Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New iOS app Issue

Options
  • 14-10-2020 5:42pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Installed the new iOS app update today and delighted to see it’s been updated after 63 years.

Upon trying to register my device, I can’t get past step 5, no matter how many times I press continue it just won’t go past that step.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app and still the same issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Installed it today. Unimpressed. It is working but performance is dreadful. Every action requires a 2-3 second wait with a white screen before your info is displayed. And I'm talking simple, everyday actions like clicking on an account to see the transition details. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

eeloe wrote: »
    Installed the new iOS app update today and delighted to see it’s been updated after 63 years.

Upon trying to register my device, I can’t get past step 5, no matter how many times I press continue it just won’t go past that step.

I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app and still the same issue.
    Hi Eeloe,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We're glad to hear you're excited about the new app, and we're sorry to see you're experiencing difficulty registering for this new service. To check this, it would be best to link in with our dedicated app team on 0818200362 or +35314606410. One of our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you.

We hope this helps. 

Many thanks,
    Richard

sidekick wrote: »
    Installed it today. Unimpressed. It is working but performance is dreadful. Every action requires a 2-3 second wait with a white screen before your info is displayed. And I'm talking simple, everyday actions like clicking on an account to see the transition details. 
    Hi Sidekick,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the new app. We have reduced the number of steps required to login in the new app to simplify the login journey while adding further phone security checks to further improve app security. While the overall time to login is similar for the new app, we know that the processing time required to execute the phone security checks can sometimes be slower particularly when using phone with older operating systems. We will continue to improve and simplify our login process.

Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sidekick

Hi Sidekick,

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy with the new app. We have reduced the number of steps required to login in the new app to simplify the login journey while adding further phone security checks to further improve app security. While the overall time to login is similar for the new app, we know that the processing time required to execute the phone security checks can sometimes be slower particularly when using phone with older operating systems. We will continue to improve and simplify our login process.

Thanks,
    Richard

Thanks Richard. I’m running iOS 14, which is the latest release. The long pauses and white screens seems to be somewhat intermittent.

When will modern features be added? Such as biometric authentication, temporary card freeze, submit travel note (although somewhat moot right now). And support for Apple Pay?

sidekick wrote: »
    Hi Sidekick,

Thanks,
    Richard

Thanks Richard. I’m running iOS 14, which is the latest release. The long pauses and white screens seems to be somewhat intermittent.

When will modern features be added? Such as biometric authentication, temporary card freeze, submit travel note (although somewhat moot right now). And support for Apple Pay?
    Thanks for getting back to us Sidekick,

It is important to remember that the new app is not the end point on this journey, but rather the launch point from which we can add additional features to future versions like mobile payments and biometric security enhancements.

Google Pay is our first delivery in mobile payments, but we have plans for further digital wallets and we will be in touch with customers when these are available.

We hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

It is important to remember that the new app is not the end point on this journey, but rather the launch point from which we can add additional features to future versions like mobile payments and biometric security enhancements.

Google Pay is our first delivery in mobile payments, but we have plans for further digital wallets and we will be in touch with customers when these are available.

Many thanks,
    Richard

Is apple pay available with new IOS app?

Many thanks,
    Richard

Is apple pay available with new IOS app?
    Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. 

We have plans for further digital wallets and we will be in touch with customers when these are available. We don’t have any further update than that for now. Apple Pay is not currently available.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Apple themselves can hold up Apple Pay. They have a list of requirements before they'll grant a licence

Advertisement