If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview and Freesat

Options
  • 15-10-2020 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey RicherS.

Like look of Samsung 50" TU8500 and just wanted to check if I can set it up for both Saorview and Freesat at the same time?
    • Saorview via the Antennae then UK as Freesat? Or does that send the TV in to a meltdown?

• If I add smart DNS would that also enable iPlayer / 4OD etc as the house watches more UK than Saorview

• Last obvious question: any deals inc. delivery to Co. Clare
    [*]

Thanks,
    Russtini

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

russtini wrote: »
    Hey RicherS.

Like look of Samsung 50" TU8500 and just wanted to check if I can set it up for both Saorview and Freesat at the same time?
    • Saorview via the Antennae then UK as Freesat? Or does that send the TV in to a meltdown?

• If I add smart DNS would that also enable iPlayer / 4OD etc as the house watches more UK than Saorview

[*]

Thanks,
    Russtini
    [*]
    Hi Russtini,

Thanks for the post!

The Samsung doesn't have Saorview or Freesat built in - Samsungs have their own tuners called TV Plus which will pick up local Free To Air Channels and use their own EPG. You can't run them both at the same time though and would need to switch between them.

In terms of the smart features they are region specific so there may be apps, especially apps like iPlayer, which will not work in ROI. It will still have Netflix, Amazon, Youtube and Apple TV.

The best price I can do on that would be the web pricing but the 599 euro price would include shipping and a 6 Year Guarantee! The only problem is we are currently sold out of them - we are due a new batch back in next week though!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 36 russtini

Hey RicherS.

[*]

Thanks,
    Russtini

[*]
    Hi Russtini,

Thanks for the post!

The Samsung doesn't have Saorview or Freesat built in - Samsungs have their own tuners called TV Plus which will pick up local Free To Air Channels and use their own EPG. You can't run them both at the same time though and would need to switch between them.

In terms of the smart features they are region specific so there may be apps, especially apps like iPlayer, which will not work in ROI. It will still have Netflix, Amazon, Youtube and Apple TV.

The best price I can do on that would be the web pricing but the 599 euro price would include shipping and a 6 Year Guarantee! The only problem is we are currently sold out of them - we are due a new batch back in next week though!

Kind regards

David
    [*]
    Thanks for info, makes good sense. Happy to give this Sumsung a go for when the new stock arrived -will DM my number David.

Cheers,
    Russtini

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hey RicherS.

[*]

Thanks,
    Russtini

[*]
    Hi Russtini,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

[*]
    Thanks for info, makes good sense. Happy to give this Sumsung a go for when the new stock arrived -will DM my number David.

Cheers,
    Russtini
    [*]
    Hi Russtini,

No problem, I'll get back to your PM asap!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.