Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

speckle wrote: »
    Christmass as carrot , what are they going to do with the time any mention perhaps... just saying... you never know... of More ICU beds/staff or even full contact tracers.?

They didn't do it during a twelve week lockdown , it would be naive it expect them do anything during a 6 week semi lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1318303290090717185?s=19

Has Martin lost his mind??? All talk is of a vaccine as early as January. Once the vulnerable are vaccinated nobody is going to be abiding by lockdown rules.

They weren't ready 2 weeks ago? What the **** did they do for the 8 months previous? Like, it was as obvious as day that this was going to happen around this time of the year, with less buy in and more panic from people because of Christmas just around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Visiting a grave is a legimate reason to be outside your 5km zone. If ever I saw a loophole to any fining system brought in then this is it.

Thank you, this is just what I’ve been looking for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

I'd rather save my soul than end up in hell for eternity.

Hi Gemma, where can I find all your teachings now, I used to follow you on twitter but alas no more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1318303290090717185?s=19

Has Martin lost his mind??? All talk is of a vaccine as early as January. Once the vulnerable are vaccinated nobody is going to be abiding by lockdown rules.

What 'all talk' ? It'll take the most of the year to roll it out to vulnerable and front line workers anyway, could be 6 months before we get to the stage of starting to roll it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Christmass as carrot , what are they going to do with the time any mention perhaps... just saying... you never know... of More ICU beds/staff or even full contact tracers.?

What's going to happen to mental health when people realise they were sold a pup thinking that they will have a Christmas they once remembered

That's when the sh1t will finally hit the fan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I really can’t see us being at 50 cases a day in six weeks with schools still open

Not a hope. We weren't at 50 a day after 6 weeks of the first line lockdown which alot more people bought into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

NIMAN wrote: »
    My prediction.

Lockdown now til 1st December.

We open, the country goes buck mental again, with shopping in a panic for Xmas, there will be no room in shops to socially distance, pubs will be packed, house parties galore.
    And another lockdown in January to start the year off as we mean to continue .

what day is it that country folk go to the city for their shopping?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,701 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Read the bible, everything is coming together as predicted. Those putting their trust in the world will laugh and mock as all they know how.
    I'd love too....but I have so little spare time to read... haven't you heard we are living in the age of peak tv!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

What's going to happen to mental health when people realise they were sold a pup thinking that they will have a Christmas they once remembered

That's when the sh1t will finally hit the fan

There are people at home now thinking "sure we will have a great Christmas after all". They are in for a rude awakening once December comes and we are no better off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

8th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's December 8th. Sure we'll be at Level 1 then!

Santy2015 wrote: »
    If they think that level 3 is appropriate for Christmas they’d be totally wrong. How many people will want to sit outside and have dinner at a restaurant in December? Absolutely nobody

I do.. but I have always been an outdoorsy person.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

gmisk wrote: »
    I'd love too....but I have so little spare time to read... haven't you heard we are living in the age of peak tv!!!

Say that to your creator on your day of judgement, I'm sure it will sound funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

maebee wrote: »
    The only good thing to have come out of this for me is that I now listen to the speaker but watch the sign language person. I just love their facial expressions. They are brilliant.

They're absolutely incredible. I actually did Introductory ISL a couple of years ago, so I do really try to watch, however, it's all so fast.

Plus, no-one could hear the journalists questions so I felt I'd no choice but to look to the ISL speaker for help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

8th of December, feast of the Immaculate Conception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ella281

But....why close hairdressers like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭maebee

Even with fines I would still never wear a mask in a shop and take part in their mark of the beast system they are enforcing on the population.

Have you signed the form to say you won't seek treatment, if needed, in one of our hospitals should you be unfortunate enough to catch covid 19?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭political analyst

:pac: Good one.

Who says I was joking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,828 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Read the bible, everything is coming together as predicted. Those putting their trust in the world will laugh and mock as all they know how.

I have read the bible, I was brought up as a Jehovah's Witness.

Funnily enough they're also spouting the same nonsense about 'end times'.

It's confirmation bias, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Even with fines I would still never wear a mask in a shop and take part in their mark of the beast system they are enforcing on the population.

yeah I guess you believe the earth is flat and Hitler is alive and well living in a base on the antarctica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

At least the Cork Muppet put an end to this Zero Covid nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

"And the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three headed serpent" That one?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

maebee wrote: »
    Have you signed the form to say you won't seek treatment, if needed, in one of our hospitals should you be unfortunate enough to catch covid 19?

With an average age of death from Covid of 84 I'm good thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,299 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Visiting a grave is a legimate reason to be outside your 5km zone. If ever I saw a loophole to any fining system brought in then this is it.

Visiting a grave... it would be laughable if not so serious... it’s not close to being a legitimate reason. You might as well say ok to go xxx distance to get a cheaper deal on fig rolls. A corpse isn’t going to fûckin get the hump because you can’t go there because of covid. It’s not going anywhere, it’s not going to get up and call you at 3am, wondering why it’s flower vase is empty... “ and another thing, I told you I hate begonias and I make no bones about telling you”

You’ll have families and indeed anybody and everyone meeting up at graveyards now because they CAN... stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭political analyst

Stephen Donnelly told Claire Byrne that the government increased the numbers of healthcare workers and ICU beds and that the figures published, which covered until August, didn't include the newly-graduated nurses who have been given permanent employment by the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

Ella281 wrote: »
    But....why close hairdressers like?

Because its where all the covid rumours are originatinating from.

german courts decide with businesses as the equivalent of nephet/government gives no data to back up restrictions .

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/16/court-overturns-order-to-shut-bars-and-restaurants-in-berlin-at-11pm-13432566/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Incase any retail or schools or hairdressirs or gyms or restaurants etc might be interested

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

At least the Cork Muppet put an end to this Zero Covid nonsense.

As he did with the Let it rip herd immunity approach

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement