Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donating Silage for Biogas

Options
  • 14-10-2020 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

I saw a program on RTE this evening (Ecoeye or something? the one with Duncan Stewart probably from about 5 years back) They were discussing biogas as an alternative option for beef farmers. Biogas being a fuel generated from mixing and fermenting a mixture of silage and slurry to get a cleaner energy fuel.

I'm planning on getting out of cattle for the winter months as I don't have the time for them. This leaves me with about 30 bales of silage to get rid of. I don't really want to get into the bartering game with neighbouring farmers but it would be great if one of these biogas companies came and took them all off my hands in one go.

Has anyone any knowledge on how this works or who I should contact? I could only find companies looking to hook people up to a biogas line, which I'm not interested in.

Any info appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

bfa1509 wrote: »
    I saw a program on RTE this evening (Ecoeye or something? the one with Duncan Stewart probably from about 5 years back) They were discussing biogas as an alternative option for beef farmers. Biogas being a fuel generated from mixing and fermenting a mixture of silage and slurry to get a cleaner energy fuel.

I'm planning on getting out of cattle for the winter months as I don't have the time for them. This leaves me with about 30 bales of silage to get rid of. I don't really want to get into the bartering game with neighbouring farmers but it would be great if one of these biogas companies came and took them all off my hands in one go.

Has anyone any knowledge on how this works or who I should contact? I could only find companies looking to hook people up to a biogas line, which I'm not interested in.

Any info appreciated.

Anyone who builds a digester is more so the one who should be giving the donation. It's a licence to print public subsidy money and not beef farmer sub money either.

Advertisement