Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable building contractors in the midlands

Options
  • 14-10-2020 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

We are sending out for quotes to builders at the moment for a new build and I am just wondering what is the norm in relation to pricing? We are livi in the midlands so any suggestions of builders would be greatly appreciated too.
    The keenest quote we have gotten so far had a list of everything that is included in the price but no itemised pricing. Several other quotes have had itemised pricing. As I say I’m just wondering what people have gone for in the past? And also afraid that the other quote is too good to be true and there may be extra costs incurred at the end of it, even though the builder is saying there won’t.
    I’d appreciate all feedback. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 playactor

Hi all
    We are in the process of looking for quotations for a new build and have received a few but are just wondering if there are any building contractors people have had direct experience with and would recommend?
    Thanks in advance.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The Midlands is a big area....

What part are you building in?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The Midlands is a big area....

What part are you building in?

Sorry. Kildare Meath border.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Some threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

At a minimum I would expect a detailed response in relation to tenders which would include itemised costs. Without itemised pricing you are unable to discuss specific cost items in any detail and therefore there is a real risk of cost over runs.

It also makes it very difficult to try and reduce costs by eliminating items if there is no specific cost listed against it.

Don't necessarily go with the cheapest, we didn't. Focus on reputation and recommendations too.

If interested, I could recommend our builders, based in South Kildare.

• Advertisement

ec_pc wrote: »
    At a minimum I would expect a detailed response in relation to tenders which would include itemised costs. Without itemised pricing you are unable to discuss specific cost items in any detail and therefore there is a real risk of cost over runs.

It also makes it very difficult to try and reduce costs by eliminating items if there is no specific cost listed against it.

Don't necessarily go with the cheapest, we didn't. Focus on reputation and recommendations too.

If interested, I could recommend our builders, based in South Kildare.

Thanks a million. That would be great.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

As per forum charter recommendations by PM thanks

Advertisement