Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Chinese or take out in Sligo Town?

Options
  • 15-10-2020 5:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

I tried some of the burger joints like zam zam and if that's your thing, cool - but it's not for me.

I did try one Chinese joint and it was okay, a little heavy on the MSG.

Any particular recommendations for decent take away outlet around the town center?

And places to avoid?

I've read some pretty disgusting reviews, I'm trying to avoid rat meat etc. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭jt69er

Mandarin Court Wine St.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

'GREAT' on mail coach road do good deals.

You can always ask for it without MSG in any chinese.

I avoid Ho-wong on High street.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Actually are there any other recommended take out joints of any kind that come recommended?

Think I read there's a new korean take out place opened near Bank of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Actually are there any other recommended take out joints of any kind that come recommended?

Think I read there's a new korean take out place opened near Bank of Ireland?

Only places in town I like:

Mandarin Court for 'Chinese' the odd time

Sligo fish & chips on Mail Coach Road

The Korean place is called Miso and it does Japanese & Korean food. Been there a few years now and is nice if you like that cuisine. Staff are really nice and we've been in for meals several times before COVID. I think it's still takeaway only at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Julan Julan is S.E Asian fusion and about the best of them. I also like Great.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

Julan Julan is S.E Asian fusion and about the best of them. I also like Great.

Gonna try this place.

Duck from the Mandarin court looks good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Just had takeout the other night from Mandarin Court Wine St. - Lovely food.
    (But it is expensive when comparing with Julan Julan or other Chinese's in town)

Note - Only Open Wed-Sat from 5pm

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Advertisement