Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Micheal Martins boots are too big .

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

SF have been a laughing stock since the election. They made absolutely not 1 effort to form a government, hid behind the fact that they wouldn't form with FF and FG (which ruled out forming a government with anybody). It proved that they are purely a party of protest.
    Even Mary Lou when MM ignored NPHET advice to move to level 5, had to hide behind "10 years of zero investment in the health service" as her only defence. As if she or her party would take on the public sector unions in the HSE which everybody with even 1 brain cell knows is the real problem in the service? And as for Louisa, since she was on Prime Time on a health matter and could only talk about renters, it said it all!

It is true that Donnelly couldn't not take it, but how they agreed to taking education when it was the obvious row coming up, I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭HBC08

Not a fan of FF, at all, but they do deserve some credit for “propping” up the government during the, initial, Brexit negotiations and for going into coalition during the Covid crisis.

Micheál Martin is one of few decent leaders FF have. Their lower “ranks” seem to be a mix of overly ambitious eejits and nobodies.

I think MM falls into the bracket of overly ambitious eejit and thats being generous.His absolute need to be Taoiseach at any cost blinded any political intelligence he may have had (I'm not sure he ever did possess any)
    He's completely out of his depth and floundering badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭HBC08

The people know that SF were shafted... political shapeshifters is all we have in office right now.

The people will not forget!

As bad as things are now,can you imagine how bad it would be with SF wasters in government.
    David "up the ra" Cullinane as Tanaiste,Violet Anne minister for health,Dessie Ellis minister for justice........lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

SF have been a laughing stock since the election. They made absolutely not 1 effort to form a government, hid behind the fact that they wouldn't form with FF and FG (which ruled out forming a government with anybody). It proved that they are purely a party of protest.
    Even Mary Lou when MM ignored NPHET advice to move to level 5, had to hide behind "10 years of zero investment in the health service" as her only defence. As if she or her party would take on the public sector unions in the HSE which everybody with even 1 brain cell knows is the real problem in the service? And as for Louisa, since she was on Prime Time on a health matter and could only talk about renters, it said it all!

It is true that Donnelly couldn't not take it, but how they agreed to taking education when it was the obvious row coming up, I don't know.

Gwahahahaha!

Wtf were SF supposed to do when FFG & Labour ruled them out? Come on now explain that. Explain how they were supposed to form a government when 78 TDs wouldn't even talk to them?

And then, they actually did make a genuine effort at drumming up support despite all this.

Most of the criticism SF gets is hilarious. It would never be leveled at any other party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

HBC08 wrote: »
    I think MM falls into the bracket of overly ambitious eejit and thats being generous.His absolute need to be Taoiseach at any cost blinded any political intelligence he may have had (I'm not sure he ever did possess any)
    He's completely out of his depth and floundering badly.

Daniel MConnell calls it right in todays Examiner. Martin is growing into the role of leader now. His integrity stands in contrast to what faces him across the chamber.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He's sh1te at the speeches. At least Leo added a bit of Lord of the Rings or Terminator to it!

Thanks but I’ll take my chances with M Martin over LVs “let’s see if I can trend on tick tock” social media bull plop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Kowerski

Gwahahahaha!

Wtf were SF supposed to do when FFG & Labour ruled them out? Come on now explain that. Explain how they were supposed to form a government when 78 TDs wouldn't even talk to them?

And then, they actually did make a genuine effort at drumming up support despite all this.

Most of the criticism SF gets is hilarious. It would never be leveled at any other party.

You should read the thread, good insight into Sinn Fein getting "blocked"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Skeetur

That's not true. People before profit are a likewise bunch of populist airbags and get treated the same as SF.

SF have no interest in being in government because it would mean having to work instead of whinge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

What absolute ****e. FF Labour and FG refused to talk to SF. FF and FG broke their pre election promise to not form a Govt together just to keep SF out

You know it, I know it, the dogs on the street know it.

It's worked out ok for FG as they are the 3rd biggest party in the 26 and have managed to stay in Govt but its basically ended FF as a major party in the next election

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,495 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I feel sorry for MM. Utterly dull. I'd fall asleep during one of his speeches.

Much as I dislike smarmy LV for his social media 'shares and likes' whoring, he's still streets ahead of MM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement