Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Oh how embarrassing Leo not knowing when midnight Wednesday is!!! Looking at MM for clarification...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    30 lads in their 20s meeting sporadically in a field isnt comparable on the risk scale to tens of thousands of late teens meeting indoors daily. This GAA thing is ridiculous how much attention it's getting. The vast majority of people are working from home. Every other sport is playing its elite games
    It's the refreshments after the game that are getting the ire, they can play ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

Thanks Tony for keeping us safe. Such a hero

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does anyone know is capacity reduced in supermarkets at Level 5 or are there just more people there for a day out because other shops closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Claire put a question to Donnelly in relation to increasing ICU beds:

"We're going to keep doing what we're doing."

Right Simon you clod.

Its Stephen I would rather Simon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Those eyes are a bit demented looking

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

What's with the social bubbles?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Does anyone know is capacity reduced in supermarkets at Level 5 or are there just more people there for a day out because other shops closed?

Presume same conditions as last lockdown apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

manniot2 wrote: »

Tony isn’t on here.

Try Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭Jizique

PhantomHat wrote: »
    She must be in her element

No mention of no deaths today and a handful of deaths in October; no chat about how well Mane and Zlatan played at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Oh how embarrassing Leo not knowing when midnight Wednesday is!!! Looking at MM for clarification...

Like a donkey looking out over a hedge.
    The fcukin waffler.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

30 lads in their 20s meeting sporadically in a field isnt comparable on the risk scale to tens of thousands of late teens meeting indoors daily. This GAA thing is ridiculous how much attention it's getting. The vast majority of people are working from home. Every other sport is playing its elite games
    The issue is that they're having massive parties after the matches.

When tf do the actual restrictions come in, wed or thu morning???

Claire Byrne now with Leo doubling down on his attack on NPHET, and the guests trying to blame the Irish people for not wanting the lockdown two weeks ago even though 61% of the public wanted tighter restrictions. The beating heart of democracy alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭majcos

Seriously?? You're wearing a mask so you're not a close contact :confused::confused:
    Not a considered a close contact of wearing a mask. Same applies to healthcare workers in contact with a patient or other staff member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

thomas 123 wrote: »
    What are stats if the data is incomplete...

Students aren’t being tested. My brothers teacher confirmed positive - not one student across her 6 years of classes was tested nor informed. That’s just one example.

Read the teacher threads and posts on here, nobody is being deemed a “close contact”.

I think the schools will appear on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries at some stage.
    Magic virus barriers, Imaginary Bubbles and Pods and the disappearing close contacts.

Spooky stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yew_tree

GAA need to look at themselves now. They obviously have great influence with Gov. That worries me a bit now.

If they decided to suspend everything voluntarily they would garner a lot of respect. But no.

There is money in the mix somewhere I reckon.

The anti GAA brigade are out in force. Fact is all money that the GAA gather goes back into the grassroots. I am involved with my club and the feast of GAA on over the weekend was great and I spoke to older relatives who were overjoyed at being able to watch live games.

The fact is the GAA is not just a sport but it’s a way of life and it’s our identity especially in rural Ireland and now that the dark nights have rolled around I believe for the mental health of the nation during lockdown, these games will be a welcome bit of joy in an otherwise joyless existence we are now living.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Now that is a great question.
    A lot of places have an automatic stop and go system. It works well in places like tesco in Liffey valley, but tbh Aldi/lidl I haven't seen a queue in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Will Yam wrote: »
    The area is county Dublin. They were able to put it into level 3 on its own.

The numbers there were tracked by nphet.

If they put it up to level 3 they could bring it down to level 2. But the numbers then started going the wrong way, and that never happened.

But to say it should have been jumped from level 3 to level 5 when numbers were falling is utter nonsense.

Right, but that’s down to advice not being followed.

Down is not the only factor to consider in data. Nephet has the people who are qualified to advise on what should be done to mitigate. Ignoring the advice last week was not the only bit of advice they(government) ignored since this has started.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ellie2008 wrote: »
    I won’t, I don’t agree with them but I won’t break them rotter, I’d say there’s plenty like me.

You will break the stupid ones like 5k and visiting family i presume.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,343 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like Argos will be ok, thanks be to jaysus...
    any other retail outlet that operates an online or other remote system of ordering goods for purposes of collection at the retail outlet
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-4/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/essentialretail/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Note the comparison is between a single match and the entire national population of students.

Other elite sports are professionals and quarantining players and staff while doing regular testing. They are not training or playing matches and going home to family and their mates. And don't tell us county players aren't mixing with the community because they can be seen doing so every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Paul McGrath having to lower himself to do that is more upsetting than going to Level 5

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Who knows? You get to pick people to hang out with if you live alone or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Like a donkey looking out over a hedge.
    The fcukin waffler.

Haha, exactly, it's very cringe worthy watching indeed. Keep looking at one another with a stutter and a stumble...

Paul McGrath having to lower himself to do that is more upsetting than going to Level 5
    He was already on lodging with Lucy....that is rock bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KerryConnor

Headline in Irishtimes "Schools safer than wider community" ..
    that's because there's no testing in schools.. only 6800 nationally to date.. a tiny number. Teacher positive in our school (no students or staff were told let alone close contacts), 4 positive cases in secondary beside us (no close contacts), positive case in 6th class of adjoining school (only pod tested)..
    Schools should definitely stay open but with way more testing.. we have no idea what's going on in schools . .there could be dozens of asymptomatic cases in any of these schools ready to head off and infect vulnerable people.
    The lockdown won't work if they dont start testing widely in schools and close down schools with clusters for 14 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

manniot2 wrote: »

Once you aren't in a nursing home or have a cervix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

McConkey gob****e. People should just ignore them and their 'lockdowns'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

You can use fairy liquid to make them and blow it up your friends a*se to be just like the government cronies I assume is how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

growleaves wrote: »
    I acknowledged the last time around that there was a strong correlation that could form the basis for a scientific investigation and for that I was shouted down by many on this forum. Presumably because it would mean conceding there wasn't already cast-iron proof of its effectiveness. People who believe in this theory stop right at the point where they are meant to begin: when you have a theory that seems plausible and convincing that's when you put it through the wringer and question every assumption, not get angry at people who withhold their praise.

A very roundabout way to avoid answering my question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement