If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Match on Hisense 55U7QFTUK?

Options
  • 14-10-2020 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, 

I half know the answer will be a no as this is a Prime offer and only a 2 year warranty :) 

But no harm in asking as I'd like to give ye the business, would you be able to match, or at least close the gap a bit on this Hisense?    

I have ordered the Hisense 55U7QFTUK for £548 on Amazon's Prime Day offer. I managed to get the last one before it sold out. Just before it gets dispatched I was wondering if you could make a offer.  

I see you have it for £599. https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204749-hisense-55u7qftuk-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-uled-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Guys, 

I half know the answer will be a no as this is a Prime offer and only a 2 year warranty :) 

But no harm in asking as I'd like to give ye the business, would you be able to match, or at least close the gap a bit on this Hisense?    

I have ordered the Hisense 55U7QFTUK for £548 on Amazon's Prime Day offer. I managed to get the last one before it sold out. Just before it gets dispatched I was wondering if you could make a offer.  

I see you have it for £599. https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204749-hisense-55u7qftuk-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-uled-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1
    Hi Grumpypants.

Thanks for the post.

As Amazon only offer the 2 year warranty I would not be able to offer to beat their price.

For us to offer a price beat it must be a like for like offer and include a 5 or 6 year guarantee and also delivery to your hoe address.

It a low margin item for ourselves and I could only squeeze it down to £589 delivered.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Thanks Kenny,

From your own experience is this a decent tv for the money? I'm upgrading in preparation for the PS5. But I've never had a Hisense.

I have a Sony Bravia KD49XE7093BU 49" 4K HDR Smart TV from 2017. From what I remember that is an entry level TV. It is okay but far too dark for gaming, and side lit so the HDR is a bit of a disappointment. Even the gaming preset is a bit brownish and washed out.

Are the Hisense good or would you recommend something else? Budget wise I'd like to stay under €700. But could push to 800 if I was future proofing for 2-3 years.

Thanks Kenny,

From your own experience is this a decent tv for the money? I'm upgrading in preparation for the PS5. But I've never had a Hisense.

I have a Sony Bravia KD49XE7093BU 49" 4K HDR Smart TV from 2017. From what I remember that is an entry level TV. It is okay but far too dark for gaming, and side lit so the HDR is a bit of a disappointment. Even the gaming preset is a bit brownish and washed out.

Are the Hisense good or would you recommend something else? Budget wise I'd like to stay under €700. But could push to 800 if I was future proofing for 2-3 years.
    Hi Grumpypants,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you!

The Hisense ULED TVs are very good to be fair! They don't have as good a smart hub but in terms of picture quality they would be a very good entry level 4K TV!

I would recommend one of the LG NANO cell TV which have a 100Hz panel as well as a great picture for colour and contrast but these are currently 879 euro!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204766-lg-55nano866na-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-nanocell-led-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

I came close to going with the nano due to the hdmi2. 1 and 120hz refresh, it would be great to have that level but the edge lit bit put me off. The blacks seem a bit washed out.

I do like the idea of the backlit array of the Hisense. Not too bothered on the Smart function as I'll have a friestick 4k in it.

How would I go about ordering at the price mentioned above? Can I do it online or best to call tomorrow?

I came close to going with the nano due to the hdmi2. 1 and 120hz refresh, it would be great to have that level but the edge lit bit put me off. The blacks seem a bit washed out.

I do like the idea of the backlit array of the Hisense. Not too bothered on the Smart function as I'll have a friestick 4k in it.

How would I go about ordering at the price mentioned above? Can I do it online or best to call tomorrow?
    Hi Grumpypants,

If you let me know when you'd like to order I can have a voucher created so you can order it online!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Grumpypants,

If you let me know when you'd like to order I can have a voucher created so you can order it online!

Kind regards

David
    Let's do it. I'll cancel the Amazon order now. Fire me on the voucher and I'll order from yourself. thanks David. 

Hi Grumpypants,

Kind regards

David
    Let's do it. I'll cancel the Amazon order now. Fire me on the voucher and I'll order from yourself. thanks David. 
    I'll send that over as soon as it's created Grumpypants!

Hi Grumpypants,

Kind regards

David
    PM sent!

Order in, thanks for the help lads

Order in, thanks for the help lads
    Thanks for the order Grumpypants, much appreciated!

• Advertisement

Ah, would you believe it, a day after pulling the trigger Costco dropped the price by £120 to £470.99 and that comes with a 5 year warranty too. 

https://www.costco.co.uk/Electronics-Security/Televisions-Projectors/Televisions/Hisense-H55U7QFTUK-55-Inch-QLED-4K-Ultra-HD-Smart-TV/p/334650

I think I saw in the price beat article you match costco? Would there be any option for matching this one?  

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Grumpy,

unfortunately we don't price-beat Costco as they don't deliver to Ireland.

You can cancel no problem if you can work out a way of getting it to Ireland of we will happily meet you half way and do you a £50 refund?

Thanks and hope this makes you slightly less grumpy :)

Keep us posted and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Grumpy,

unfortunately we don't price-beat Costco as they don't deliver to Ireland.

You can cancel no problem if you can work out a way of getting it to Ireland of we will happily meet you half way and do you a £50 refund?

Thanks and hope this makes you slightly less grumpy :)

Keep us posted and we will do our best to assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John, 

I'm nice I swear :pac:

I had a look and for Parcel Wizard to deliver it to Ireland it would be around the £15 mark. I'd be happy to meet half-way and take the £50 refund as you mention if that's okay?  

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Grumpy,

Nice - we have heard the opposite :D

That's perfect - and hope you are happy enough with that - TBH I don't fancy the chances of getting a 55" TV delivered via PW - TBH generally the DPD network will not deliver large screen TV - we use them as one of our primary logistics partners and they won't guarantee safe delivery of any screensize over 32" - I just would not risk it with a larger screen..

I'll ask the guys to process that £50 for you in the morning - normally takes the 'resting in my account' banks a 3-5 days to actually show this on your statement but it will be done on our system in the morning and emma@richersounds.ie will pop you a mail to confirm.

Thanks again Grumpypants and as ever thanks for the business - we really appreciate it :)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.