Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVI- 50,993 ROI (1,852 deaths) 28,040 NI (621 deaths) (19/10) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

octsol wrote: »
    Can you get a tiler or plumber to your home for house improvements

Is that a euphemism?

If you are an anti-vaccine, you are an enemy of the people. Also, an extremely selfish individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Anyone get this govt leaflet yet?

We havent, nor has anyone i know.

Came through the door this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭jackboy

The situation across Europe is deteriorating now at an increasing pace. Records everywhere, hospitalisations going up everywhere and ICU occupancy as well.

This is looking like less a second wave and more the main event.
    I remember seeing a graph of total cases in Europe since March. It looked like a continuous rise and we are actually still in the first wave if we take the continent as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

they need to abolish this ridiculous 5 level plan that isn't being used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Yes. Unless it is essential.

Rubbish. It's someone's choice. Not all parents are vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Anyone get this govt leaflet yet?

We havent, nor has anyone i know.

No, but my Iodine tablets finally arrived

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

niallo27 wrote: »
    Not closing the schools is idiotic, the numbers won't come down and we will just go from level 4 to level 5 and put hundreds of thousands out of work. Its beyond stupid.

Agree with you on this but I have gotten the impression since they reopened they want to keep the schools open at all costs.

I think as more and more things shut down and cases don't start to fall they will eventually change their mind but it might be too late at that point :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

hmmm wrote: »
    That's ridiculously negative. We have new treatments being approved (e.g. the antibodies given to Trump), rapid testing kits and vaccines due in 2021. The holdup will be manufacturing what we need, but lots of scientists are working towards getting us out of this.

Trump never had the Covid. You are being ridiculously naive :p

Boggles wrote: »
    That's not data it's at best loose talk and hearsay.

Glad we cleared it up though.

:)

Data. Observation on data. Follow up opinion. It’s called discourse. You should try it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

The population of Cork is over 500,000, how do people not realise this. That’s the population of the city alone.

I blame Google

500k would drop that 900 figure to around 225.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

There’s 2 approved vaccines and 11 in phase 3. Not sure what planet you’re on, but a vaccine very much exists on this one.

How effective is the flu vaccine. We have one of those every year. People still get the flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,365 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd love a proportionate breakdown of infection from not washing your hands V's airborne infection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Does this mean I can no longer go into the office?

Technically I could be classed as an essential worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

That is the population of Cork City not the County

But it makes it seem worse so let's all agree with his figures ok

That's how covid reporting works, if its bad or negative sing it from the rooftops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Necro wrote: »
    Meanwhile in France, nightly curfews just announced by Macron

In 9 cities. You missed that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

OMG halloween question.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Jeff2

• Registered Users Posts: 82,365 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They will have to have socially distanced bonfires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

froog wrote: »
    they need to abolish this ridiculous 5 level plan that isn't being used.

Its pretty clear we'll never get to "level 5". A political target set to fool the masses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Watch the Nightmare before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Drumpot wrote: »
    Better cheap mass home testing is another potential tool.

Having all our eggs in the vaccine basket is foolish.

I think this is part of the problem, there’s very narrow approach to addressing the problems. Lockdown or bust. Vaccine or bust... We need to be more clever and have more reliable tools/methods to throw at this.

I largely agree - I think the third option would be Zero Covid but I certainly don't think there's the appetite for basically shutting access to the country and it's borders and starving the disease of hosts - then it would be business as usual in the country but it would probably have an economic impact or have to last for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

There’s 2 approved vaccines and 11 in phase 3. Not sure what planet you’re on, but a vaccine very much exists on this one.

Which vaccines are these?

Guardian today says there is none.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2020/oct/14/covid-vaccine-tracker-when-coronavirus-vaccine-ready

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

How effective is the flu vaccine. We have one of those every year. People still get the flu.

30-50% apparently,according to Pat Kenny a few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

here, what has happened I leave to welcome the first visitor in to my house in 9months or so... are we......? evacuating the planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Cmon you know the reason for that. You can't compare them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭daheff

Its pretty clear we'll never get to "level 5". A political target set to fool the masses.

That's the secret level to unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 13,904 ✭✭✭✭josip

Brought my son for a Covid Test this evening at a drive through centre.
    The car in front of us was a taxi and it was a passenger in the back getting tested.
    What struck me as strange was that for the half hour they were parked waiting to be tested, the 60+ taxi driver remained in the car with his mask on, but the windows up :confused:
    Perhaps it was a family member in the car with him, but I doubt it since they were sitting in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Waiting for a vaccine is a fools plan.

We have the fools and plenty of them. Three of them on the tv right now.

No one allowed in your house

Kids in school with 30 - 600 different households

Stay in your own county

Go to work and work with people from 6/10/12 different counties.

No sense to any of these so called restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

speckle wrote: »
    here, what has happened I leave to welcome the first visitor in to my house in 9months or so... are we......? evacuating the planet?

Tell them they can only stay till tomorrow, after that they have to feck off again :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement