Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

UrbanFret wrote: »
    The only approach they're fans of is Lockdown.

Coz there is no other realistic approach. If there is, please enlighten us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

gmisk wrote: »

Can I then nominate my brother as my social bubble. He lives 40 minutes away on the other side of our county

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Has ‘essential retail’ been defined yet?
    Are hardware/diy shops closing?

Look up the gov.ie site. It was updated today.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

In fairness they could have gone further....don't places in spain and france have (or at least had) mandatory mask wearing in public with on the spot fines?

Here you still have people swanning about in Aldi or tesco without a mask on, and probably a lot more wearing them around their chin or not covering their nose....

Let's be honest without much enforcement of those restrictions the numbers aren't coming down.

Even with fines I would still never wear a mask in a shop and take part in their mark of the beast system they are enforcing on the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ludo wrote: »
    Coz there is no other realistic approach. If there is, please enlighten us all.
    Something something sweden....would be my guess at the response...

Sweden btw are now introducing localised lockdowns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

"From the first lockdown, we got a reasonable stretch"

And did fúck all with it, contact tracing a shambles and the HSE is still a disaster.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1318303290090717185

He really is a miserable prick isn't he.

We wouldn't even have covid now, never mind all of next year if they implemented common sense measures back in March.

Any incoming travellers have EU isolate in a monitored facility for two weeks, all close contacts of confirmed cases the same.

But no, instead they made everyone stay inside, but allowed travellers into the country without any monitoring what so ever and if course while they had stately dinners with their chums in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Oh yeah, another one of the "i told you so" brigade

:pac:

So, so many Brigades. How many divisions now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭maebee

I was trying to read the sign language for the questions!!!

The only good thing to have come out of this for me is that I now listen to the speaker but watch the sign language person. I just love their facial expressions. They are brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1318303290090717185?s=19

Has Martin lost his mind??? All talk is of a vaccine as early as January. Once the vulnerable are vaccinated nobody is going to be abiding by lockdown rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Even with fines I would still never wear a mask in a shop and take part in their mark of the beast system they are enforcing on the population.

Internet hardman alert everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Christmass as carrot , what are they going to do with the time any mention perhaps... just saying... you never know... of More ICU beds/staff or even full contact tracers.?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

I see that the Construction Industry Federation and the GAA are still lobbying sucessfully and getting their exemptions. With the GAA it's not the games themselves that would concern me but all the idiots that may gather when their team wins. No surprise with the schools staying open. They seem dogmatic about keeping them open. There are plenty of cases in schools in my area. These lockdowns are the pits but not doing them properly and the lack of real enforcement is like undertaking this with one hand tied behind your back.

Why not really go for it and give it the best chance of success for the next few weeks rather risking dragging it on even longer? Then there is a better chance of some sort of Christmas lift for retail and restaurants etc. But as expected they water it down.

I won't get into policing travel. Too much to ask for!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

Can phone shops open? Reading they can on an emergency basis?

the following outlets, insofar as they offer services on an emergency basis only:

outlets providing electrical, information and communications technology and telephone sales, repair and maintenance services for places of residence and businesses.

Does the above mean we can open for emergencies only and how would we control that?

Claire Byrne wouldn't let RTÉ's commercial considerations influence her work. There is a 'separation of powers' between RTÉ News and Current Affairs and RTÉ Sport.

:pac: Good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

In fairness they could have gone further....don't places in spain and france have (or at least had) mandatory mask wearing in public with on the spot fines?

Here you still have people swanning about in Aldi or tesco without a mask on, and probably a lot more wearing them around their chin or not covering their nose....

Let's be honest without much enforcement of these restrictions the numbers aren't coming down. The same selfish tits will have house parties etc.

We didn't have masks in March with probably 5 times the numbers and the numbers went right down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

So, so many Brigades. How many divisions now?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Well actually there was.

Legislation been brought forward tommorow to fine people who break the restrictions.

Donnelly mentioned it earlier.

Running multiple simultaneous press events. Things get missed by people.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

occupation=full time hard b@stard/full time mad bast@rd

Mark of the beast system...fun...for Halloween!...ffs what a load of rubbish lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Far better off if they were given the powers to break up large gatherings etc.

Pointless stopping people during rush hour when most are going to work. If they want to encourage working from home again the government need to spell it out to employers.

I'd agree, I pass 3 guards every morning and evening at a checkpoint, yet to see them actually stop anyone as it's a quiet enough spot . They just sit in the car all day, must be absolutely bored off their heads

• Registered Users Posts: 34,828 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

What have masks got to do with Satan?

• Advertisement

Internet hardman alert everyone

I'd rather save my soul than end up in hell for eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Can't see the legislation being passed but if it does can't see it being enforced. It's like littering and dog fouling, hardly anyone gets fines for either thing do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Visiting a grave is a legimate reason to be outside your 5km zone. If ever I saw a loophole to any fining system brought in then this is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭boardise

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Haven't Wales shut their schools?

Germany closing them from tomorrow...( the German schools that is.:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

If they think that level 3 is appropriate for Christmas they’d be totally wrong. How many people will want to sit outside and have dinner at a restaurant in December? Absolutely nobody

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Ooooo edgy.

We've a live one here people. Thread carefully.

o1s1n wrote: »
    What have masks got to do with Satan?

Read the bible, everything is coming together as predicted. Those putting their trust in the world will laugh and mock as all they know how.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My prediction.

Lockdown now til 1st December.

We open, the country goes buck mental again, with shopping in a panic for Xmas, there will be no room in shops to socially distance, pubs will be packed, house parties galore.

And another lockdown in January to start the year off as we mean to continue .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Yes when someone yes Wednesday midnight it means Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Has been the same anytime they say something will come into effect

Leo obviously didn't know, he kept saying Tuesday night at the press conference and looking at MM for clarification on when midnight Wednesday is :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement