Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,365 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will they be following England and handing out €10k fines or will they just have people laughing at them?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Black plastic bag and a bit of soot from the fire rubbed on your face:) or one of those plastic masks from the local H William's :)

Exactly. Was a simpler time, but so enjoyable. And I'm not THAT old either for the record!

I remember my mother was getting rid of some sponge things in a sofa, years ago and god bless her, gone now. She put all the spongy things on me and had a big sign saying TV Sponger. That was the TV licence thinggy.

Forgive my indulgence.

What I remember most is the neighbours always gave us monkey nuts. Who likes them! But it was tradition and we enjoyed it for the freedom to go round the houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

So he says Q1 2021 and then immediately says Q2. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

Who is going to enforce this “keep people out of the garden” craic?

Sounds like an easily swayed teacher as theirs no law against it is their?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,669 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's amazing how inspiring Micheál Martin isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,475 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Till November 3rd I think?

Nov 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Still down to personal responsibility. Some people will not use common sense.

People at work looking for loopholes/interpreting the rules to suit themselves to not wear masks all the time.

Wear a mask, distance as much as possible, wash hands and use sanitiser. It's not that hard.

Yup earlier in the year we had people asking if they could travel and then exercise for 5km, or if it was 5km as the crow flies...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

Why isn't Cork at level 4? It's got a huge 14 day rate....circa 900 per 100k.

M

"Reserve the right"...I really don't like that terminology he is using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Looks like 7 more days on level 3.

1 week to get your toys for chrimbo! 1 week for that hotel night out and a few pints of plain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭alentejo

I feel very sorry for children, Basically cant play with others. Might be spring before they are allowed.

This is not living with the virus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Silent majority are doing most things right. Saying we can't meet anyone in our home or garden won't stop dickheads.
    If there is no enforcement, what the fvck is the point. Stupid is stupid does.

For the record I feel it's in the right direction and necessary if schools remain open. Are these advisory? There's no statutory instrument. I'll follow as will most will follow it but of course there will be those who won't.

In protest I won't observe traffic lights as I feel as though it's only advisory. After all you can do what the **** you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭political analyst

fritzelly wrote: »
    Nov 10th

So not even 3 weeks is considered enough for a period of restrictions?

M

Schools staying open?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Great scientist, in charge of an institution which made its reputation during Spanish flu, hated by Trump who doesn't dare fire him - I trust him completely, and great to hear him use dates like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

"Enhanced Level 3 measures", for jesus sake.

Level three and five eights or 3.625 if you prefer decimalisation. All that money spent on pandemic level guidline pamphlets looks like money well spent right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

spookwoman wrote: »
    Doubt it will stop the old cow up the road from wandering into peoples gardens to let her dog sh*t in them

Supersoaker is your only man here

M

Ffs, don't give them ideas about off licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Tandey

alentejo wrote: »
    I feel very sorry for children, Basically cant play with others. Might be spring before they are allowed.

This is not living with the virus

All kids have imaginary friends so they’ll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

nimrod86 wrote: »
    As my father keeps saying "It's not about what you can do, it's about what you should do."

If everyone thought and acted along these lines (like yourself and many others on here), we'd be in a far better situation now.

Would you stop. You can’t stop a bloody virus like this. Christ above when will that sink in, this time next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Queues at off licences will resume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

niallo27 wrote: »
    As if people will stop visiting their families, would they ever go away and **** off. Living with the virus my bollox.

Responsible people will.

You sound like an angry person. Are you alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Ffs, don't give them ideas about off licences.

100cans and 6 bottles of jameson arriving tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

daheff wrote: »

where have you contrived this nonsense ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Meanwhile in France, nightly curfews just announced by Macron

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Schools staying open?

Sure schools are controlled environments and the bubbles and pods are magical

• Registered Users Posts: 11,975 ✭✭✭✭titan18

daheff wrote: »

I'll give it a week and most of the country will be at level 4

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

"Enhanced Level 3 measures", for jesus sake.

Level 3 allows for “visitors from one other household only or own household only”, with the precise guideline to be determined by “prevailing public health advice for the county or other defined geographical area”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Responsible people will.

You sound like an angry person. Are you alright?

So someone who visits their mother is irresponsible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Two single person households now can't visit each other. 30 separate households can hang out in a school together for 6 hours.

Its laughable really isn't it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement