Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand Bike Stores in Dublin City Centre

Options
  • 14-10-2020 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Can anybody recommend a second hand bike store in Dublin city centre ?

Any response appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭a148pro

I have bought a second hand bike at the shop at Harold's Cross and the one close to there up towards Leonard's Corner and was very happy with both at cheap and functional level

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's one on bolton street too, i suspect their main customers are/were DIT students.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

there's one on bolton street too, i suspect their main customers are/were DIT students.

They had one of those mental suspension tt bikes (softride) for ages. Don't think dit was their captive audience for that one.

Reliable bikes in phibsboro is one I've passed. They're a bit of a mish mash. Had an underpriced di2 bike before and recently an overpriced Holdsworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭WOT

I’ve bought parts from “Dublin bike man“ who also sells 2nd hand mostly steel framed bikes if one of those takes your fancy.

I don’t think he has a store to speak of.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

hmm. i tried to go to the dublin bike man website and it's being blocked by our corporate proxy due to it being a known compromised site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

McCormacks Cycle Centre Dorset Street.

Great shop, very helpful lads.

curious if any of these places sell secondhand parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Cut out the middle-man and just use DoneDeal or Adverts. They'd be the only places I'd consider for s/h bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Cut out the middle-man and just use DoneDeal or Adverts. They'd be the only places I'd consider for s/h bikes.

People selling on Donedeal ARE the middle men ! Unless of course they are masking themselves as middle men where in fact they are a trader...

swarlb wrote: »
    People selling on Donedeal ARE the middle men ! Unless of course they are masking themselves as middle men where in fact they are a trader...

Eh, what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

fatbhoy wrote: »
    Eh, what?

Apologies. what I meant to say is that a lot of people on Donedeal and Adverts are traders.

swarlb wrote: »
    Apologies. what I meant to say is that a lot of people on Donedeal and Adverts are traders.

Ah yes, that's true. Some aren't too bad: I found an older Polish guy with barely a word of English, who's based in Tallaght or CityWest or something like that, who fixes bikes up and sells them on at very reasonable prices.

I've found that for DoneDeal or Adverts, if you've patience and aren't in a rush to buy, you can get bargains. I'd imagine you'd pay through the nose buying secondhand in shops, although I could be wrong.

Advertisement