Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Register for Xbox Fanfest (loads of Prizes)

Options
  • 13-10-2020 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭

Stolen from reddit:

I think that it's 2am on 24th of October for us Irish folk, b ut maybe double check yourself.
    You'll have to answer lots of questions about gamepass games etc and the last one standing wins a bazillion things or something. But it seems if you stay awake thorughout you could win spot prizes.

It's a bit annoying that they ask for all your personal details. But it's from the official XBOX.com so I'd be very disappointed if Microsoft couldn't figure out how to get all my details by now anyway.
    Takes a while to fill in the registration and mis-filled in a few boxes so it threw me back again.

On the 23rd of October at 6pm PT / 9pm ET / 1am GMT there will be a live trivia contest about the Game Pass Library that is limited to the first 25,000 people to register. Of those 25,000 people, up to 5,000 people can win a link to redeem 5,000 rewards points.

Here’s how to register:

Head to the FanFest registration page: https://registration.fanfest.xbox.com/

Fill in the details including your home address (optional) if you want to be able to receive the physical prizes in any future FanFest contest. There are physical prizes available in this trivia contest.

Once registered, you should now see this page: https://registration.fanfest.xbox.com/participation

You should see the “FanFest Trivia” section where you can opt-in. Click opt-in and then the green submit button and you’re all set!

There is a chance that all the spots have been filled by the time you’ve seen this post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Fanfest Trivia "At Capacity" when I had a look

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Treppen

theteal wrote: »
    Fanfest Trivia "At Capacity" when I had a look

I only did this yesterday evening and everyone in the States was saying it was full.

Finally theteal Ireland gets the advantage :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Never understood why app or any corporation would want access to my email contents - would not sign up for this on that point alone

Anyway... got my 100 points for signing up, and needless to say it wont redeem properly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Treppen wrote: »
    Anyway... got my 100 points for signing up, and needless to say it wont redeem properly :pac:

I just tried again this morning and it worked :)

"Congrats! You've redeemed your code
    Check out everything you can redeem with your new points. This is a limited time offer through Microsoft."

• Advertisement

Yup, worked this morning

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'd say that they just got overwhelmed with people trying to redeem it. For a massive company, with a world spanning cloud infrastructure service, Microsoft sure do skimp on providing for their own services.

Ok redeemed now.

This thing is Sat 1am, anyone going to stay awake?

Ok redeemed now.

This thing is Sat 1am, anyone going to stay awake?

Big UFC night too iirc. Fill your boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭xtal191

theteal wrote: »
    Big UFC night too iirc. Fill your boots.

UFC is on early for us for once, starts at 7pm

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »
    UFC is on early for us for once, starts at 7pm

Feck off :eek:

I mean, that's good to know, thank you kind sir.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Just FYI in case anyone missed the email, there's a sign up for the launch event going live later today,
    Last week we announced the Xbox Launch Celebration, a global livestream that will accompany you as you play along with Team Xbox on November 10th to celebrate the launch of the new Xbox generation. As a registered Xbox FanFest fan, you will get access to enter to win sweepstakes prizes and one-of-a-kind meet and greet experiences.

On November 4, 2020 @ 8:00am PT, log into the Xbox FanFest registration through www.xbox.com/fanfest to view all the specific details and opt-in for your chance to win. Don't miss out! Some of the experiences will only be available to opt-in for 24 hours.

By my reckoning, 8am PT on Nov 4th is 4pm over here, but I've been known to make a hames of time conversions before. Registration is open for 24 hours.

Site running slow as expected, opted in for a few things

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

Yeah I was just popping in to say the prizes are up.

Xbox Series X Fridge
    Xbox Series X Console
    Xbox Series S Console

and a couple of video chats I think with Phil Spencer or Major Nelson and the like

Yeah I was just popping in to say the prizes are up.

Xbox Series X Fridge
    Xbox Series X Console
    Xbox Series S Console

and a couple of video chats I think with Phil Spencer or Major Nelson and the like

Those prizes are US and Canada only, everywhere else you just get cash. The fridge is the best prize in that case, it's a few grand.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Those prizes are US and Canada only, everywhere else you just get cash. The fridge is the best prize in that case, it's a few grand.

Yup, I was just about to opt out again until I read the last line of the t+cs. Any kind of cash voucher would be sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

CatInABox wrote: »
    That's fine by me, I'd take the cash if that's what they're offering ... At least it's not entirely locked to US-only like many such promotions.

Also, did you see the price of the Xbox Series X Fridge??? Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $2,999.99 USD

Advertisement