Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

froog wrote: »
    christ just close the schools already.

For how long?

Is closing then going to solve anything or just kick the can down the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Did he say that no more than 6 people from 2 different households can meet up outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,365 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Herd immunity is an idiot's tactic.

We have 45k Covidians which should be used in the recovery plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Waiting for a vaccine is a fools plan.

Well it is a psychological thing, keep them thinking it will be the panacea, but it might never happen either.

We are truly in a new space now. Gotta get used to it, this is our lives for a long time to come.

Not being negative, it is reality. And I know many will just go ahead and spread it anyway. Such is life outside places like China and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭octsol

Can you get a tiler or plumber to your home for house improvements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

rodders999 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be fond of drinking but when I do go at it, I go at it awful and very hard.

Ah here, that is to last me a week, not a night like Pintman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I hold my hands up. I don't know what level we are at now.

All understanding out the window.

He mentioned enforcement thank god. We are ****ing sick of following these rules if loads don't and cases rise anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

For how long?

until early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

Tandey wrote: »
    So your saying the Government aren’t responsible people as they didn’t do what the medical team advised them last Sunday week?

Well if you're playing that game then were NPHET responsible in saying level 2 was fine and then changing their minds ever so slightly to level 5 a few days later?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

hmmm wrote: »
    The vaccine train is leaving the station and the anti-vaxxers are going to be left behind to take their chances with Covid. It won't solve everything overnight, but it's a big part of the solution.

Left behind to take their chances with Covid. Haha. I’m not anti vax but that is hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Zebra3 wrote: »
    What vaccine?
    Multiple vaccines are in phase 3 trials at the moment. We'll have the results before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

CorkRed93 wrote: »
    where have you contrived this nonsense ?

Cork 14 day Covid cases to 12th Oct 1119
    Cork pop (2016) 124k

1119/124,000*100,000=902

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

For how long?

You think there's a plan? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

daheff wrote: »
    Why isn't Cork at level 4? It's got a huge 14 day rate....circa 900 per 100k.

Thought it was 300 odd per 100k when I looked earlier? Cavan was highest at over 500 per 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Take a shot everytime he says “LOCALLY”

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The vaccine train is leaving the station and the anti-vaxxers are going to be left behind to take their chances with Covid. It won't solve everything overnight, but it's a big part of the solution.

Better cheap mass home testing is another potential tool.

Having all our eggs in the vaccine basket is foolish.

I think this is part of the problem, there’s very narrow approach to addressing the problems. Lockdown or bust. Vaccine or bust... We need to be more clever and have more reliable tools/methods to throw at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,669 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The situation across Europe is deteriorating now at an increasing pace. Records everywhere, hospitalisations going up everywhere and ICU occupancy as well.

This is looking like less a second wave and more the main event.

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1316461551289802758

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1316428342179045381

Germany heading for their highest case load since March today. 5,800 new cases ad 27 deaths so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,365 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Hopefully someone grills him on schools staying open.

Cork pop (2016) 124k

1119/124,000*100,000=902

The population of Cork is over 500,000, how do people not realise this. That’s the population of the city alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

froog wrote: »
    until early next year.

Must be a teacher :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

We are truly in a new space now. Gotta get used to it, this is our lives for a long time to come.

Not being negative, it is reality. And I know many will just go ahead and spread it anyway. Such is life outside places like China and that.
    That's ridiculously negative. We have new treatments being approved (e.g. the antibodies given to Trump), rapid testing kits and vaccines due in 2021. The holdup will be manufacturing what we need, but lots of scientists are working towards getting us out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Not closing the schools is idiotic, the numbers won't come down and we will just go from level 4 to level 5 and put hundreds of thousands out of work. Its beyond stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Multiple vaccines are in phase 3 trials at the moment. We'll have the results before the end of the year.

We're all fully aware of the trials.

But there is no vaccine.

People on here shouldn't be subject to the lies of "the vaccine" when there is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

MM noting some dutch twitter people liked the picture of our 5 level plan

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Cork pop (2016) 124k

1119/124,000*100,000=902

That is the population of Cork City not the County

Zebra3 wrote: »
    We're all fully aware of the trials.

But there is no vaccine.

People on here shouldn't be subject to the lies of "the vaccine" when there is none.

There’s 2 approved vaccines and 11 in phase 3. Not sure what planet you’re on, but a vaccine very much exists on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

The population of Cork is over 500,000, how do people not realise this. That’s the population of the city alone.

They even got the city population wrong. It's 190k.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Queried

Hopefully someone grills him on schools staying open.

He was asked about what's happening in the north and the extended midterm and whether we would follow their lead and it was a fairly resounding no and that schools will remain open no matter what.

Anyone get this govt leaflet yet?

We havent, nor has anyone i know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

We got to the 14th of October. Going to be a long fvcking winter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement