Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I can tell you one thing for sure, if Micheal, Leo, Dr Tony, McGlynn, Tubs, All TDs, all people in rte....were put on the PUP, there'd be none of these major lockdowns.
    Rte are relishing this misery. Tubs Darcy and the fool Duffy will be in overdrive tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Did the GAA get McKinsey in on a retainer? They have zero credibility throughout this crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

O’Rourke just laid into the ASTI!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Will the people cope on already, I don't want to spend christmas and new year on a fcken lockdown, my first born is having her first christmas and I want both her grandparents to spend it at my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    As every election or referendum seems to show , the population is not reflected in the Boards demographic.

We may not like the restrictions. They will be painful in many ways and they will break our hearts but most people will abide by them.

My daily exercise routine is wiped out, as is meeting up with my friends.
    I have grandchildren 8km away and won't see them now for at least a month instead of daily but we'll try to do our bit and will stick rigidly to the new restrictions.
    Not a happy camper: quite an angry one to be honest: but it is what it is.

Some will break the restrictions but, hopefully, a small minority.

I'm sorry now but if you stop seeing your grandchildren becauae of 3km then I'm not sure there is any hope for any of us. You are no risk, use a bit of common sense and how is your daily exercise wiped out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

gmisk wrote: »
    MM...they decided with weddings to give them 25 as there aren't many planned..
    10 for funerals....ffs

It would help if we could hear the bloody questions in the press conference?!

I was trying to read the sign language for the questions!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Jesus. Absolutely no balance on RTE about the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

So when are we going to finally accept a minority but never the less HCWs are not following social distancing guidelines outside of work and putting patients at risk... or is that taboo like childhood viral transmission, even if it is lower than adults?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

This fella on Claire byrne is going on like the GAA is a charity!

Gets loads of money from Gov and elsewhere so I guess it considers itself to be a charity.

They do great work I am not denying that at all. But am wary about the money element of it all. Could be wrong but hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Santy2015 wrote: »
    O’Rourke just laid into the ASTI!

That was a cracking line......"they're good at doing stupid things"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭6o9fv7jpreb180

NIMAN wrote: »
    I can tell you one thing for sure, if Micheal, Leo, Dr Tony, McGlynn, Tubs, All TDs, all people in rte....were put on the PUP, there'd be none of these major lockdowns.
    Rte are relishing this misery. Tubs Darcy and the fool Duffy will be in overdrive tomorrow.

100% true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

It's gas that Leo said two weeks ago that they couldn't go to level 5 without an exit strategy and today they've rocked up said we're going to level 5 and shown no semblance of an exit strategy or long term plan. Shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Gets loads of money from Gov and elsewhere so I guess it considers itself to be a charity.

They do great work I am not denying that at all. But am wary about the money element of it all. Could be wrong but hey.
    It's easy to make money when you don't pay players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

The GAA which had large non-socially distanced gatherings allowed to continue operating.
    Schools which have had large numbers of cases and ineffective contact tracing allowed to continue operating.
    SMEs operating safely with zero cases being forced to shut their doors, some for good.

Go on Tony and Micheal ye mad things. These restrictions are bull****. It's now every man for themselves. If someone tries to destroy your livelihood by telling you you're "non-essential" yet the likes of off licences and takeaways are, they can go **** themselves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Morrison J wrote: »
    It's gas that Leo said two weeks ago that they couldn't go to level 5 without an exit strategy and today they've rocked up said we're going to level 5 and shown no semblance of an exit strategy or long term plan. Shambles.
    Apparently we're on a promise in six weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

If it's not cancelled now it won't be imo.
    I think you might lose your house.

Well maybe I’d only put a fiver on it:D:D
    Just a feeling I have....I can see squads being depleted owing to Covid....just don’t think either competition will conclude...(probably will be proved wrong:pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Is he fûcking drunk or what!!! No way will the public keep with these restrictions next year!! Not a fûcking hope!!

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1318303290090717185?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 10,866 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Akabusi wrote: »
    Yes that will be my go to, might even by a reed of flowers for the backseat.

With my mothers 1st anniversary in the middle of this it will be 1 I will be using

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Jesus. Absolutely no balance on RTE about the GAA.

No GAA would be disastrous for RTE. They have a vested interest in seeing it carry on regardless .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Has ‘essential retail’ been defined yet?
    Are hardware/diy shops closing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Interesting again tonight no mention about how any of this will be enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,573 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Is he fûcking drunk or what!!! No way will the public keep with these restrictions next year!! Not a fûcking hope!!

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1318303290090717185?s=21

You should tell the virus to just fcuk off and leave us alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Crucially click and collect retail can remain open

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Roger_007 wrote: »
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c9158-essential-services

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

GazzaL wrote: »
    The GAA which had large non-socially distanced gatherings allowed to continue operating.
    Schools which have had large numbers of cases and ineffective contact tracing allowed to continue operating.
    SMEs operating safely with zero cases being forced to shut their doors, some for good.

Go on Tony and Micheal ye mad things. These restrictions are bull****. It's now every man for themselves. If someone tries to destroy your livelihood by telling you you're "non-essential" yet the likes of off licences and takeaways are, they can go **** themselves.

Very true

Don't blame any hairdresser, nail technician, yoga teacher etc doing business from home

They'll introduce cashless society soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

kippy wrote: »
    You should tell the virus to just fcuk off and leave us alone.

Or use the magic spray the schools use!

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Interesting again tonight no mention about how any of this will be enforced.

Fcken gards could not careless, checkpoint on the M1 with no gards manning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Roger_007 wrote: »

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/60ecc-essential-retail-outlets-for-level-4/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/essentialretail/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

I predicted back in April we will have years of rolling lockdowns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement