Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance and cancelled trip

• 14-10-2020 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this - I'll happily take it down and put it somewhere else if that's the case. I'm very inexperienced when it comes to this, so apologies if the answers are actually really obvious.

Back in February I booked a holiday to Scotland in November and took out a travel insurance policy with Chill Insurance. Obviously the holiday is looking more and more unlikely to work out - the Department of Foreign Affairs is advising against all non-essential travel to Great Britain. Obviously there's a very real risk that I'll have to cancel the holiday, and the full sum has now been paid. Here are my questions:

- If (as is likely) it becomes clear that non-essential travel is not advised in November and I cancel the holiday, where do I stand? The policy says this:
    No Section of this cover shall apply in respect of:

s. Your travel to a country or specific area or event to which the
    Travel Advice Section of the Department of Foreign Affairs or World Health Organisation have advised the public not to travel.

In what way does this apply given that Great Britain wasn't advised against when I booked, but it looks like it will be when the time for the holiday comes around?

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement