Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Stamp 4 + Wife with 1G Spouse

Options
  • 15-10-2020 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey, folks! Has anybody applied and actually got a pre-approval for a mortgage using two applicants? I'm stamp 4 and my wife is stamp 1G(Spouse).

Have you had any problems?

I'm applying at the moment, but I wanted to understand if it could create some problems in some of the banks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

tsznx wrote: »
    Hey, folks! Has anybody applied and actually got a pre-approval for a mortgage using two applicants? I'm stamp 4 and my wife is stamp 1G(Spouse).

Have you had any problems?

I'm applying at the moment, but I wanted to understand if it could create some problems in some of the banks.

I had no idea what stamp 4 or stamp 1G was till I googled it
    It seems stamp 4 has conditions to it ie you must re apply for permission to stay

If you wish to stay in Ireland past the expiry date of your immigration permission, you must apply to renew your permission and registration before they expire.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/inis/pages/registration-stamps#stamp4
    I think a broker would be your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 20 twoeyes

We have the same status and KBC gave us approval in principal with out any issue. AIB on the other hand told that they will only consider stamp 4 applicant. So different banks has different policies and you are better off by checking with multiple banks.

Good luck with your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tsznx

brisan wrote: »
    I had no idea what stamp 4 or stamp 1G was till I googled it
    It seems stamp 4 has conditions to it ie you must re apply for permission to stay

If you wish to stay in Ireland past the expiry date of your immigration permission, you must apply to renew your permission and registration before they expire.

I think a broker would be your best bet

Sorry, those stamps are for immigrants living in Ireland. I'm basically asking if I can make a group application along with my wife, even though she doesn't have residency (Stamp 4) and is living here as my dependant.
    twoeyes wrote: »
    We have the same status and KBC gave us approval in principal with out any issue. AIB on the other hand told that they will only consider stamp 4 applicant. So different banks has different policies and you are better off by checking with multiple banks.

Good luck with your application.

Thanks for the answers, I've been seen different answers in different places and I suppose it can vary relying on the bank you apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Stamp 4 needed at least a year till expiry for my wife when we did it but I'm Irish so not sure if it would have been more difficult in both were on stamps

• Registered Users Posts: 20 twoeyes

tsznx wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers, I've been seen different answers in different places and I suppose it can vary relying on the bank you apply.

We got approval on stamp 1 and stamp 1G so stamp 4 and 1G should not be a problem with KBC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement