Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro D'Italia Stage 11: Porto Sant'Elpidio to Rimini (182km)

Options
  • 14-10-2020 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭

After a fairly crazy stage as well as all that surrounded it yesterday, today should be a bit calmer in all respects.

It's one that looks teed up for the sprinters, with the only categorised climb of the day topping out 70km from the finish. The intermediate sprint is right at the foot of that climb so could be an entertaining affair, particularly given the closing of the points gap by Sagan yesterday.

It looks like positioning for the final will be key, with three 90 degree left handers in the run in, the last of which is just 600m before the finish line.

Can anyone stop the Demare Express?

giro-d-italia-2020-stage-11-map-e66af7d1ae.jpg

giro-d-italia-2020-stage-11-profile-6fc3ac78f7.jpg

giro-d-italia-2020-stage-11-climb-643650a06a.jpg

Bet365 call it as follows...
    Arnaud Demare evens
    Fernando Gaviria 7/2
    Peter Sagan 4/1
    Jose Alvaro Hodeg 15/2
    Elia Viviani 12/1
    Filippo Ganna 40/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I can’t see myself watching too much of this one today

(Cue a crazy echelon stage with Bora going beserk now)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dodge wrote: »
    I can’t see myself watching too much of this one today

(Cue a crazy echelon stage with Bora going beserk now)

Aye pretty much Demare nailed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Sagan led Demare out very nicely for that intermediate :pac:

Viviani and a team mate taken out by a motorbike. How on earth could the motorbike rider have assumed that anything else was going to happen? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Viviani and a team mate taken out by a motorbike. How on earth could the motorbike rider have assumed that anything else was going to happen? :mad:

Slo-mo there looked awful for the moto. Trying to squeeze through on a roundabout. So stupid

• Advertisement

Demare again! It looked like Sagan took the wrong wheel, he may well have pipped him otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Rather predictable, sadly. Roll on the mountains!

Demare again! It looked like Sagan took the wrong wheel, he may well have pipped him otherwise.

Maybe not, there was almost a bike length in it on the slow-mo.

Advertisement