Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir gone missing

• 14-10-2020 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Bit of a dilemma here. Signed up for Eir Broadband without issue. Waited in and technician never came. Have called 3 different Eir customer care lines once for over 55 mins and no reply. Can't use chat function online as not available. No apparent email support. Cannot 'change' my technician appointment online.
    Now trying to get a hold of my direct debit mandate number so I can make sure they don't take any money off me but its not on my online account and another day of being on hold with no luck
    What's the story? Everywhere is operating with reduced call centre capacity but this seems suspect.
    I've written a letter to withdraw under my 14 day cooling off period anyway. Do you think they'd start to take money if they've never installed it/I've never used the service?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

maxsmum wrote: »
    Bit of a dilemma here. Signed up for Eir Broadband without issue. Waited in and technician never came. Have called 3 different Eir customer care lines once for over 55 mins and no reply. Can't use chat function online as not available. No apparent email support. Cannot 'change' my technician appointment online.
    Now trying to get a hold of my direct debit mandate number so I can make sure they don't take any money off me but its not on my online account and another day of being on hold with no luck
    What's the story? Everywhere is operating with reduced call centre capacity but this seems suspect.
    I've written a letter to withdraw under my 14 day cooling off period anyway. Do you think they'd start to take money if they've never installed it/I've never used the service?

They are absolute bastards to deal with.

Keep a copy of your letter, get proof of postage and cancel your dd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

maxsmum wrote: »

You would think that they won't charge you but anything is possible with incompetent Eir.

If they do charge you, do a reverse charges transaction with your bank.

You could try their escalation contacts, they might answer the phone.

Advertisement