Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT no PPS

• 15-10-2020 2:55pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3

Hi,

I've managed to get a job in ROI and have moved over from the UK. Recently got a new car from a family member - bought not inherited, (UK based) and drove it via the Belfast Ferry to drop off some items. Was planning to take it back to the UK and sell it but thinking it'll be useful to probably VRT now while here -before Brexit comes in. I'm outside the VRT 7 days now and don't have my PPS number. Anyone know the situation on whether that's going to be an issue when registering? It's registered in UK but I've only owned it for about a month. Appreciate your thoughts on this.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,377 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Nem117 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've managed to get a job in ROI and have moved over from the UK. Recently got a new car from a family member - bought not inherited, (UK based) and drove it via the Belfast Ferry to drop off some items. Was planning to take it back to the UK and sell it but thinking it'll be useful to probably VRT now while here -before Brexit comes in. I'm outside the VRT 7 days now and don't have my PPS number. Anyone know the situation on whether that's going to be an issue when registering? It's registered in UK but I've only owned it for about a month. Appreciate your thoughts on this.

I’d focus more on getting the PPS so that your PAYE arrangements are set up rather than worrying about minor time related penalties for late VRT. Is the car EURO6? If not, you might find that it is not worthwhile to VRT it here given the NOx component of the charge.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 Nem117

PPS process is underway, has been since end of August... just a massive backlog there. I've got time until I start mid-November. Car is 2007, petrol, 1.2 engine. So not in the Euro6.

Advertisement