users Posts: 6,015 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

If you ever needed evidence that Mcconkey is playing the party line, just look at the answer he just gave on schools on CB. You can't think the country is falling in but also think schools being open is wonderful with little risk. He's an embarrassment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Will Yam wrote: »
    If you read the stats in today’s Irish times, the Covid rate in schools is 1.8/1.9.

In the community at large it’s 7.2%.

Schools are safer than most other places.
    This has been repeated almost every day since the question was first asked by Glynn, CMO, Henry etc. .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement