Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway and Sports Direct

Options
  • 15-10-2020 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

Hi all. First, a note to mods - I started a thread on this last night in the "Online Buying & Auction" forum, but the latest twist in the tale leads to me to believe it might be better here, because of what I want to ask.

I know cross-posting is normally frowned upon, but hope it's okay here. If it's not, please delete the thread I started in the other forum.

Anyway, a long story, as short as I can make it:
    - A few weeks ago, I ordered an item from Sports Direct, which I decided to return after I received it (a pair of football boots for a six-year-old, which looked red on screen, but were more pink when they actually arrived)

- I sent it back with Fastway/Parcel Connect, and asked for a refund

- Sports Direct say they never received the package, and so can't process a refund. They can see the same tracking as me, which ends with "Your parcel is is on its way to its destination", but doesn't actually say that it ever arrived.

- Fastway insist it was delivered okay, and so it's not their problem. They've shown me a scan from their own system which says "Returned to retailer", from the same date and time as the "on its way" message that I can see. But neither me nor Sports Direct can see this message any other way.

Anyway, neither side is giving an inch, so I'm still at the loss of the pair of boots (a little over €50).

Does anybody know if this is the sort of thing that the Consumer Protection Commission might be able to help with?

I see there's also a European Online Dispute Resolution system - https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/?event=main.home2.show - might this be the way to go?

Or can anybody think of any other option?

All help or suggestions gratefully received!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Its fine in the other forum. The should be no multiple or cross posting, so I've reported it and asked the mods here to delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Thanks. I just thought it might be more suitable here, since I'm asking about the Consumer Protection Commission and the European Disputes Resolution thing. Presume it's okay to ask about those things in the other forum as well?

Thanks for your reply there already, by the way. But as I said in my own reply there, not sure it would apply here, since there's no dispute that I actually received the item first. The problems only arose after I sent it back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement